Disable Poison Knife Yes/No?

Raptor

• 4 weeks later...

DD said its not going happen so I guess this thread can be locked.

you wish :P

nice try though :yeye 

actually i read what daredevil wrote on the other thread. i dont follow up on his argumentation but didnt want to answer offtopic. we had this discussion before and the result was removing it from jay 2 so i'd say: why not removing it from jay 3 also. why should we keep poison knifes if most of the players dont use it and are annoyed by the use? the polls result has a clear tendency: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/90662-poll-disable-or-limit-number-of-poison-knifes-jay1-jay3/

i still think the best solution would be reducing the number of poison knifes so everbody will still be able to use it but the overuse by certain players will be impossible.  while having played beg1 regularly i counted much more of these knifers than daredevil but even just one of those knifers hiding behind your spawn can be really annoying already and shows me that this player is neither looking for teamplay nor for object so i wonder why he plays with humans. it seems like trolling to me to which bots wouldnt react. and when there are 3 of those knifers on each team the game becomes nonsense to me.

• Like 1

Gonna try to keep my response RE Jay3 sweet and simple:

Please don't change Jay3 settings. Jay3 is a fun server. It has had two SMGs, fast shooting, and lower gravity for years; the hitboxes are huge, there are more lax vsay and language rules, etc and so on.

Myself and others have been playing on this server for several years, and imo does not need changes. It is in the top ten (if not top 5 usually) TB and gametracker server lists, and people like it the way it is. The majority of regulars use poisoned throwing knifes, and I think they add good fun to the server. They can be annoying at times, but for the most part I laugh when one kills me. Usually I can make it to a medic chest though. :) Adds for a nice "race against the clock" minigame :P

New players also seem to enjoy throwing knifes, I usually get asked once per day how to bind right click to "throw" bind.

For those who want shorter throw distance, limited whatever, etc and so on... different servers offer different settings, and I've found that if I'm looking for slow paced fun gameplay I can go to Jay2. If I want a more "pro" environment, I go to Silent 1 or Hardcore.

I believe people on Jay3 like it the way it is.

EDIT: I was falling asleep when I originally wrote this post, and I failed to turn my ringer off- so the notification woke me up. I felt my original response was on the rude side, so I wanted to change the grammar and clarify some things. My apologies to anyone who was put off by what I said.

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't want to revive an old topic, But today I saw that regulars started using poison knives and the server went from half empty to 4 players in like a map. And the map wasn't the reason why people left because it is still a great map.

I'm going to say this again "Poison knife is basically a one shot kill. and it's too over powered to be honest" combine that with the big maps with not many supply caches you have got something there. I don't see why we have to keep the poison knife just for few people compared to the majority who leave the server filled with rage because everyone starts a knife fight.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Carbonautics said:

I don't want to revive an old topic, But today I saw that regulars started using poison knives and the server went from half empty to 4 players in like a map. And the map wasn't the reason why people left because it is still a great map.

I'm going to say this again "Poison knife is basically a one shot kill. and it's too over powered to be honest" combine that with the big maps with not many supply caches you have got something there. I don't see why we have to keep the poison knife just for few people compared to the majority who leave the server filled with rage because everyone starts a knife fight.

Please take the screenshot or demo to support your theory. So far i have never seen players leaving the server just because we have poison knife.

I believe this is exaggeration just like exaggeration, OMG I lag.. no no server lag... no server map sucks.. eventually after all test we figure out it's their ISP or their modem/router.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Administrators
On 1/14/2018 at 7:00 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

It would probably draw more people back or to stay, which would fill the gap left by any players that left. I bet taking Adren off Jay 1 back in the day had the same arguments, but it was removed and Jay 1 thrives still

Jay1 never had adren from beginning. If I add adren back you will see inverse infect. We always provided different server, different game play style. 

• Like 1

we tried in jay3 once as experiment to remove poison knifes and also less damage and it was a big disaster less damage made it almost impossible to make knife kills
and when it got removed the server had in no time only the half of the original activity since many regulars like to play with it
and all guns nades heavy weapons are far more powerfull then poison knifes anyway

• Like 1

Today I had the chance to have an enemy team consisting of about 50% poison knifers (and 50% not). After a while I had enough and went to Silent1. I usually go to afk, or to different server if I meet too much poison knifers. Sometimes I notice others doing the same, but I have no proof. If I dont forget I can make demo. Maybe its just me, but the for me pknives are afk reason.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

10 minutes ago, Vindstot said:

Today I had the chance to have an enemy team consisting of about 50% poison knifers (and 50% not). After a while I had enough and went to Silent1. I usually go to afk, or to different server if I meet too much poison knifers. Sometimes I notice others doing the same, but I have no proof. If I dont forget I can make demo. Maybe its just me, but the for me pknives are afk reason.

If 50% of that team were knifer user , doesn t that mean they are popular? And that 25%+ the players ,at that moment , on that server liked it? Every class have poison knifes soo it s not giving advantage to anyone . Everyone is having the same possibility to use them or not .

• Like 4

Yea, its popular. I cant measure how much it is, maybe more people are here for it than not. Thats why I didnt say anything like remove this curse asap. If people like it, let them have it :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Eazy said:

If 50% of that team were knifer user , doesn t that mean they are popular? And that 25%+ the players ,at that moment , on that server liked it? Every class have poison knifes soo it s not giving advantage to anyone . Everyone is having the same possibility to use them or not .

What really happens, is that you go to a server, get killed by poison knife several times, you try to kill the same way, specially new players. The only change I suggest (if possible) to disable poison knifes on field ops class.

• Like 2

No, People like to have wars with them and I don't see issue... something different from just gun all the time. :)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
44 minutes ago, Hulk said:

No, People like to have wars with them and I don't see issue... something different from just gun all the time. :)

Some people, cough cough, LIKE gun all the time :D:P