Disable Poison Knife Yes/No?

Raptor

8 hours ago, Afro. said:

I just throw them straight up in the air, and then I wait for the msg "Afro killed F|A=Sparrow ... " XD

My experience is that every thrown knife will find a way to catch me sooner or later and poison me. So you can close your eyes, randomly throw them, still get me w/em

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Afro. said:

I just throw them straight up in the air, and then I wait for the msg "Afro killed F|A=Sparrow ... " XD

You dont, but there are players who do.

2 hours ago, Sparrow said:

You dont, but there are players who do.

and camp the ammo cache while doing it like gundalf did. I hate that i revived tis old topic without proof :(

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

just left jay3 again... too much poison knife spam. shooting 30 bullets right onto knifer after i got hit but no damage at all... no focus on team or object but on knife only.. boooooring

• Like 1
  • 100 2

I agree it was poison off all day and the game play was much more fun for the majority on Jay3. All the troller knifers came on and soon realised that poison was off and started to whine. However I am torn. I can aim so I want to play a game of skill, when there are 3+ players on other team using knife as main weapon then it gets boring fast. It also encourages camping on both sides as no one will go near obj as there waits the knife nabs. On the other hand if you are a medic and you just killed 4 players...a knife to get the adrened up medic that comes for revenge is a great weapon. I guess im saying the people that lead with knife take no responsibility for destroying the game play element and coming across as trolls, saying its part of game blah blah. l do tend to leave when there is 3+ knifers its just no longer skill but random knifing like amateur hour. 

So I would remove it.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

it is just re added 
jay3 the regular players about the half of them are playing mostly with it removing it would mean most of these players leaving.

becides that jay3 is fast gaming double jump adre its already far more difficult then other mods mainly due the speed.
another thing is players with a bit less skills rely on these knifes to kill the better players same for heavy weapons.
removing poison knifes only will result in less players and making it more easy for mainly raters or better players.

in jay2 it's i believe removed so if people really dont like it they can visit jay2 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DFighter said:

in jay2 it's i believe removed so if people really dont like it they can visit jay2 

The only problem with this is Jay2 is not EU, and although I am used to playing at high ping, not many EU people do........is what i deduce from the low activity although you guys might have tested jay2 on EU before i do not know that, in that case im sorry for posting this. But yeah jay2 works for me.

again as per DD said:

Jaymod - No one is going to recompile it after doing the code changes in it. So changing damage, speed, etc is not possible for now.

Either we keep it or remove it. Jay1 and Jay3 both have it and Jay2 doesn't have it. So if someone doesn't like knifes, they can play on jay2. 

So lets not open this topic up again and meet up on jay2.

Edited by Carbonautics
added few quotes
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Carbonautics said:

meet up on jay2.

Im up for jay2 as well although i also like to play the fast game on jay3 if there are no kamikaze knife spammers :spank🔪🍽️🍴🗡️

Unfortunately jay2 has less players mostly or even none but its worth hangin around there a bit and usually more people will join after a while.

while jay1 has often too many players i want to encourage anybody here to visit jay2 more often 🤖👻🤠👽👨‍🌾:rockon:allrock:

dropping the line /connect jay2.clan-fa.com:27960 in jay1 chat might be useful from time to time

Edited by r3wind3r
  • Like 3

• Administrators

I disabled for testing on jay3 - i see more messages on discord - left and right to enable it back on jay3. So for now jay3 knife stays on - jay2 poison knife stays off. 

/lock

• Like 5
  • Sad 1