Hardcore - Rush Rule?

CheepHeep

Rush Time Limit  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the rush rule be implemented for on each map?

• No Rush Rule.
    • 2 Minutes.
    • 3 Minutes.
    • 4 Minutes.
    • 5 Minutes.

There's pretty much every server FA hosts that have anti rush rule and theres HC that has everything off, meaning u can either fool around entire map or make the map in matter of first minute. The regulars there are coming to play on it purely because of its rules, there are some players who really focus on objective and winning adlerest within a first minute will probably boost their motivation in playing even longer there, considering they would feel like they beat enemy team alone by their superior tactics, take that away from them and u make HC same as rest of servers.

Regulars pick their favorite servers along server settings and server rules, the regulars on HC are all aware how there's no rush rule or that theres team damage enabled, that's why they keep coming back since they prefer those settings over the ones on Silent one.

In my honest opinion, theres prolly around 30% of players that are objective based on each map, around 45% of casual players, who mix fragging with objective work and around 25% of players who play for their joy of fragging and only ocasionally help with the objective work. In any given map, taken into accounting that there's on average map around 20 players, 10 per team, if two of those guys are focusing on objective, noone would be able to sneak thro and make the game rushed. Problem occurs that those objective players mostly lack experience when it comes to rushing and cant see the plays that enemy team is doing, whether its sneaking from side at Frostbite or taking a covie at adler to get thro trasmitor.

Rushing isn't that common either, as not even every Adlernst of Frostbite is utterly rushed and axis most of the time give a proper work for opposition to aquire objective and secure it, so overall i wouldn't really see it being a problem having no rush rule, after all, its been there since ages and sever never had any popularity issues, as old saying goes, dont fix stuffs that aint broken at first place.

• Like 6

i hate to be the one to say and point it out the name of the server is hardcore for a reason a rush rule on a  server named  hardcore kinda  take away the point of it being hardcore we have  silent 1 for that 

Edited by Platonic
readable font
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i hate to be the one to say and point it out the name of the server is hardcore for a reason a rush rule on a  server named  hardcore kinda  take away the point of it being hardcore we have  silent 1 for that 

There is no rush rule on Silent 1, the only difference is a somewhat meaningless "encourage to enjoy the map" (admins regularly end it fast when I used to go there, so I doubt players will care), it might as well be identical to hardcore on that rule.

So the only reason hardcore has its name is due to ff being on.

The issue is whether people want a chance for random teams to organise, this is not a pro competition people will be afk, still connecting, deciding if they want to play, changing teams etc, etc. I would suggest there is nothing "hardcore", or worthwhile, or resembling a "win" in completing a map as fast as possible in these situations. But if everyone who plays there wants it to stay that way, then it should stay the same.

Edited by DrPotato

• 8 months later...

U know... i was always thinking about to stay with no rush or put antirush... and well they have antirush on recruiting.. but on Hardcore... idk... maybe can put antirush in the shortest maps and no rush on the longest and medium maps :)

HC means hardcore .... that is why there is no rush rule.

Gengis

• Like 1