linux etlegacy 2.75 VM_Create on UI failed

HutiKuti
Go to solution Solved by kajto3,

hello!

i try everything and i didn find solution with my self.

first issue was the server list lost so i have to connect with ip. then i got pissed off that and i install ET again, and i got 2 issues. server list is still missing and i cant join anymore with ip (as usual i fix something it means i worsening things)

i have tried all permissions, sudo, admin, etc. not working!

legacy have this server list problem, and i have fixed that earlier but i dont know how :help

here is crashlog

crashlog.txt

it has something to do with your guid if close and restart et doesnt work perhaps changing your guid or name does I had this error once too but restarting et worked for me 

you mean new profile name ET or? and my english it isn so good so can you explain what you mean guid = guide?. but i try chanching name and didnt work. it will start downloadin map and then close ET and that wm_ui message shows

• Solution

There's been similar topics about this problem recently... Solutions posted there might be helpful:

https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/88431-problem-join-nq3-and-other-servers/

I personally never had this problem so I don't know if it helps, but I'm sure it can be fixed.

• Like 1

• Leader

I am no expert in ETlegacy, but I did some googling.

Perhaps ETlegacy still does not accept filenames with ~ in them.  I found two such in your your file.

/home/maanis/.etlegacy/silent/~fearless_ssp_b1.pk3 (38 files)
    /home/maanis/.etlegacy/silent/~fearless_ssp_b1.pk3 (38 files)

There was also this:

Sys_LoadGameDll -> FS_CL_ExtractFromPakFile(/home/maanis/.etlegacy, silent, ui.mp.x86_64.so)

Sys_LoadDll(/home/maanis/.etlegacy/silent/ui.mp.x86_64.so)... failed: "Failed loading /home/maanis/.etlegacy/silent/ui.mp.x86_64.so: /home/maanis/.etlegacy/silent/ui.mp.x86_64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Sys_LoadDll(./silent/ui.mp.x86_64.so)... failed: "Failed loading ./silent/ui.mp.x86_64.so: ./silent/ui.mp.x86_64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Sys_LoadDll(silent/ui) failed to load library

-
This has a similar error-list : https://dev.etlegacy.com/issues/697 where the answer is to use a 32-bit, rather than a 64-bit 'build'.

Another forum says that Jaymod does not support 64-bit, which implies that perhaps Silent does :?:

I think that we need an experienced ETLegacy user to answer this... :D

A descriptor on a youtube video says 

"Published on Apr 18, 2015
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory running via the ET: Legacy engine. This is the 32-bit build of Legacy running on 64-bit Arch Linux; as the 64-bit build has certain compatibility issues "

(hehe, I started replying before DF!ghter did and ended up with the last post :) )
Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1

yes we need :D

silent/jay/ng support 64bit legacy with 32libraries i was playing with those settings before.

im out today i will try tomorrow again fix this game.

You need opengl multiarch files.

But for that we need to know the linux distro and graphic card !

Also why running et on a VM with linux ?

Edited by zrong

i ended install manually jaymod files

cgame.mp.i386.so

my_cgame.mp.i386.so

qagame.mp.i386.so

server.cfg

jaymod-2.2.0.dat

then i open F A own server menu in jay (you know what i mean) then i choose silent1 and i able to join there so connect problen is solved

server list still missing :D  and i will not do anythin with that

• Like 1

hmm.. apologies seems i didn't read this carefully nor the attachment.

basically, assuming you're running amd64 processor, legacy version did install all the necessary libs specially related to graphic and sound - what sometimes even with their effort for multi-arch version don't go well and you have to install them manually.

the game did run the only problem was connecting to jaymod. so it's not related to linux and VM. the title of the thread is misleading, it's only an issue to etlegacy.

anyways you found the workaround, that's great.

as for server list the server for this has been down.

see you on server side maybe.. jay sucks.

i was not able to join any FA server, but here the trick part legacy when you have to get in 1 FA server then you are able to join any server, i cant explain why is like that.

jay is not my fav too, but was easiest to solve this :D

You appear to have a ui failure due to incorrect mode cause of either a extension mismatch in profile config or etconfig in mod folder.

where it says MODE: -2, SCREEN: 1920 x 1080 fullscreen (ratio 1.7778)

change to r_mode -1 and then change the window format to r_fullscreen 0 and then use windowed mode in game menu system then will be full screen then.

ET Legacy doesn't like HD my opinion on windows 10 64bit

this would solve the dll from not loading

• Like 1

You appear to have a ui failure due to incorrect mode cause of either a extension mismatch in profile config or etconfig in mod folder.

where it says MODE: -2, SCREEN: 1920 x 1080 fullscreen (ratio 1.7778)

change to r_mode -1 and then change the window format to r_fullscreen 0 and then use windowed mode in game menu system then will be full screen then.

ET Legacy doesn't like HD my opinion on windows 10 64bit

this would solve the dll from not loading

How the hell you know the OP is using win 10 64? And since linux handles with dll files, or you meant .so?

Yes, ET doesn't or wasn't meant to handle with high or bleeding edge resolutions. But it's not an issue related with Legacy quite the opposite.