The vacation of hell....

Ol Smoke

So, on Monday the 10th, my wife and I set out to go to the coast for about 2 weeks.  This is the Pacific Coast near a coastal city called Newport in Oregon.

It is about 75 miles from our house.  The trip down was awful.  I almost... ran into the back of two different cars, run a bicyclist over, and I missed my turn and

had to go another 5 miles before I could find a spot in the traffic and a place big enough to turn my 32' motorhome around.

I get to the park and check in.  I drive up the usual access road to gain access to the upper tier area to park.  There were two pickup trucks blocking the exit.

I could see a narrow way through the trucks and had about a foot to go when I scraped the bumper on a guy's truck.  The damage to my RV was pretty bad,

but his truck's bumper had just a little scrape.  So I got out and got into it with this guy.  But he backed up and let me out.  He said he was trying to hook up,

so he and his wife could leave for home, but, the guy in the black truck wouldn't come out of his new trailer to move his truck.  The park people told him to

park his truck there because he had no more room in his space.  This blocked the exit of the access road.  I finally got out and got to our space and I had told

the guy I would be back to do the insurance thing.  By the time I barely got parked, he shows up.  He said the guy with the black truck left. So I couldn't get

a picture of his truck out in the middle of the road.  So then the park superintendent shows up and I tell him that that truck was not to be parked there.  He

said there wasn't any place else.  So I told him that he was going to be part of the lawsuit also.  He got scared and left.  So that started my vacation off with

a bang.  I was so angry I couldn't even think straight.  So I waited about an hour to set up the RV.

The next day my wife and I went to town for a little lunch, in her car.  We found this nice place but there wasn't much parking.  But I did see that the handicap

site was open.  So I turned my blinker on and drove down to the spot.  This other car was approaching us, and he sped up and practically skidded into the

site.  When I went by I noticed he didnt have a placard for the handicap spot.  So I called 911 and an officer said he would have someone there in 5 minutes. 

When the cop came, he parked behind the car, and checked the plates, and looked inside the windows for a handicap sticker.  Just then the car owner came out

of the cafe and we could see him talking to the cop.  The cop took his license and wrote him a ticket.  Then the cop motioned for him to back out of the space.

When he had moved his car across the street, the office motioned me down to the parking site.  I showed him my placard and he got in his cruiser and left.

The other guy decided he was going to give us some crap.  Now you have to understand that this guy is about 22 years old and 5'6" and 110 lbs.  He is behind

my car waiting for me to get out.  I am 6'2" and 250 lbs. and I love to fight.  So I slowly got out of her little car and I turned to face him and he knew it was over.

He walked behind the other car and went into the cafe.  I never said a word.  I just opened my wife's door and helped her out.  We had a nice lunch.

So the next day we are going to walk down to the beach with our new dog for the first time.  I am helping my wife down the badly worn out trail, when I stumble

over a tree root and twisted my bad foot and ankle again. After about 1/2 an hour of massage, I was able to get down to the beach.  That night it swelled up

so bad I never went to bed.  Just kept icing it.

So now we go to dinner the next night and everything was fine until we got the check.  We had two of the steak specials which were 12.95 each.  We both had

water and nothing else.  So the total should have been $25.90.  I give the waiter my card and he brings it back with the item bill.  I checked the bill and it was 

wait for it........$69.90.  I said, "Why is this check so much?"  He started a rant that was all about how we had steak and lobster.  I said no.  So a few minutes

go by and I said get the owner.  He fixed it.  I left no tip.  Food was great.

Next and last thing. 

I go down to the restroom for my morning poop and wah-lah! no one was in there.  Great.  A nice quiet poop is so good in the morning.

I sit down do my business, pull up my pants and hit the flush button and I could here this gurgling sound deep in the pipes.  I hit the door and ran back into

the shower area, when,  wait for it......boom!!!!!  All the crap from that morning flew out of that toilet all over everything.  That was about 10 am and they were

still cleaning that area at 4pm that afternoon.  They had to call in some professionals to get it clean enough for people to use.  It seems that at the exact

moment I flushed, the local sewage controller was going through a clean out process and the two lines got opened at the same time. When the pressure was

relieved off of the line at my toilet, all the waste chose that route to evacuate through.  Yee haw!!!

Now that I write all this down, it wasn't such a bad time after all.  Except for the traffic.  That really sucked and the accident wasn't good.  But hey...that's why I

pay those high insurance rates.  Right?

post-10606-0-21684500-1500346361_thumb.jpg

post-10606-0-51359400-1500346372_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

The other guy decided he was going to give us some crap.  Now you have to understand that this guy is about 22 years old and 5'6" and 110 lbs.  He is behind

my car waiting for me to get out.  I am 6'2" and 250 lbs. and I love to fight.  So I slowly got out of her little car and I turned to face him and he knew it was over.

Now this really made me giggle! :D What an eventful vacation!

In the end, good or bad you do have a lovely story to tell, thanks so much for sharing and hope your foot/ankle is better!

• Like 5

yeah when trips go round its really makes us mad. My trip to mumbai started with 10hrs of nonstop rain, but i drove bike in that and lol made it a fcking epic experience.

lol and yeah that 22 yr old guy lol. he was like dammmmmmm i m ok.

• Like 1

• Leader

It seems that at the exact moment I flushed, the local sewage controller was going through a clean out process and the two lines got opened at the same time.

When the pressure was relieved off of the line at my toilet, all the waste chose that route to evacuate through.  Yee haw!!!

Timing is Everything!

At least you got your "business" done and it did not happen to your Wife!

Wow, sounds eventful, kinda glad we didn't join you, god knows what would have happened.

• 4 weeks later...