As you guys may already know... I'm building my first PC (need feedback)

FireWienie

Alright so a user on Reddit recommended that I switch to a Ryzen 5 1600, since the i5 has 4c/4t, while the Ryzen 1600 is priced very similarly with 6c/12t with a similar single core. Also the i5 is in a 2011 socket while the AM4 platform is brand new.

Can anyone confirm that this will be a better choice? 

If so, I will be pairing it with this motherboard: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16813144048

• Like 1

Here's the build I Came up with for me on partspicker. Nice site, btw

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rR24WX

Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately that build is based of US currency, so if I convert it to CAD it would be about 1800 bucks, which is way above my budget. But thanks again for the idea, might use it for a friend.

Also to everyone, I've finalized my based off recommendation from you guys and Reddit, and have built this:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/HYcPqk

What I changed:

If there are any problems, please tell me!

Again, thanks a lot to everyone who's contributed to this thread

Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately that build is based of US currency, so if I convert it to CAD it would be about 1800 bucks, which is way above my budget. But thanks again for the idea, might use it for a friend.

Also to everyone, I've finalized my based off recommendation from you guys and Reddit, and have built this:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/HYcPqk

What I changed:

If there are any problems, please tell me!

Again, thanks a lot to everyone who's contributed to this thread

didnt i told u to try ryzen, its new and great. and love the new one with corsair ram. i was like wth is he doing with those old ass ram, when i saw u previous build. but love the corsair rams,cpu and dam that gpu ( its epic) . good setup mate.

• Like 2

Should i tell a thing going on in the market right now. As of now since the last month the current gpu prices are higher than normal, so consider that before making the decision final, and the prices may possibly drop lower than normal in mid 2018, so choose wisely

Should i tell a thing going on in the market right now. As of now since the last month the current gpu prices are higher than normal, so consider that before making the decision final, and the prices may possibly drop lower than normal in mid 2018, so choose wisely

mid 2018 . wtf so i have to wait for 1yr . nah man 

• Like 1

didnt i told u to try ryzen, its new and great. and love the new one with corsair ram. i was like wth is he doing with those old ass ram, when i saw u previous build. but love the corsair rams,cpu and dam that gpu ( its epic) . good setup mate.

Yeah I really didn't put too much research into what CPU to use, so I should give some credit to you. I'm very excited to see how it all ends up, hopefully I won't go through too many problems. I didn't think the RAM I chose was old until I realized how little the Hz was compared to what I've chosen right now. Most of the stuff on that list were taken from a video created by a youtuber who built a $650 USD computer that was able to run AAA titles at ultra 1080p, so I just took what he listed and changed it based off what I thought looked good.

Yeah I am aware of that, luckily my GPU that I've chosen was lucky enough to not go up too much (I think the original lowest price was $360 CAD, now it's $376.99), so I'm going to buy it as soon as possible before it goes up even MORE.

Amazon prime day deals are going on atm. Maybe check if you can get a good deal

I went through some prime day deals but could not find anything that would of use to me, just prebuilt computers by ibuypower and such. I'll go through the deals again in case I find anything, but again I'm ordering my parts this Sunday (since my pay cheque is this Saturday) so I won't be able to utilize any of the deals right now.

• Like 2

So u are going for 2x4gb RAM? I would suggest to think about motherboard with 4 slots for RAM so u can freely upgrade ur computer if future games will be too demanding on RAM o_o

• Like 3

So u are going for 2x4gb RAM? I would suggest to think about motherboard with 4 slots for RAM so u can freely upgrade ur computer if future games will be too demanding on RAM o_o

thats what i said. getting 1 8gb is better cause u shall have 1 slot for future upgrade.

thats what i said. getting 1 8gb is better cause u shall have 1 slot for future upgrade.

That's actually a very good point..

I just suggested other way to get able to upgrade your computer's RAM at little less cost :)  (just adding 2x4, not buying 2x8 to replace old 2x4)

Well, i didn't readed topic properly and didn't saw topic starter already chosed MB with 4 RAM slots   :unsure:

That's actually a very good point..

I just suggested other way to get able to upgrade your computer's RAM at little less cost :)  (just adding 2x4, not buying 2x8 to replace old 2x4)

Well, i didn't readed topic properly and didn't saw topic starter already chosed MB with 4 RAM slots   :unsure:

My budget at the moment does not allow me to get more than 8gb RAM, and really 16gb would be all I need. Judging from how many RAM slots there are on the board itself, I can put up to 4x4 sticks, which would be fine by me. When I get my next check I'll just buy more RAM, but for now this is all I can muster. There may be deals for 16gb RAM sticks but 8 gigs should be fine enough for now until I feel I really need it.

• Like 1

I think You making a mistake about SSD.

They are up to 5 times faster than regular Hard Drives.

Not just booting and moving stuff...Running games too.

My first computer had a Maxtor hard drive(non-SSD).

It moved a CD in 10 seconds, Instead of one Minute.

I could setup Win98SE in 6 Minutes!

I'd advise a small SSD(40-50 Gig) for OS, TB regular hard drive for storage.

And, 450 Watt power supply is too small...I had one.

The video card is 120 Watts alone.  They produce a good amount of heat.

I think You making a mistake about SSD.

They are up to 5 times faster than regular Hard Drives.

Not just booting and moving stuff...Running games too.

My first computer had a Maxtor hard drive(non-SSD).

It moved a CD in 10 seconds, Instead of one Minute.

I could setup Win98SE in 6 Minutes!

I'd advise a small SSD(40-50 Gig) for OS, TB regular hard drive for storage.

And, 450 Watt power supply is too small...I had one.

The video card is 120 Watts alone.  They produce a good amount of heat.

I understand the capabilities of an SSD, but again it isn't a priority for me at the moment. If I have enough money left to buy one after going to Canada Computers I'll probably invest in one instead of another 4x2 RAM pack. For the power supply I was able to upgrade it to 500W for free (found another PSU that was bronze certified like the old one, but same price).