Trouble Logging into Hardcore

NaderSHAH

Hi team, 

I have been some issues lately with trying to login to the Hardcore server. Allow me to explain: 

I have been trying the last 2 days to login to Hardcore, but it would appear as if "loading" screen would freeze.... I was unable to exit, press Esc, or do anything to go  back to the main menu (forcing me to press ctrl + alt + delete). 

After a while, I tried signing in to some other servers to see if the issue was on my end, and i was able to successfully visit sever other servers with no issues. 

Afterwards, I re-tried to login to Hardcore, and I got this message: 

"Couldn't load an official pak file; verify your installation and make sure it has been updated to the latest version." 

Am i missing something? Please help because I have never had this issue before..... 

• Like 2

Looks like you're either missing a pk3 file, or (more than likely) one got corrupted. What you're gonna want to do is run our PK3 cleaner.
Download it from here: https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/ and run it.

There's a helpful video tutorial on the download page if you need any help using it. All of the maps on the server, and the latest version of SilEnT Mod we're running on our server will auto-download when they come up in the rotation, but you should be able to connect to HC again.

Let us know if this fixes your issue or if the error comes up again. :)

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 3

I did everything you suggested and it still did not work...... I am not sure why this is an issue because it was never a problem before.... 

Can you check your config to see if these to values are set to "1"?
set cl_wwwDownload 1
set cl_allowDownload 1

if they are, post a topic in the tracker under gaming servers-Silent. This would probably indicate that there's a configuration problem with the new version of SilEnT mod we're using- 0.9.0

• Like 1

Just delete everything in silent folder except for silent.dat then try again, ensuring the above configuration values posted by Xernicus are set.

• Like 1

Yesterday I did start getting odd delays during game play... I tested to go in nq3 and there was no brobs. Then trying to join back to HC and freezed on connection screen. I did reboot pc seeing if there was someting process probs. After reboot It connected but it freezed shoving "connection interrupted" (but I saw at there was 10-12players playing with normal pings). Joined nq1 played a bit and tested other servers jay and silent. Then joined to HC and no problems at all, also that earlier delay was gone. Some players still sayed at they got disconnected after map ends?

• Like 2

Yesterday I did start getting odd delays during game play... I tested to go in nq3 and there was no brobs. Then trying to join back to HC and freezed on connection screen. I did reboot pc seeing if there was someting process probs. After reboot It connected but it freezed shoving "connection interrupted" (but I saw at there was 10-12players playing with normal pings). Joined nq1 played a bit and tested other servers jay and silent. Then joined to HC and no problems at all, also that earlier delay was gone. Some players still sayed at they got disconnected after map ends?

I have had some similar problems on HC in the last couple of days. Although in my case the initial connection and game play are normal, but it started to freeze when the next map finished loading. I haven't had this particular problem in the past. 

Seems to be alright today though....

This is EXACTLY the problem i'm having Masa.... It would freeze on connection screen saying "Awaiting Gamestate", however nothing was loading. Even when I would click Esc button, nothing happened..... 

Is the problem on my end? Please help someone :( 

I'm having similar problems connecting to Hardcore just like Nadar, Masa, and Renegade.  If I can't fix my Hardcore connection, I 'll be confined to just being "the self - proclaimed prince of Silent#1" and an adrenalin super powered (FORCE) on Fun#1 :P but no more Hardcore (FORCE).  :(

• Like 2

Just delete everything in silent folder except for silent.dat then try again, ensuring the above configuration values posted by Xernicus are set.

Can you check your config to see if these to values are set to "1"?

set cl_wwwDownload 1

set cl_allowDownload 1

if they are, post a topic in the tracker under gaming servers-Silent. This would probably indicate that there's a configuration problem with the new version of SilEnT mod we're using- 0.9.0

I'm willing to delete them, but I have no idea how to ensure the configuration values mentioned by Xernicus are set to 1..... I'm not very technical so I have no idea what to do team :( 

• Like 1

That's no problem. :) To start, checking this boils down to whether or not you use a custom config file. I'm going to assume you don't, but it's really easy to check a custom config too.

-Start by going to your ET directory "(C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" OR "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory").
-Open the silent folder, open the profiles folder, and open the folder with your player name

-Copy the file "etconfig.cfg" to your desktop, this will make editing the file easier.

-Right click the file and choose "Open With" on the context menu. If you don't have a text editor like Notepad++, use WordPad.

post-9897-0-50265300-1497918912_thumb.jpg

-Press Ctrl+F to open the "find" box, type in "www", and click "Find Next". It will highlight the line it finds with the string "www".

-If it finds no matches, add those two strings either at the bottom of the config file, or where the other cl_ entries are.

-If it finds matches, change any 0's to 1's for those two cvars I provided earlier.

-Save the file, and copy it back from the desktop to your silent profile folder.

Repeat the above steps for your profile config located in your etmain folder just to be safe. :)

• Like 2

That's no problem. :) To start, checking this boils down to whether or not you use a custom config file. I'm going to assume you don't, but it's really easy to check a custom config too.

-Start by going to your ET directory "(C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" OR "C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory").

-Open the silent folder, open the profiles folder, and open the folder with your player name

-Copy the file "etconfig.cfg" to your desktop, this will make editing the file easier.

-Right click the file and choose "Open With" on the context menu. If you don't have a text editor like Notepad++, use WordPad.

attachicon.gifopen.jpg

-Press Ctrl+F to open the "find" box, type in "www", and click "Find Next". It will highlight the line it finds with the string "www".

-If it finds no matches, add those two strings either at the bottom of the config file, or where the other cl_ entries are.

-If it finds matches, change any 0's to 1's for those two cvars I provided earlier.

-Save the file, and copy it back from the desktop to your silent profile folder.

Repeat the above steps for your profile config located in your etmain folder just to be safe. :)

Xern, first of all, thank you so much for putting together such a detailed walkthrough to solve the problem. 

Unfortunately, it does not look like this changed anything. All the values that you instructed me to change to "1", were already at "1". There were a few other lines that we're at "0", but they were not the two CL_ commands you told me about. 

Honestly i have no idea what to do anymore.... What can this be caused? Should i re-install the game?

• Like 2

Hi everyone, 

I have another topic posted because I am unable to login to Hardcore Server. Anytime i try, I get this message: 

"Couldn't load an official pak file; verify your installation and make sure it has been updated to the latest version." 

Am i missing something? Please help because I have never had this issue before..... 

Should i delete/re-install ET? 

Do you have Admin rights box ticked in the properties of your game if not then make sure to have it done so.. Your game needs Admin rights in order to write files on your system drive.

- right-click on the icon of your executable (et.exe) or on its shortcut on desktop

- in the menu select "Properties"

- in the "Compatibility" tab, tick the box "Run this program as Admin"

- Apply, OK and you're done

Now test again.

• Like 1