Compatible Mods on Mac OSX

r3wind3r

Try swapping the mp_x86.dll files from the ET Main folder to the the mod folder most times it cause the download doesn't match your install.

cgame_mp_x86.dll

my_cgame_mp_x86.dll

ui_mp_x86.dll <--- most times it's this one obviously

at the folder User/Library/Caches/Temporary Items are some files created btw. :

cgame_mac.bundle

ui_mac.bundle

those are the bundles which the error log is pointing to. Isnt this causing the error? (tried to copy those into mod folders but didnt help..)

15.06.17 13:20:52    Wolfenstein ET[501]    Error loading /Users/x/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac:  dlopen(/Users/x/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac, 262): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/x/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac

Reason: image not found

15.06.17 13:20:53    com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[128]    ([0x0-0x57057].com.activision.rtcw_et[501]) Job appears to have crashed: Bus error

• 1 month later...

Don't worry if posts take a while, people are doing research to try and find a fix for the problem, and I think not many people use mac. Administrators are for sure willing to help and fix the problem so do not worry they will try and help you! ;)

Edited by Smileyyy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

News: when i start ET from terminal and try to join server with silent mod 0.9.0 i get the following error message:

/Users/x/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac:  dlopen(/Users/x/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac, 262): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/x/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac
  Reason: image not found
logout

So this is the important part to investigate i think. Any ideas how to solve that?

->remember: silent 0.8.2 is running so i guess 0.9.0 is just not compatible with Mac OSX 10.6.8. cause the needed library libc++.1.dylib isn't part of this OS.

Here is how to build that library: install Xcode and Macports and exec sudo port -v install libcxx in terminal but im scared of screwing my system. Is there an undo option? Any Mac experts here? :help

(infos taken from the web and here https://trac.macports.org/wiki/LibcxxOnOlderSystems

Question 2: Anybody able to play silent mod 0.9.0 on any Mac OS? does it work on ET Legacy ? (which OS do you use?)

for me ET Legacy on OSX El Capitan crashes when i'm shot which is a common error it seems and related to silent and jay mod developers. ( it's also only possible for me to even join a server by starting ET from terminal via show packet contents on the app->contents->MacOs->etl )

believe me the easiest way is, get an old laptop and play et there. no problems and all mods possible. 

whatever u will have as workaround, u will never have good fps nor be able to play etpro :(

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...