The History Of The Little Bastards

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
I guess I'm feeling melancholy tonight.

The REAL history of LB actually began with the sM Clan. And I guess I'll have to tell my history a bit to tie it all together.

In 2001, I discovered a game called Return To Castle Wolfenstein while browsing some torrent sites. I loved playing that game, but, I only played the single player mod. I never even considered playing it online.

In 2007, having lost that game, I wanted to play again, so back to the torrents to find it, and I accidentally d/l'd Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, installed it, realized it wasn't RTCW, and played it, totally clueless to any of it.

Pretty quickly, I found my way around and ended up spending a lot of time on the SexMAD Servers. That turned into me becoming a part of their community and eventually a member of the clan. It took a LONG time to get in. Months. Not like now a days when people apply for a clan and expect to be accepted that day. sM had some epic players that I really respected. MarkIV, the owner, Apple, Puma, Live, Pepsi, and a bunch of others I can't remember anymore. One of my best friends was Hagster, who really mentored me to the game and is still a good friend to this day.

As time went by, I worked my way up the ladder to Recruiter, then Co-Leader. In 2010, there was a coup and a few if us took over the server, banned Apple, and tried to restore order in what had become a real chaotic mess. I felt bad for Mark back then trying to deal with it all, but Apple HAD gotten out of control and needed to be dealt with.

Soon after that, Apple found his way back and began a reign of terror that pushed a lot of us out of the clan. It was sad. I assumed I would be sM for life!

l'ohmbre, later known as Tokapi, asked me about starting our own clan, which I knew nothing about. So we talked about it, and then just like that, he had the first Jaymod server up. I had no real ambition to lead a clan, so I told him I'd help get it going, but then I was probably going to bow out and go my own way. We recruited as many of the sM people that had left as we could, and, as time went on, we started drawing a lot of other players to the clan. Vanilla, Monsta, Leo, Vampire (who went onto spend a long time in DC clan), Shan (who plays on F|A servers still today), those were the first and became the core of the clan. Soon after Ryukk and Blandt joined. We worked hard to find the best map rotation, the best mods, anything we could to make the server more friendly. Then just when it started to get good, Tokapi quit ET.

The entire project was on me now. I brought in Rakon to help lead and advise. We went through a lot of changes that first year. Jaymod became No Quarter, which became N!tmod, then back to Jaymod. A 2nd server was added for ET Pro and that was when everything changed. The ET Pro server was busier than the Jaymod server. Then we made what I now consider a huge mistake, and changed names to .grim. It completely broke up the continuity of the clan.

Yet, ET Pro was thriving, while the fun mods were dying. Great players like Mths, Kura, Charlie, Headoff, and others came to the clan and plans to start a team to compete in esl were being made. It was all going so good. We were the most active ETPro Pub server at the time..... Then came the disaster.

YCN Hosting had our servers on a bad drive and the servers would crash, constantly. This went on for a month and I was screaming at them to do something about it, but it took that long, a month, before they admited that the drive was bad and moved us to a proper drive. But by then, it was too late. A month with no sever killed it. Most of the clan was gone. Nbs was born shortly before this and was starting to grow. We changed the name back to Little Bastards, and tried hard to revive the momentum we had, but it was over. 

In late Spring of 2011, Wooooo approached me about dropping LB and joining Nbs to help him lead it. Particularly the ET Pub servers. The remaining members of LB would be absorbed and the servers shut down for good. It was a hard offer to take, and a harder offer to pass up. I hated to do it; end the clan that I originally never wanted to run, but had eventually embraced as my baby.

Most of the rest just quit ET. Vanilla stayed pretty active in Nbs and I like to think I made a name for myself, good or bad, in Nbs over the years I was a leader there, but the thought of bringing LB back never left me. Never.

Well, sadly, ETPro all but died, ET itself would wind down to just us diehards and with no chance of starting new servers or resurrecting old clans, in a tribute to what was once a great clan and server, I'll play out the rest of my days in ET flying my old LB. tags, remembering what once was and imagining what could have been

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

• 2 years later...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah HELLO! Remember me? ^^ Went on a little nostalgiatrip and searched for LB and Nbs stuff and found this :D. The memories 🤗 Really miss you all. You're still playing ET? Haven't played it myself in ages... But have been thinking about starting again ^^

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, VanillA said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah HELLO! Remember me? ^^ Went on a little nostalgiatrip and searched for LB and Nbs stuff and found this :D. The memories 🤗 Really miss you all. You're still playing ET? Haven't played it myself in ages... But have been thinking about starting again ^^

Vanilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My old mate!!!!!!

Yeah, I never stopped playing, although it's all Jaymod these days. How have you been, man!!?????

• Like 1

• Leader
14 hours ago, VanillA said:

We get "returnees" all the time!  :D Some things have changed... 🎈

• Like 2

8 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Vanilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My old mate!!!!!!

Yeah, I never stopped playing, although it's all Jaymod these days. How have you been, man!!?????

Long time no see. I'm good I'm good 😄. I've been studying (still am) different things and playing a bunch of other games, lately Day of Infamy and that's why I started thinking about ET again ^^. I'm also slowly starting to feel like a grown up, being 24 now and all, I was so young back in LB and Nbs days 😅. How about you then, all good?

• Love 1

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, VanillA said:

Long time no see. I'm good I'm good 😄. I've been studying (still am) different things and playing a bunch of other games, lately Day of Infamy and that's why I started thinking about ET again ^^. I'm also slowly starting to feel like a grown up, being 24 now and all, I was so young back in LB and Nbs days 😅. How about you then, all good?

I’m getting old, older every day but will always be a gamer. I have day of infamy messages but I’m not really good at it and there are servers here if you want to play. Maybe I’ll start getting more involved with that.  Are you still on my Facebook?

I always wonder what happened to all of you guys, you, Leo, Monsta, Vastie, etc. After xfire died, I lost track of everybody

Edited by -=HipKat=-

46 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I’m getting old, older every day but will always be a gamer. I have day of infamy messages but I’m not really good at it and there are servers here if you want to play. Maybe I’ll start getting more involved with that.  Are you still on my Facebook?

I always wonder what happened to all of you guys, you, Leo, Monsta, Vastie, etc. After xfire died, I lost track of everybody

Okay nice nice. Day of Infamy is really fun, can't say I'm very good at it either tbh ^^, but next week when I have more time I'm going to install ET again! I do have your Facebook and I just sent you a friend request on Discord :).

No idea what happened to the other guys and I've been wondering too...

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, VanillA said:

Okay nice nice. Day of Infamy is really fun, can't say I'm very good at it either tbh ^^, but next week when I have more time I'm going to install ET again! I do have your Facebook and I just sent you a friend request on Discord :).

No idea what happened to the other guys and I've been wondering too...

Do yourself a favor and if you’re going to install it again, download it from the downloads section on this site. Everything is included and it’s all set up to work correctly out of the box and if you need CFG’s, well there are plenty of those in the CFT section

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Candycane said:

This story reminds me of the LZ clan a little bit 😧

Yeah, once upon a time I was a real person in this community LOL!

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 11:34 AM, Candycane said:

This story reminds me of the LZ clan a little bit 😧

I miss some people from the old LZ days. Co-leaders were chill but the main leader... ooof.

• 100 1

On 8/17/2019 at 12:49 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

Do yourself a favor and if you’re going to install it again, download it from the downloads section on this site. Everything is included and it’s all set up to work correctly out of the box and if you need CFG’s, well there are plenty of those in the CFT section

Downloaded it from here and it's working perfectly. Got my CFG from years ago which also still works! 👌

• 100 1

Out of curiosity:

Is the Apple, being discussed, the same one involved with making the map special delivery.

If memory serves?

I believe there are a few tj maps with the name "apple" on them, but I don't remember which

20 hours ago, CabaL said:

I miss some people from the old LZ days. Co-leaders were chill but the main leader... ooof.

Yea Hammer was great at first! But he got really demanding and creepy as time went on,

• Surprise 1

2 minutes ago, Candycane said:

Yea Hammer was great at first! But he got really demanding and creepy as time went on,

I never really liked him much tbh. Only played for the rest of the community that was there. I miss headthrashing to Dragonforce with my buddy VULMAC