Smultronstallet

The books that changed your life

If I were asked to choose the books that changed my life, this would be my selection:

Conversaciones-en-la-catedral.jpg

the_martian_chronicles__by_ray_bradbury_image_book.php?item_id=012741b6dcc057b09

With all this books I felt less alone, less misunderstood :]

What would be yours? :)

• Like 1

I don't know that I have had a book change my life, but the feeling less alone happened most with The Name of the Wind by: Patrick Rothfuss.  It was a book that caught my eye at a book store i had visited on a vacation with family....  I was supposed to meet for dinner, but I ended up sitting in the store for about 3 hours reading.  The main character was so well developed that he felt like a real person.  Someone who could be my friend.  Needless to say I purchased the book and have read it another 4 times since then waiting for that blasted author to finish the last book in the damn series....  SEVEN YEARS!!  SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!  But yeah, it's still my favorite book.

Edited by Armory6
  • Like 1

The NLT version of the Bible.

Extremely simple, on the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. A vastly intricate concept introduced to me for the first time as a young adolescent, it caused a roller-coaster of questions about the scientific process. Sprouting an insatiable curiosity, it eventually led me to focus mainly on reading and expanding my knowledge about the past few centuries' findings, and how they've changed our world, ourselves, not to mention our outlook on the two. I daresay it's what begun my passion for science as a whole. Enjoy your books, everybody!

• Like 1

A very strong influence as a young teen was Bradbury's "I sing the body electric". Same for "America" by Jean Baudrillard in my 20's.

. hmm, will do this tomorrow again :0

Edited by Helsen