The books that changed your life

Smultronstallet

If I were asked to choose the books that changed my life, this would be my selection:

Conversaciones-en-la-catedral.jpg

the_martian_chronicles__by_ray_bradbury_image_book.php?item_id=012741b6dcc057b09

With all this books I felt less alone, less misunderstood :]

What would be yours? :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know that I have had a book change my life, but the feeling less alone happened most with The Name of the Wind by: Patrick Rothfuss.  It was a book that caught my eye at a book store i had visited on a vacation with family....  I was supposed to meet for dinner, but I ended up sitting in the store for about 3 hours reading.  The main character was so well developed that he felt like a real person.  Someone who could be my friend.  Needless to say I purchased the book and have read it another 4 times since then waiting for that blasted author to finish the last book in the damn series....  SEVEN YEARS!!  SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!  But yeah, it's still my favorite book.

Edited by Armory6
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Extremely simple, on the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. A vastly intricate concept introduced to me for the first time as a young adolescent, it caused a roller-coaster of questions about the scientific process. Sprouting an insatiable curiosity, it eventually led me to focus mainly on reading and expanding my knowledge about the past few centuries' findings, and how they've changed our world, ourselves, not to mention our outlook on the two. I daresay it's what begun my passion for science as a whole. Enjoy your books, everybody!

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 2 months later...

5ae029f3241a8_thehobbitbookcover.jpg.b31e5d366ef8c4aaff1d2997f97ec8f8.jpgI gotta go with the Hobbit

It's subtle humor and ease of the story flowing together here has been an example for what a story should have for completeness and entertainment value

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Books that I still remember very clearly are these:

To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)

The curious incident with the dog in the night-time (Mark Haddon)

Angel Maker (Stefan Brijs) though this is pretty difficult material to get through lol

My next read(s) are:

-Sherlock Holmes (all volumes)

-The Blind Watchmaker

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 2:44 PM, Smultronstallet said:

If I were asked to choose the books that changed my life, this would be my selection:

Conversaciones-en-la-catedral.jpg

the_martian_chronicles__by_ray_bradbury_image_book.php?item_id=012741b6dcc057b09

With all this books I felt less alone, less misunderstood :]

What would be yours? :)

I expected you to mention the red book or thus spoke zarathustra

Edited by 0aporte
  • Like 1

• Leader

Perhaps I should list the works that I had hoped would change my life! :D

I have read all of the Science Fiction mentioned above.

• Love 1

A recent book I read and really enjoyed was Factfulness (Why things are better than you think) by Hans Rosling

Easy read and empowering. Learned about this guy in college. He passed away last year. Swedish. Very "optimistic" or what he likes to call it, "possibilist". Check out his TED talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen?language=en

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1