How to make your own ET server at home - Enemy Territory

PHANTASM

A lot of players like to make a server on their own computer so they can scout out maps, kill some omnibots, test their own codes, etc etc.

Here is the shortest way to create a home server for you to play on:

Open ET as normal.

From the main menu, select "HOST GAME". This screen should show up:

23joob7.jpg

Go to the "Game Type" section at the top left of this screen and select either "Campaign" or "Single-Map Objective". Campaign lets you play several maps, and single-map lets you choose which map you want to play on from every map in your etmain folder. So if you played a new map and got owned you can use this to open it on your own server and study the map. This is a great way to find camping spots and practice getting the objective on a new map without any combat. I did this on Minas and it helped a lot.

Then select "START SERVER". You will now be playing on your very own ET server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011-01-13

How to Make a Jaymod Server:

Download the Jaymod folder (jaymod-2.1.7.tar.tar) at http://jaymod.clanfu.org/download.php (use the Zen Enterprises link, the others are dead or just take you to some crappy ad-infested site).

Unzip it with winrar or your preferred extractor.

You should now have a folder called jaymod-2.1.7

Put this into your Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory folder right next to the etmain folder.

Now start ET, go to MODS on the Main Menu, and select jaymod-2.1.7.

Click "LOAD MOD". You will go back to the Main Menu. It will look like nothing happened.

Now go to "HOST GAME". Start a server as normal (see the top of this tutorial). It will be a Jaymod server. You can tell by hitting Escape and it should say "JAYMOD" in bright gay colors in the Options Menu.

If you want to make changes, go to the file called "jaymod.cfg" in the "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/jaymod-2.1.7" folder. Open it with Notepad (right click on it and select Notepad from the available programs). You will see a confusing file full of settings.

You can read through it and change the various values of all the settings and see what each one does. Before you screw it up, you might want to make a backup copy of the original unmodified jaymod.cfg file somewhere.

When you start the server again, use /exec jaymod.cfg to apply the changes you made. You may have to do this twice for some settings to work.

There you have it. Enjoy your server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Fearless Staff
  • Like 4
  • 100 1

This is what i get when i wana start server

serwerb.jpg

Wut wut? Even I got it to work and im ET noob :P

Make sure u had it on this option "Single-Map Objective" that works for me :P haven't tried the other one

How do you find ALL the maps in my ETMain folder? It only show's like 20 of them..And of course, not the one I wanna play..

Got it to work..

Edited by Krayzie

How do you find ALL the maps in my ETMain folder? It only show's like 20 of them..And of course, not the one I wanna play..

Got it to work..

Did you find any solution or you just deleted/moved some maps from the etmain folder?

@Baska this is the only thing that shows up that is relevant on Google. But it isnt all that relevant :/

Dziekuje Karol :D it works ... cuz by my mistake i deleted that file cuz it was thinking that was another usefull map :P

Just deleted a bunch of trickjump map's and it finally showed up for me.

Thought so, looks like I'll have to do major cleanup of my ET folder soon.

Thought so, looks like I'll have to do major cleanup of my ET folder soon.

I only deleted about 5 files, but it cleared up about 20 maps, becaue they where packs. YOu shouldnt have to delete them ALL.

• Administrators

FYI

1. More map in Etmain folder = Very high loading time and more lags.

2. Game only detects few map when your try to follow Phantasm tutorial.

Also, Phantasm will soon release 2nd part of tutorial. :)