STG 44

NaderSHAH

Hi everyone, 

I was curious to see if it was possible to add the STG 44 to the HC server? 

I have played on other servers (primarily NQ) where the Soldier class can use the STG 44, and other characters (medic, engineer, FOPS) can pick it up as a playable gun. 

Is that something we can add to the HC server? 

There are some reasons why this probably won't happen.

The main reason is that HC is a Silent server and the StG44 is a NQ weapon that doesnt exist in Silent. (If I am wrong just correct me)

Another reason would be that you want other classes to be able to pick up the weapon which is possible in NQ. If I am not mistaken the NQ server settings allow any class to pick up any weapon as long as weaponlimits arent ignored. So a medic could pick up a Panzer or Flamer if they arent already selected by someone else. So you would have to allow that on HC server aswell or else you wouldnt be able to pick up a soldierweapon as a medic/enge/covie. There is currently a discussion/poll about covies picking up MP40/Thomp on HC and the majority dont want that to happen (not linking it cause I am kinda lazy right now)

There are other points that you can read in the discussion/poll why people dont really want HC settings to change.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

aye you can play heavies with stg44 on NQ - the sound and recoil is bit annoying. on the other hand never understood why allies don't have browning cal. go figure.