Can some one please help me, I'm making a map :D

laggermcjagger

i would like to say out of everything i read in gaming forums this is by far the best one i seen in yrs ..great convoy an great et passion thank u  too u both for playing et .. i loves it. sorry i  posted but ...I love et passion.

• Like 1

That actually means alot to me. I'm going through a very difficult time in life. I'm 29, nearing 30. I'm single, and can't find work. Today is a really hard day for me. If it weren't for DD, I'd feel even more alone and lost, without any way to breath, take a break from this. I'm so burnt out, the economy is so hard on entry level graduates. I would put in 50 applications a day.

I'm struggling. I've always loved Enemy Territory, it's always been great fun. I never had to be the best, I just love the feeling of team work. I just love the feeling of being able to move a tank, get to an obj against all odds. There's nothing like it in gaming. There's no other game like that, where your team is getting destroyed , ripped apart...but that one hero,  or maybe two guys with alot of muster, who may not even be among the best of the worst, can step forth with a pair of pliers, run through 10 guys and arty  raining down like hell fire, and some how make a difference. Then there's the cheering, YAHOOO, ALRIGHT! The Enemy is Weakened! There's just so much excitement, soul in the game. Everyone is  pumped, the clock is ticking, and you're running out of time, and then one of your guys runs in for the gold in a room full of Nazis and some how he comes out with the obj!  I've seen, so many times, maps ending with literally a second to spare. There's just nothing else like it. No other game can give me sweaty palms, get my heart racing with excitement, no other game can fuel me like that. Some people might not understand, but I rather be an engineer and die 40 times and do the obj, than get 40 kills and never see the obj finished.  

That's why I love it, its a game of heart. Some times, you just can't do it, you're at impossible odds and it just won't happen. I'll always play as medic or engineer, I'd have it no other way. To me, those are the most fun gaming occupations in the world. 

Some how, it's always been a part of who I wanted to be, hard working, never giving up until the very end. 

If only life were just a game, if only life were as simple. I tried hard to get where I'm at, and I'm at my wits end.

I never had a problem being the only engineer on any map, I never minded. Of course when I failed my team I felt disappointed, especially if I blew myself up or something goofy. I've always felt sort at home when I play ET, like I had gone to another world, and found home. It's not always an easy game. You'll find yourself going after objs that don't even seem possible, obtainable. But I think that's why I've always loved it. 

Of course there's more to life than ET, and I've played it on and off. It is just  a game of course, but as far as games go for me, it's the definitive online multiplayer gaming experience. Nothing else comes close. I want to finish my project, and I hope that I do. 

Life is hard. It's not a battle I've lost, but I'm not sure I can win. If I could go through life with a pair of pliers, I'd be happy. 

Edited by laggermcjagger

You can try to learn how to drop ship on eBay

The first and most important step to any Business is the Name you represent.

Make a PayPal Business account get a Visa Debit Card you will need the card numbers to purchase things online. Preferably make the email name to represent the business name you are deciding to work with I use gmail account money is transferred from ebay to paypal through either CC or PayPal which is the email address as payment method in the listings.

I mean if your going to sell shoes call it a shoe something store or related terms. Electronics have the highest return rate so sell something unrelated like outdoor stuff or house hold items.

It is no easy feat to learn it is a very slow process to start with you will want to give up it is worst then joining the Army it is a Hurry up and wait scenario but they will give you time to learn how to do it cause they sure will not let you list many to start with 10 I think is the most they let you start off with. But once you start selling once a month they will keep doubling the amount your able to list the number of listings each month may or may not change depending on the Account type free access is limited to I think 300 max if you purchase a store the basic listings will be free but you will be able to hold more quantity and the more you pay etc to eBay the more they let you list so you can see at first why they restrict the account. In reality they do it to get to know who you are and are you a trustworthy seller.

I have probably rewrote this a few times to try to explain in best terms and the easiest on how to but there is no short description for it because it is work and work has many many ways of different ways to do things. 

So you want a game of money this is called Marketing.

I've worked with several friends doing this local and international it takes time that is all. The more time you spend in it the more you make is the best way to say it. If you give up if you surrender to the idea you wont make any money then that is what you will get but if you give in take in what is in front of you and stop thinking you wont make any you will cry when you do and you will realize you went to school to learn how to do things in life when in Theory the idea's in schools these days are to show you how to function in a Government run environment but if you take your brain out of that environment and go after what you want the most you will find it. Cause they sure don't teach this in HighSchool they don't even suggest how to make money online they give you options with your life what you want to be here's your choices but what they don't tell you through k-5 to 12th grade is that money doesn't grow on tree's meaning your not going to find it onfoot.

Not dissing any College Grads or their goals by no means there is money in the fields out there if your a people person which I am not don't like to socialize or gather cause I'm a 40yr old hermit lol

• Like 1

I'll keep working on it. Well, DD... it's depressing to have  acollege degree and still be stuck at home with your parents. The only good thing about my life is all the free time I have to work out. I'm too damned depressed right now to get alot of work done on the map. I was in therapy because of my depression but I can't afford it now. Mapping helps, but I feel so stressed and pressured to be more than I am and change my life. I feel shitty...

I'm doing freelance in my field. :D

Also, I have a job 10 an hour, 8 hour days Mon-Sat.

It's money, if I didn't live on my own, I might even be able to live on that. But I'm a single guy. I'm not sure how much the hire in pay will be though. I'm hoping it's a raise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been breaking records where I work. I'm a temp and already ready for the hall of fame. I'm often full of surprises like that. Lately I haven't had much time to work on the map between strengthening my core and work and an internship. I injured my spine years ago, had to go through therapy just to walk again.

I want to resume work on the mapping project. I have a long week end. Just so everyone knows if you have an interest in this map shoot me a message here or in the thread even, it would mean alot to me. I want to share something with other people. I have an interest of my own to do this mapping project but I'm not as involved with it at the moment. I have other things going on, like building my core, biceps haha and legs. To do manual labor I have to be in shape so alot of my time consists of working out.

I make barely enough income to survive. But I should have some free time to map. If any one is interested or even wants to help I'd like to hear it. The mapping hasn't stopped altogether but I've been going through changes lately. 

Because of the amount of time mapping takes up and because ET is just about gameplay, I may care a little less about accuracy right now. I might just make a TOD map, without worrying if things look accurate or not. "Close enough" will probably become my mentality. 

Edited by laggermcjagger