Can some one please help me, I'm making a map :D

laggermcjagger

Just worried about online gaming, ok thank you. So I have a moving pillar, but now I need to make it so that other objs can be moved with the pillar that are separate. I think my prefab has multiple models that are triggered to move at the same time. I think I have to look at that. Sort of a pain to do this because I have to move multiple objects at the same time. 

Entity on radiant grid side mostly for tanks but you can give the smoke a key angle

classname target_smoke

-------- KEYS --------
"delay" this is the maximum smoke that will show up, default 100ms // ignore this key
"time" time before the smoke disipates, default 5000ms    <--- play with this lower it to see less
"duration" time before the smoke starts to alpha, default 2000ms  <--- 2 second duration
"start_size" default 24  // this is where it starts how big
"end_size" default 96   // this is where ends how big
"wait" the rate at which it will travel up, default 50 // this is like how fast thats all can't really slow or speed it up
"shader" custom shader to use, overrides spawnflags  // very useful
-------- SPAWNFLAGS --------
BLACK black smoke
WHITE white/grey smoke
SMOKEON starts on
GRAVITY is affected by gravity
-------- NOTES --------
A particle emmiter

You could make a animated tga file sequence like Bananaman make your own using various shader command like rotate wave direction 
  • Like 1

The most frustrating thing about mapping is when things randomly break for no reason...

SP_worldspawn: The first entity isn't 'worldspawn'

I made no real changes...I undid the changes that were made and it doesn't work...what gives?

Edited by laggermcjagger

Wow, then it blanked the file. I open it and there's nothing there... so I reloaded an earlier file. I tried adding a trigger hurt brush, and the whole world destroyed and no matter if I deleted the brush, and tried to load the map it wouldn't work...and then later the file was just gone all together, blank when opened even though it seemed to load all the brushes and textures, models upon loading, nothing was visible in radiant...

All I wanted to do was add a hurt trigger brush but it broke everything...and so I won't try it again for a while. 

This of course isn't finished and the textures need reworked. This is a model I was working on with the bust, needs retextured (previous attempt) the head is from a prefab, but has been retextured. I can't remember exactly where I found it. Most ET prefabs date back to like 2002 if you can find them. :D  It's fun to find older files. If any one wants a little nostalgia I can share. I don't remember exactly where those files were but if you search for quake live and other radiant files like Elite Force II you can find compatible prefabs with a little tweaking...the legs are from a Tomb Raider One model, which I doubt any one will realize but it's sort of a fun idea. 

The statue itself will be a combination of all the statues in the room, as they are all different and I just want to be as truthful as possible without going through the trouble of making 4 distinct statues. 

post-20995-0-86735400-1497108049_thumb.jpg

Edited by laggermcjagger

If you run into this again SP_worldspawn: The first entity isn't 'worldspawn'

Open the .map file your working on in a text editor and hopefully you have a back up

On the top the first line Entity 0 it is the key's for it. Like goldrush has this. Your map has to have it just copy one from a back up and past it in the text editor and save it.

// entity 0

{
"_mingridlight" "48"
"_minvertexlight" "20"
"mapcoordsmins" "-4224 4352"
"mapcoordsmaxs" "3712 -3584"
"_color" "0.95 0.95 1.0"
"classname" "worldspawn"
"_minlight" "15"
"_blocksize" "1024 1024 1024"
"gridsize" "128 128 128"
// brush 0
{

This entity needs to be moved into the world spawn if it is still present when you open it in radiant now right click on the grid and // move into WorldSpawn

If not mistaken it should be there after you fix the worldspawn key and start it.

Do note the world spawn is the whole .map file so the first { will be on the top and the last } for the world script will be on the bottom of the file the next in line //brush 0 starts it's own script. { worldspawn { brush's etc etc etc } }

Edited by DoubleDragon
  • Like 1

I'm finding my own thread now when I go to search for help in mapping. So I know this has gotten a lot of views. People probably think it's busting with activity but then open it and see that it's just me making 10 posts in a roll :D At any rate, this thread is terrific and sure to help future mappers. Thanks again Double Dragon. 

• Like 1