Can some one please help me, I'm making a map :D

laggermcjagger

Get your rest. You must be tired. I understand. Now I'm beginning to see what it

s going to be like to move it. I had no idea it was going to be so hard to do that. I'll try. Thank you. I understand. 
Everything is going fairly well. 

I'll keep trying to get work done on it. Thank you. 

Edited by laggermcjagger
  • Like 1

Making a mirror was easy. Found a great tutorial, the only thing is that the mirror doesn't reflect game objects. But, I suppose that's ok. Mirrors are actually pretty easy. 
This is fun, some times challenging and frustrating but over all pretty fun. 

I think I'm going to take time off from this for the rest of the week end. I'm feeling unhealthy and like I need a break. This is incomplete, the file version will have arms dangling from  the bottom functioning as a skirt too. So on and so forth, also the kali holds a sword and a severed head, both of which I haven't gotten around to yet. Also, it might be too tall in the map at the moment. 

post-20995-0-04551800-1495987189_thumb.jpg

Edited by laggermcjagger

Going stir crazy... cracking up. Hope I get a job soon. I did more work on it, getting a head ache from looking at the computer for too long too often. Going to go see Alien Covenant with my step father. So, for the kali, at the bottom needs to be a large skull head with the obj stones in it's eyes, right now is a generic Shiva statue, just for placement for me to eye things up. In addition there are two other arms that come out of the front, and hold up chains to a lift. But, I'm not there yet. 

post-20995-0-26310300-1495997686_thumb.jpg

Edited by laggermcjagger

If you get to a point where you want to experiment cause your unsure how to do something decompile a bsp of a map you interested in looking at.

Don't have time to make a video so I moved some files that are almost out of links also to make a new one to keep it rotating.

You will find in this folder https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8gNLkPANLuxaFlFcVBfT09IOUU

A how to file and 2 versions of q3map2 one is 32bit 500mb the other is 64bit 2gb the thing is 32 uses small amount of Ram and 64bit uses a lot more just cause of the bit size this works both ways decomompile and compile the help file explains how to change bsp back to .map

to compile map to .bsp a faster way to do this is use a .bat file or keep it simple with radiant but the batch file will close the radiant and use the Ram it was writing if this helps any.

Also to explain how to convert a map file to ase still trying to remember how to do md3 to ase it's simple and most times its the simple stuff that's the hardest. It will hit me when Im not looking for it .

http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Compiling_Maps

There is more ways these are just a few I don't have to look for.

• Like 1

Thank you, I was trying to look at the scripts of other maps. It can be very helpful.  Thank you DD. I appreciate it.  Lots of scripting left, lots of mapping left.  But it's still moving. 
Taking time to map at the moment, will come back to the meat and bones later. 

I want to make two simultaneous objs when you get to this part, for both axis and or allies. Is that possible. For axis, sacrifice 4 allies to kalimar, for allies, steal and secure all 3 stones from kalimar to the mine carts to ride them out of the map. 

The objs is right near the sacrifical chamber, so if allies get caught in the chamber they get sacrificed to kalimar. But they have to be lowered down by axis and allies can stop them from lowering them down. A lot of scripting I'm not looking towards but I might go that route. Hard to find balance. Not sure I got my numbers right but there are 3 stones in the film. 

It would be too hard to ride out with each stone individually so , it will be all 3 stones then the mine carts are activated.  Maybe all 3 stones can be taken at once, it might be too hard to take 3 stones individually to the mines. 3 objs is alot...

Edited by laggermcjagger

It maybe possible to script 3 different objectives to be picked up at one time has it been done I really don't know. Will take a lot of explaining of the script to understand how to place the entities this would be something like gold rush with the gold and the truck I'd advise you to look into the default map to get a idea how to place them. Radiant should come with both the .map and the .script in the maps folder. You would have to rewrite the script for each objective to separate drops with each individual models. Can use the same models just rename the targetname and target of each. Trying to make it sound simpler then it actually is. Kinda why I sad make short cuts and prefabs by the time you get to the finished product it would take forever to do a old style compile to get everything to work correctly. In all your going to be working on this for a while it's best to build up to the last part of modeling and scripting of entities those will drastically slow down the building process if your jumping ahead.

• Like 1

Well, I don't really know what I'm doing. Would of been easier just to make a JK map for Academy but I set out to map for ET. I could still transfer it all over, but it's not really what the project was about to begin and I'd have to change forums, and what not. I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I was going to map the room with the kalima statue. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot, I just don't know what I'm doing. So far, I have the bedroom mostly finished, still no movable statue. Tried to look at the prefab generator script mover, didn't really figure it out yet. I mapped a tiny bit of tunnels, and now I've modeled Kali ma and started mapping the kali ma room. Next on my list was to try to put in a CP. They have prefabs online, and you can download CPS... but, I haven't tried it yet. 

I'm sort of just going through the motions, I don't really understand the compiling process or anything about scripting. I'm just sort of messing around with this. I wish I had more experience, know how... as I realize how much a project like this requires and it's really alot for a first mapping project.   

Then you may want to think about making a objective or CTF map with few goals. That would mean less entities and less scripting until you get use to it. Origin burshes and trigger entities will baffle even me sometimes and I've been doing it a while. Single Objective maps are more favorable then Campaign or LMS maps being that's whats most of them really are. Switching to JK doesn't really change the method of learning or the scripting. Do like I did starting out I learned how to break stuff before I fixed it as always there is a way to fix things it's all man made.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, do you feel that my original map idea is too much? I've been having ideas of simpler maps, it's just hard to let go, abandon something I've already started.  I don't have to keep adding onto it like I am. I'm just getting inspired. I can keep to what I had originally planned. 

Edited by laggermcjagger