How Smoke broke his foot...

Ol Smoke

I was 13 years old and jumped out of a pickup, to go open a gate.  When I landed, I felt a really painful twinge in my right foot.  It hurt for a few weeks but went away.

When I turned about 50 years old, it came back.  I went to a doctor and he said to wear these insoles and it would keep the bone from sliding off the Tarsal bone.

**A little medical help here.  You have 3 sets of bones in your foot. Tarsal, metatarsal and phalanges. The Tarsals are the big bones by your ankle. The metatarsals

are the long bones that form your foot.  Phalanges are toes.

So what I did was to separate the 5th Metatarsal (the outside bone) from a Tarsal bone.  It never really healed but I could control when it slipped off the Tarsal.

Many years ago I was told to get it pinned.  Never did.

So, last Thursday I was mowing the yard, and stepped into a depression and twisted my foot outward.  This caused the Metatarsal to slide off of the Tarsal bone.

But, it also took a piece of the Tarsal bone off. So now there isnt that bone to keep the metatarsal from moving.

So I am wearing a special insert in my shoe to hold it together until I make an appt to see the doctor.

The good thing about all this, is my wife ordered me a new self-propelled walk behind mower.  (Which she told me to buy 2 years ago, before I hurt myself).

2zg7vko.jpg

• Like 4