Ideas to improve =F|A= Insurgency servers?

Krusnik87

Not sure on which server this may fit for fun, but it's a great mod man, unfortunately only 5 can play at a time. But its a great idea, here's the link to it, and its been featured on NWI livestreams with the author too, its too fun to be true.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635348562&searchtext=army+of+five

Interresting indeed. Though it shall not be used (imo) on any of our current servers, having another one running this mod could be interresting.

I'll take a look and see if we can even modify this to let more than 5 players join. (This will depend also regarding the goal of this mod itself, never played on it before nor checked yet any feedback regarding such mod.)

Edit: I've just looked into it a bit, should be possible to use it for more players. Though, it will require a lot of editing. Same for some maps too (and not all maps are compatible with this mod ...). I shall give it a try next week and see how it looks like.

Edited by Krusnik87
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Dumb idea, but is there a way to check how many times in a row a certain map has been played? Now that there are a bunch of new members, we can play Buhriz or Sinjar maybe 3 times in a row and none of the new players really know what they are voting for. Maybe after 2 in a row, disable the ability to play that map for maybe 3 games. This also gives new players the ability to explore other maps. Thoughts?

• 4 months later...

Saw the Armory mod to the server.  I like the variety of that one, although that very same thing can be overwhelming with the amount of choice, so it takes me a longgg time to figure out what I want to load out.  Heh.  Just a comment, I guess, there; although, my buddy had an idea if there were a way to "randomize" your load out until you figure out which weaps you enjoy most.  Shoot, I'd love if I could "save a load out" for my gear, too.  But, that's likely more of a game code thing than something you can do on the server.

My thought, though, is, I'm curious to try out the "Medic" version of the armory more.  Is that something that others would be interested in, too?  I'm not actually sure how it works, but the concept sounded pretty neat!

• 5 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 3:35 AM, Carbonautics said:

Not sure on which server this may fit for fun, but it's a great mod man, unfortunately only 5 can play at a time. But its a great idea, here's the link to it, and its been featured on NWI livestreams with the author too, its too fun to be true.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635348562&searchtext=army+of+five

Oh this looks like insane fun.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Personal and perhaps a really minority opinion. I think that the total number of teammates needs to be reduced.

Edited by NekomimiSayori
did not read date. Original Quoted text was from 2 years ago.

42 minutes ago, NekomimiSayori said:

needs to be reduced

For which server and why? Probably but if anyone else does think this should be done, they can reply supporting it.

Perhaps I am over thinking it but when #4 or #2 is as packed as it can be. Even I lose interest since the probability of us losing takes a nose dive, and victory becomes a destination not a probability.

• Like 1

My personal opinions and observations:

#2 gets easy after the 4th player joins, anything less is more fun :) Of course this depends on the players´ loadouts: if everyone has a mg and full amount of spam onboard, its not hard.

Less spam and more shooting would be more fun on #2 but I would not touch the playercount tho.

Basically the same for #4 but with higher numbers: with up to 4 players it seems theres not too many buts, after that it steadily increases the difficulty until theres around 8 players or more

and they annihilate bots with everything you can carry :D  This is fun and a big factor why many regulars come on the server! Then theres the lag of course and massive teamkill.

Both of these are more like features on a server like this.

At some points and maps it becomes almost like a running contest on #2: people want to get max kills and run in front to get them and capture for points ( theres only so many bots ).

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is willing to test out features on the test server, please let me know, I have put a custom theater on there so you will need to download it externally for now( will upload to workshop when it can be implemented on the main servers), for now external coz lots of tweaking needs to be done to make it perfect. The custom theater contains insurgent bomber, weapon balances, damage reductions, some additional gear and lastly we can try to add new weapons if we can figure it out somehow.

• 3 months later...

Adding custom maps to test server for testing today, server will stay online for the weekend, so do test out the maps:

• pripyat checkpoint
  • kandagal_aof
  • gizab_aof
  • station_aof

There's a different bomber plugin on test server, please test the jammer and chance of trigger for it?

If someone

On 12/22/2019 at 1:26 PM, Carbonautics said:

In case anyone is willing to test out features on the test server, please let me know

This still applies to anyone who is interested to help improve the servers.

Other than the Angry Bots mod or the custom mod on Bot Carnage server, What mod would you guys suggest which would be fun at all times and you could play it for hours.? It can be anything pvp or co-op.
Any suggestions for mods like these? You can go through this thread to see which mods were suggested in the past and are being looked at.

Or any suggestions for change in the way the game is played, for example, higher bot count, or lesser player count, harder bots etc.,

Edited by Carbonautics