Symfony

• Administrators

You didn't play against the right people then because there a few that are too good at them, like Elk, Happy Gilmore, and some others. They never miss and good for them, be good at knives, use them but the poison is a totally unfair advantage. Although, admittedly, Poison knife usage has gone down in favor of arty spammers. I guess everything rotates. Arty will die off and then it'll be something else that get's overly used, but look mate, here's my point. You can't make it fun for everyone, obviously, but most people in the server and in the forum have asked for poison to be removed so that would make the majority happier. Majority rules, right? Isn't that the way it normally works? I think if a few tweaks were in place, remove poison, limit number of Rifles per team, etc, it would only make the servers better for everyone in general. I'll even back off on wishing Panzer and other Heavy Weapons didn't also have SMG

That's what happened with moltov's. Moltov's was Eng weapon only to promo obj play and Eng class  - but people said nah nah too much powerful and we removed it. Did the hate stop? Nop, went to poison knifes. Now once i remove the poison knife - artillery hate will pop up, then heavy weapons, etc. 

Problem is no matter what you do - their will be 'hate'. Some players play for fun and for them nothing is an issue and some just go to serious mode and for them everything is an issue which they are not using. You (as in players) got to blame something for your 1-10% deaths. 

Here is what I think - If you want to play for fun - play on Jaymod, silEnT mod and NQ mod. If you want to play seriously, just play on ETPRO with stop watch servers. Rest is all revolving hate and will go on as it did from 2006. 

PS Just because 20-50 players vote on forums doesn't count has majority. Your vote logic is skewed. Their are not 20-50 players on server bud.  And no f*** no, I am not limiting rifles now. If anyone wants to play just SMG? Play on our ETPRO servers. I could load up SMG only config on it. No more hitbox complain, no more lag complain, no more heavy weapon complain, etc etc. List is too long to list. What ever settings you (not in you specifically)  are recommending - they are all available on ETPRO. But guess what - our ETPro servers have been dead since years. Once they get popular 24*7 - i will start modifying our ET servers to mimic ETPRO server settings. 

• Like 3

I don't have much new to add, but I'll just echo what has been stated: if a good player plays covert ops with full XP and uses knife, they will win the 1v1 on 95% of occasions. Unless you're a medic with full HP, it's two frontal stabs and you're dead. You're dead in less time than a panzer takes to shoot, in less time than you can shoot three headshots, and most of the time, before you can push them away (given the huge range). There is no weapon as overpowered as a knife. It's far easier to kill a panzerfaust who's firing right next to you and even the best-aiming rambo medic.

There are some good (medic)players who will recognise you from the weapon(sten is the easiest to spot on undercover enemy), position themselves to corner(against backstabbing), push and 3x HS a covie. And then there are long time players who will happily throw you some health packs when being in undercover:P

Also there are players who will totally ignore "enemy disguised" sign even when some poor fellow go FO on closed maps, just to play for the team in case some enemy goes undercover as covie, instead of hogging arty only in maps with lots of open space.

I´m often wondering how some players have "swords" and even when I´m starting to sprint from the other part of the map they still manage to catch up and kill me with 1 stab. But hey, its a game and they are good at it(knifing).

So long story short, no covies doesn´t need any more handicaps.

btw ET is cool bc there are more than 3 maps(adler, delivery and frost) and more than 1 class(medic). If it was, it was CS...

• Like 1

There are some good (medic)players who will recognise you from the weapon(sten is the easiest to spot on undercover enemy), position themselves to corner(against backstabbing), push and 3x HS a covie. And then there are long time players who will happily throw you some health packs when being in undercover:P

Well, I'm one of those good medic players. Like I said, they're able to stab you even when they're out of push range. Unless you fire on everyone suspicious, it's not quite that simple. If I wait to confirm that it's an enemy in disguise (like when they're carrying a knife or have a covert ops uniform or take the silencer off their pistol), I'm dead.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

That's what happened with moltov's. Moltov's was Eng weapon only to promo obj play and Eng class  - but people said nah nah too much powerful and we removed it. Did the hate stop? Nop, went to poison knifes. Now once i remove the poison knife - artillery hate will pop up, then heavy weapons, etc. 

Problem is no matter what you do - their will be 'hate'. Some players play for fun and for them nothing is an issue and some just go to serious mode and for them everything is an issue which they are not using. You (as in players) got to blame something for your 1-10% deaths. 

Here is what I think - If you want to play for fun - play on Jaymod, silEnT mod and NQ mod. If you want to play seriously, just play on ETPRO with stop watch servers. Rest is all revolving hate and will go on as it did from 2006. 

PS Just because 20-50 players vote on forums doesn't count has majority. Your vote logic is skewed. Their are not 20-50 players on server bud.  And no f*** no, I am not limiting rifles now. If anyone wants to play just SMG? Play on our ETPRO servers. I could load up SMG only config on it. No more hitbox complain, no more lag complain, no more heavy weapon complain, etc etc. List is too long to list. What ever settings you (not in you specifically)  are recommending - they are all available on ETPRO. But guess what - our ETPro servers have been dead since years. Once they get popular 24*7 - i will start modifying our ET servers to mimic ETPRO server settings. 

I'm not asking you to limit rifles lol, however, 50 people on the forums and most people on the server that don't come to the forums. you're only looking at forum posts. IO get what you're saying about what's next, but Molotovs?? Come on, those ARE ridiculous on JM server. They're better off on N!tmod where many different mods are, like lean and shoot, kicking dyno, nades, etc. 

As for Silent, I hate that mod, NQ is dead compared to Jay 1 and ETPro is just dead. Taking off poison doesn't stop people from using knives or geting the same hit damage, it just makes it more fair for the victim to fight back

• Like 1

I'm not asking you to limit rifles lol, however, 50 people on the forums and most people on the server that don't come to the forums. you're only looking at forum posts. IO get what you're saying about what's next, but Molotovs?? Come on, those ARE ridiculous on JM server. They're better off on N!tmod where many different mods are, like lean and shoot, kicking dyno, nades, etc. 

As for Silent, I hate that mod, NQ is dead compared to Jay 1 and ETPro is just dead. Taking off poison doesn't stop people from using knives or geting the same hit damage, it just makes it more fair for the victim to fight back

Wrong thread. *facepalm*

So any update on .weapon file for me so that I can test out new range? 

Haven't had a ton of time on my hands to look for it. I'll see what I can do ASAP, but I'm not sure how soon that will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Haven't had a ton of time on my hands to look for it. I'll see what I can do ASAP, but I'm not sure how soon that will be.

Any update on this bud? 

I will wait for your update or someone else who can work on it. Everyone comes with 'suggestion', 'problems', etc. but only few provide some 'solution' to try out and see how it works. Thanks!

• Like 1

Any update on this bud? 

I will wait for your update or someone else who can work on it. Everyone comes with 'suggestion', 'problems', etc. but only few provide some 'solution' to try out and see how it works. Thanks!

I looked around and found trhat the knife.weap file and the .cfg file within the models folder is your best bet, but I don't know exactly what the files mean in there and I don't have a local server to test it out on at the moment.

• Platinum VIP

I looked around and found trhat the knife.weap file and the .cfg file within the models folder is your best bet, but I don't know exactly what the files mean in there and I don't have a local server to test it out on at the moment.

Buckwild has a private server, maybe you can get with him to try it out

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You can create local server. It's super easy. Instead of running ET.exe running ETDED.exe with command line and local server will be ready for you to test on. 

Now I can do that for you but I would like you to do it yourself so that once you learn, you can teach to someone else and that opens up lot's of people testing their stuff themselves and we can change things faster which is already tested. 

PS Sorry for late reply. If i am missing replying to any server side technical support, report your post and staff will alert me up. 

• Like 1

You can create local server. It's super easy. Instead of running ET.exe running ETDED.exe with command line and local server will be ready for you to test on. 

Now I can do that for you but I would like you to do it yourself so that once you learn, you can teach to someone else and that opens up lot's of people testing their stuff themselves and we can change things faster which is already tested. 

PS Sorry for late reply. If i am missing replying to any server side technical support, report your post and staff will alert me up. 

Will help him out with that since I've done that a lot for skins an ui's :)

@Symfony check discord.

• Like 3