Symfony

I agree it is too high. From behind it makes perfect sense that knife is so powerful, it is supposed to be that way IMO.

But it does seem like covies with knives are no match for any other class / weapon beyond reason..

• Like 1

Agree with the damage, it is too high. Also dunno if it is with other servers, but a covie in disguise + adre while throwing knives, it takes full clip to kill on silent #2. Few guys use this as advantage already.

Agree with the damage, it is too high. Also dunno if it is with other servers, but a covie in disguise + adre while throwing knives, it takes full clip to kill on silent #2. Few guys use this as advantage already.

Disguised covies get ~50% damage reduction, and they dont lose their uni until they actually stab you so it's about impossible to kill them if theyve got one stab in.

I agree it is too high. From behind it makes perfect sense that knife is so powerful, it is supposed to be that way IMO.

But it does seem like covies with knives are no match for any other class / weapon beyond reason..

Yeah from behind there's backstabs and thats a whole different thing thats been built into all of the mods iirc. However the distance that you can stab someone from is ridiculous and the fact that it takes 2 stabs if you're down 20hp is more ridiculous. I mean, there's a visible like 4 ft gap between you and whoever is trying to stab you and they still hit.

Like I said before if this is something people really want, put it on silent1, but hc is supposed to be... hardcore, and this isnt really hardcore it's just unbalanced classes.

• Like 3

Its beyond broken in close range.

Essentially when in very close range knife has a massive advantage and most of the time wins if both players start "shooting" at the same time.

I could give you countless videos if i were recording my games that it has happened.

And that situation happens alot because people are aware they can get an easier kill with a knife rather than a gun!that is just ridiculous.

Every time i get killed like this i just roll my eyes.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So this topic has been open for quite a while and there's still been no answer from anyone higher than a coleader. Can we get something please? It's a pretty definitive vote based on the replies so far

• Like 4

• Administrators

Just because we have a topic in suggestion section - doesn't mean it will get replied but I do go through all suggestions every few days/weeks. I still haven't been able to fix the issue on Tutorial addon and the original coder is no more helping much so its taking time to update website and that's my priority right now as it's blocking mobile login.

Back to this topic - 

Hardcore is not ETPro and it will not be ETPro like settings mate.

No - the knife range wouldn't be change because I don't recall any option where knife range can be changed. If you know any please let me know.  We can adjust the range a bit to try out different things.

More or less how many times you get killed by cover ops and on top how many people actually use covert ops? Now compare that to how may times you kill other classes. 

If covert ops have that much higher benefit - how many times, I see covert ops in first 3 top kills / map? 

• Like 6

Back to this topic -

No - the knife range wouldn't be change because I don't recall any option where knife range can be changed. If you know any please let me know. We can adjust the range a bit to try out different things.

More or less how many times you get killed by cover ops and on top how many people actually use covert ops? Now compare that to how may times you kill other classes.

If covert ops have that much higher benefit - how many times, I see covert ops in first 3 top kills / map?

There's no way to adjust the knife range, only knife damage.

Since people worked out how advantageous it is to be a covie with a knife it's actually become very popular..

You're right they don't get the most kills but it can be very annoying when a covie camps a spawn exit again and again and no matter how pro you might be, you often cannot win against a covie with a knife..

IMO knives are supposed to be a close range backup when your out of ammo, a true test of skill, or ofc a fun way to get a back-kill if you sneak up on someone, not a deadly weapon more powerful than an SMG..

• Like 1

There's no way to adjust the knife range, only knife damage.

Since people worked out how advantageous it is to be a covie with a knife it's actually become very popular..

You're right they don't get the most kills but it can be very annoying when a covie camps a spawn exit again and again and no matter how pro you might be, you often cannot win against a covie with a knife..

IMO knives are supposed to be a close range backup when your out of ammo, a true test of skill, or ofc a fun way to get a back-kill if you sneak up on someone, not a deadly weapon more powerful than an SMG..

is this ment for silent and hardcore or is it also about jaymod ?

( i mean topic :P )

Well I don't know if the same issues are on Jay tbh, all I know is silent mod servers :P

This topic is mainly for Hardcore afaik but if its the same "issue" on jaymod server where it takes 1 to 2 stabs to bring anyone from full health down to 0 by a covie then sure this is the topic to discuss it.

Just because we have a topic in suggestion section - doesn't mean it will get replied but I do go through all suggestions every few days/weeks. I still haven't been able to fix the issue on Tutorial addon and the original coder is no more helping much so its taking time to update website and that's my priority right now as it's blocking mobile login.

Back to this topic - 

No - the knife range wouldn't be change because I don't recall any option where knife range can be changed. If you know any please let me know.  We can adjust the range a bit to try out different things.

So knife damage is something like g_knifeDmg or g_dmgKnife or something similar. Knife range can be configured via .weap files iirc, but I am almost positive that knife range isnt that far in an out of the box silent server, and furthermore I'm sure something could be done through lua or something else that can fix the knife range issue.

• Administrators

Then in that case we should enable fall off damage of SMG's too i.e. less damage at longer range since bullets do get effected by gravity. 

You get how many bullets before you reload? You get how many knifes?  What is the charging time of knife for longer range vs SMG bullet shooting time? 

If you consider all the factor's SMG's are beast and hence 80% people use SMG's all the time. 

I would disable medic self healing capability as well then to cut down on rambo medics. Imagine the whine on server overnight when bunch of rambo's can't heal themselves. 

It's annoying for all the other classes when rambo medics keep padding medic packs. It's annoying for other classes as well i.e  SMG's do more damage overall vs less gravity effects it. 

The only time balance quo will shift when I see covert ops on top 3 on scoreboard - on continuous basis. 

Then in that case we should enable fall off damage of SMG's too i.e. less damage at longer range since bullets do get effected by gravity. 

You get how many bullets before you reload? You get how many knifes?  What is the charging time of knife for longer range vs SMG bullet shooting time? 

If you consider all the factor's SMG's are beast and hence 80% people use SMG's all the time. 

I would disable medic self healing capability as well then to cut down on rambo medics. Imagine the whine on server overnight when bunch of rambo's can't heal themselves. 

It's annoying for all the other classes when rambo medics keep padding medic packs. It's annoying for other classes as well i.e  SMG's do more damage overall vs less gravity effects it. 

The only time balance quo will shift when I see covert ops on top 3 on scoreboard - on continuous basis. 

it takes 3 stabs to kill someone with a knife. that coupled with the absolutely impossible to evade range of the knife is ridiculous, especially on a server thats supposed to be hardcore. this isnt a question of rambo medics or class imbalances because if it was, covies also have 50% damage reduction and reduced explosive damage. true rambo medics are few and far between and theres not a ton of players that can successfully run and hide and heal without being killed. the general consensus of the people that play on the servers here say that they want the damage and possibly the range reduced. I don't see why it's a problem to do that.

knives do more damage than smgs. theres no question there. if a disguised covie runs up to you and you dont get a good 4 headshots in on them and they have their knife out, 9 times out of 10 theyre going to kill you because of damage reduction and knife range/damage.

• Like 2