Creator's Update Windows 10 arrived here

RedBaird

• Leader

I received the Creator's Update this morning.

A notice appeared on my screen with several selections for privacy, location, etc.

A background download then started.

22 minutes later, I was asked to restart the computer.  A "percentage progress number" appeared and counted up.  My system restarted several times.

28 minutes then passed before the logon screen appeared and there were a few more updates after that.

Edge opened a Creator's Features tab and an Edge Tips tab.  I have now lost both of them and they don't show up in the Edge History. :(

This update started at 4:40 am Friday here in California, USA.  (Yes, troubled sleep again.)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I was just going to post this to see if anyone has installed it and what they think of it.

Mine's been on hold, waiting to install until I hear some feedback

Microsoft releases new Windows 10 preview with serial device support in the Windows Subsystem for Linux

Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 preview for PCs — this is the second build since finalizing the Creators Update. The Windows Subsystem for Linux has gained serial device support but there are no other new features beyond that.

Windows 10 is a service, meaning it was built in a very different way than its predecessors so it can be regularly updated with not just fixes but new features, too. Microsoft has released many such updates, including three major ones: November UpdateAnniversary Update, and Creators Update.

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Leader

The Windows Subsystem for Linux 

I had forgotten all about this. :)

Manual Update...http://www.googply.com/2017/04/14/how-to-upgrade-bashwindows-subsystem-for-linux-in-windows-10-creators-update/

Edited by RedBaird
  • Like 1