Idea for ET Forum Organization

ETanon

I noticed the Enemy Territory Discusion is sub-categorized into Discussion, Support, and Script&Configs

Is there a way to further organize the forum by server?

Either by tags/category or sub-forum for each server? i.e. HC, Recruiting, Silent #1, etc.

Sounds like a lot of work, but could help for players new to the forum to track server specific items.

Just a thought :)

-Anon

Edited by DJ aka GDR DJ
  • Like 2

Good suggestion mate!

In my opinion, its saturated enough. There are tags to help distinguish between different types of threads. Its very easy to search provided the thread maker attaches useful tags. For those making new threads, they can post it in which ever suitable category they wish. We haven't had many issues thus far and it seems pretty okay. Making separate subsections for the different servers we have might be a mouthful. Perhaps if this does happen to some effect, we can sort the threads into their mods. silEnT, Jaymod, NQ etc. This would be a lot more organized but then again many threads are generalized too. So we need a have a subsection for ET itself.

Im not so positive anything will happen any time soon but its great to see you actively participate in the improvement of our clan facilities :D 

• Like 2

good creative tought.

however, most of the rules and information we post is not server specific. There might be some topic that are server specific but for that we mostly have tags and prefixes in place.

tags.jpg

If we go with the server based organization we might end up with redundant information which has a higher maintenance overhead.

• Like 1

good creative tought.

however, most of the rules and information we post is not server specific. There might be some topic that are server specific but for that we mostly have tags and prefixes in place.

tags.jpg

If we go with the server based organization we might end up with redundant information which has a higher maintenance overhead.

Thanks redy!

For some reason I'm missing that dropdown menu on posting a new topic. How do I enable?

Personally I disagree. It may seems a bit confusing at times, in the beginning, like why suggestions are on a different category. But you have tools for follow the content you want faster. Plus it gives the ability to join in other ET related support threads that are cross mods. Basically there's more interaction between ET players from all servers and that's a win win situation.

Thanks redy!

For some reason I'm missing that dropdown menu on posting a new topic. How do I enable?

This is from internal forum section. I can show you more as soon as your application goes trough.