NHL Playoffs Pool 2017

meow

Yup, saw the game recap and it should have been 1-1 and went to OT, this is one tough way to lose for the preds. 
Still happy the Pens won though

• Like 1

Letdown, I know you bought the refs... congrats on winning!

We should have website awards for the winner of the pool, Von rantala is this possible? :P

Final results:

post-13787-0-19690700-1497297872_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

We should have website awards for the winner of the pool, Von rantala is this possible? :P

Final results:

attachicon.giffapoolstandings.jpg

How is that possible that a newbie win that pool ? I mean what are the odds ? No bribery here Meow :D

Yes please, someone design a stanley cup award :P Would be great next to my panzer pro award :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Final results:

attachicon.giffapoolstandings.jpg

Yes trophy is possible, i take it my "to do list" and will get back it once i have time. Congratz for letdown for winning. Next year i base my playoff pool to my earlie season predictions too, but will do some updates in there and choose hot  teams etc.. I have to admit that i didn't see Nashville going so long before playoffs because Rinne was so irregular in the regular season, but hey they have NHL best defence group atm, i have to check what i sayed in my earlie season prediction on Pings and on Preds. Next year i will ride to win with Minnesota :)

Expansion draft and award seremony is today, i so hoping that Koivu will win Selke :) He is best two way player and he should already win it. Kesler made more goals, so i have feeling that they choose him, but i have to keep believing that they dont only watch points this time when they too selection but choose best two way player and it would be Koivu. Granny can win trophy too. So it will be nice to come home from work tomorrow and see outcome :)

I hope that we dont lose Staal in Expansion draft, he gave us wide in the forwards group, i just cant believe that we didn't buy out Pommiville or asked him to dropp that no-trade clause. Now if we lose Staal because that Pommer look like a**h****. Koivu is in his best when he can play second line and first PK unit as in last year and Staal made it possible, if he will leave, we have to look new first line center, so we can use Koivu as its suitable to his role. Like Bergeron in BOS and Datsjuyk was in Detroit, best twoplayer can use they skills best when whole team and fan group not wait them to be big first line centers who products points like Malkin, Crosby or Stamkos. Kopitar is good example too Carter take offensive pressures away from him, like Kane in Chicago from Toews, even that Kane is not center, he play in different line is my point. Two way forwards are best in second line when they play against best but when ppls dont wait them to make 80+ points as all wait from first line center.

There is possibility that four of my Fantasy team player change team in expansion draft. I mean which they own team did not prodect. Those are J.Jokinen FLA, S. Vatanen (ANA) M. Scandella (MIN) M. Dumba (MIN) There is couple other too, who was not prodected but probably stay in old team. K. Brodziak (STL) and C. Stewart (MIN). Was surprised to see that Wild prodected Zucker. But i am super happy that they prodected him, but i thought they will choose Staal instead Zucker. Beauchemin was bought out from COL what was huge surprise for me. He is still very good defensive defender.

CGY got Smith from ARI, i think Smith is most overrated goalie in NHL. He has played couple good season but rest has been lower of avarage, it will not be answer to CGY "goalie" problem, because goalies havent been they problem but defence play has. LoL, last year all blamed Karri Rämö, this year Elliot. Get your defence fixed and your goalie problem will be solved too. Its no matter if there would be playing C. Price or T. Rask, team still would give as much goals as now. I hope we sign Elliot =) Then we would have two very good goalie. Bruce like use two goalies, and i think Elliot can be starter when playoffs start.

Edited by von Rantala
  • Like 1

I hope that we dont lose Staal in Expansion draft

Nah, there's a rumor going around saying the Wild gave Vegas a first round pick + a prospect and Vegas will pick Haula.

Nah, there's a rumor going around saying the Wild gave Vegas a first round pick + a prospect and Vegas will pick Haula.

Yeeeeeees its true! We was able to keep Staal, Dumba and Scandella :) yeaaaaah i am so so so happy. Now i have to give big thanks to our GM Fletcher, well done!! I am so so happy. We was able give Tuch because we have one of NHL best talent group at the moment, we had three captain in the last year WJ tournament and we have Eriksson EK coming in the roster. This was great move from Fletcher and even that i am give him hard time sometimes now he look like wizard, well done!

Little bit sad that Koivu didnt win Selke or Granny didnt win Byng, but at least Koivu was finalist, its very rare that players win in they first year when they are in Finals for Selke, usually to able to win Selke you need to be top three at least twice. I think Toews need couple top three rank same to Datsjuyk, Kesler and Bergeron before they won they first ones, only what i fear is that Koivu will be 35 next year. But other hand St. Louis was 38 when he won Art ross so :)

Are i am only one who is disappointent on what kind team Vegas got? There was great players available and Vegas chosen very shitty players because some trades and draft pics? They didnt choose very good players instead they choose to take some second round draft pics or high salary players. What a heck, they could have build great team, but now they are like AHL team with couple star player and couple NHL player.

Edited by von Rantala

As in every year in past years biggest trades has been done in draft day. So its now too, after quiet Trade deadline now we have seen couple big trade

Raanta and Stephan from Rangers to Arizona for DeAngelo and first round pic (sevent overall) Now Raanta finally get chance to be starter in NHL and he can be top 3 goalies in the league.

Panarin and Motte from Chicago to Columber for Saad and Forsberg. This was clear win for Columbus

Hjalmarson from Chicago to Arizona excange of Murphy and Dauphin.

Probably more coming! :)

Most i am suprised that Chicago traded Panarin and Hjalmarsson. Are they trying to get Shattenkirk and making room in cap hit. But Saad and Panarin had same avarage salary.

My wish list for summer free-agent market is short this time :)

Biggest thing is that we need solid and good goalie who can challange Duby

Goalie wish would be Elliott, but he probably can get number one slot somewhere. Cam Ward from CAR by trade or Ryan Miller if he take 2 milj salary. Pavelec, who has been irregular but never got chance to play behind very good team.

And ofc i hope that we would take Beauchemin to our d-line. we have very good top 5, but for sixt role we can take Beauchemin who still is one of best defensive defenders and great leader.

So If we take Elliott and Beaucheman it would be great summer. I also hope we do new contract with Koivu in this summer and re-sing our RFA guys Granny and Nino.

So If we take Elliott and Beaucheman it would be great summer. I also hope we do new contract with Koivu in this summer and re-sing our RFA guys Granny and Nino.

lol I dont think there's enough salary space for all of them

lol I dont think there's enough salary space for all of them

We have 18 milj left, for Granny 6 milj, Nino 4-5 mil left us 8-7 milj, so yes there is room, for Koivu same cap hit than now (6,75) we traded Pomminville, I am super happy on that, but also super sad to see that we had to give Scandella too to get rid off Pomminville contract, i love Scandella he is great guy, yes i think he have 1 milj too big contract, but he has great shot, he is very good defensive defender and great leader and team player, will come to miss him, but will keep him my fantasy team. For new guys, i think Ennis could be very usefull to us, he has made close to 50 points three time, when Buffalo was very poor team. He had injuries in past years, but he can blossom in our team when we are speedy team. Foligno has been in my fantasy team before, probably take him back. Good and solid defensive forward.

WTF Florida is buying out Jokinen contract, what the f*** is that??? Year ago he made 60 point and was team second best point man, plus he is great leader, and team will come to miss him and a lot, he is great two way player and contact was not too big (4,0 milj) i think someone could take him from waiwers because his contract is not too heavy. I did wait that CLB will buy out Hartnell contract, two year ago he made 60 point and was team best point man, but with Tortorellla he has been in doghouse as we say in here Finland when someone is for no reason annoyng coach or has been treaded poorly by coach. Scotty was not suitable in game style what Tortorella used, like wtf he only got 60+pm what is his lowest since rookie year. Tortorella benched him if he fight behalf teammates, Tortorella benched him many times, because he just didnt like what Hartnell did for team. I think Flyears will re-sign him with 3-4 milj salary. Ofc i has been always dreaming that i can see him in Wild because he is my second biggest active idol after Mikko Koivu and would be my dream to see him in Wild, but we have Nino who represent our powerforward, but Hartnell is fighting, we didnt have fighter except Stewart in our last year roster, so maybe maybe, we could take him, but our top 6 is locked so let see. I have very strong feeling that Flyers take him, he is legent in the Flyears, all the flyers fans love him and they probably retire his number if fans could decide.

It will take me some time to get over trade of Scandella, only Brodin is bigger idol for me from our current D group so, maybe we can take Beauchemin to his spot :) To make it clear, Brodin is first swedish player who is my idol, first, we fins hate sweden and all the sweden players, i had huge bias on Brodin, but he won me to his side. I think he is word best defensive defender now.

And yes i think Elliott will get big contract and starter role in somewhere, but if not, then we could get him for 3 milj. I hope that we dont take Niemi, he is only player who i actually hate, he came to SJ when they promissed starter role to Niittymäki, Niittymäki could have choose another teams too, but decide to take SJ because they offer starter role, then CHI didnt make contract to Niemi and he came to SJ and in my eyes he is always traitor.

Edited by von Rantala

We have 18 milj left,

I said that before the trade! lol Now you should have enough cap space

We have 18 milj left,

And yes i think Elliott will get big contract and starter role in somewhere, but if not, then we could get him for 3 milj.

Rumors are Elliot is going to Philadelphia

• Like 1

I said that before the trade! lol Now you should have enough cap space

Yeah i know mate, that i did mean that NOW we have room, i knew we didnt have that much before :) We traded 6 milj and 4 milj and got 4 milj back, so we saved about 6 milj :)

Rumors are Elliot is going to Philadelphia

Yeah some how Flyears always looking new goalie, they should have tryed to get Bishop when he was available or Luongo before he went to Vancouver. They miss so many great goalies, but its also worst place in NHL to goalie (with Toronto) Flyers fans love to hate they goalies, they keep waiting new Hextall but they dont give they goalies chance, after one mistake they are ready to  burn they goalie, that why they lost Bobrovsky who has now won two Vezina, if they would been more patiance with Bob and would not blame him on everything they could have won Cup already and would have better goalie than Hextall was in the goal now.

• Like 1

First two hour over and we didnt sign any goalies all the best has gone :/ only AHL goalies left. f*** i am disappointent, we could have got Miller only for two milj. He would have been good back up to us. Maybe we have to do some trade. GM Fletcher did say he is looking goalie to challange Stalock for back up role.

Biggest wtf moment have been Kulikov new 4milj contract with Winnipeg, how to heck he again got so big salary. Maybe we try get goalie from EU leagues let see, Rämö is still possible even that he signed contract with Jokerit. Elliott also got small salary again, we could got him too, but probably he wanted starter role.

Btw has been sad season to my fantasy team players, Beauchemin, Hartnell and Jokinen all is bought out, in my fantasy team i will keep them so old contract salary will affect my salary cap. Let see if i have to make trade or rooms when Nino and Granny make new contracts. First who is in the line is Parise. I probably take M. Foligno as my extra forward as couple year ago. We also lost Folin to LAK, that was stupid move from our GM, we could keep Folin rights with smaller offer than what he got from LAK. We had one of best defence group last year and now we lost our third pair Scandella and Folin. GM sayed he want give chance to Olofsson and Reilly so let see, i hope they can fill they spots or we are in problems, we was one of NHL best defence teams, so i hope these moves not hurt us too much.

BTW San Jose could lose both Thorton and Marleau and if they dose lose both, they have hard time to get in the playoffs next season.

Edited by von Rantala

• Platinum VIP

I figured you'd be in here, Rantala. How about that trade with my home team?? I think you guys got the worst of it. Pomminville coming back to Buffalo is a great thing. He'll probably be the new captain next year but we need help on D and Scandella is a great pick up for us.

Foligno is a great player. He'll do well in Minnesota but Ennis is a cry baby with no heart who always seems to be hurt. Sorry mate.

I figured you'd be in here, Rantala. How about that trade with my home team?? I think you guys got the worst of it. Pomminville coming back to Buffalo is a great thing. He'll probably be the new captain next year but we need help on D and Scandella is a great pick up for us.

Foligno is a great player. He'll do well in Minnesota but Ennis is a cry baby with no heart who always seems to be hurt. Sorry mate.

We had to give Scandella to get rid off Pomminville and his contract, he was fourth liner in our team last two season. He is not same guy as before, he had 1 goal in first 40 game in the season and he truly suck, he is not same guy as before, yes you could see that he made 47 point this season, but points not tell whole story in here. In Buffalo he probably get about 20-30 point in next season, but yeah he is great leader so you probably got new captain, but Ristolainen could be your future captain. Scandella is great D-man, i am sad to lose him.

For Ennis, i think he can make same us Staal made last year, and come back to 40 points, but we had to take Ennis so we got ridd off from Pommiville, Ennis is probably third-fourth liner in our team, and we are not waiting him to be star player, we just had to take him to get ridd off from Pommiville. Foligno is player who can be assest to us.

• Like 1