NHL Playoffs Pool 2017

meow

i watched some of the blues vs wild game and although minnesota out shot st.louis, the blues were more aggressive and beat the wild to the puck almost every chance. and the wild had their chances again in this game, they just cant capitalize on them.

leafs and caps tonight, at leaf nation. should be interesting with the crowd behind them. last game the chant in the crowd was 'matthews sucks, matthews sucks'. i would think tonight it will be 'O.V. sucks, O.V. sucks'. can you spell C H O K E? lol

the habs, meh. the sens, meh. 

Yeah in game three St. Louis was better in first period and half of second period, but we was better second half of game, difference is just in goal at moment, if i am honest, when Blues made 2-1 goal i knew we will lost game, because we was not playing our hockey, we dont play badly, but we just dont use our skating, we tacle too much and play too much that fighting game what Blues want. Plus our PP suck. Bruce used same PP units whole year, he only couple time tryed Parise in the Koivu line and Nino in the Staal line, but rest of time, he used same units, he should mix those already. Its biggest mistake what he has done, he havent mix up PP lines at all, GM biggest mistake was not to get better back up to us, Dubnyk played solid game, but he allowe one to two easy goal every game and when Allen dont give those we lose games. We should start skate again, we are not skating, we should challange Blues defenders, now we dont do that, we just shot puck in the net or wide to net and try to get in the rebound before Blues, when they have easy job to get there first. Yes our scoring changes in 5vs5 is 70-35. So its show that we have been a lot better team, we just should shot puck up not low as we do everytime when we shooting.

Rinne is also difference in Blackhawks serie, he is single handled dropping Hawks. Rinne is very irregular, but when he is hot, he can win series. Will be interesting to see if Nashville and St. Louis plays each other in second round.

If Toronto go and win Washington i am getting a lot points :)

the leafs have brought in their secret weapon - DART GUY!

apparently he is good luck for the team so they gave him free tickets to the leaf games, he's on the radio, and was on a sports tv show yesterday.

GO DART GUY GO!

but seriously...

dartguy.jpg

• Like 1

Absolutely terrible showing by the Hawks this series. A lot of it was due to Nashville playing great but still, the Hawks should not have been held to only 3 goals the entire series.

Absolutely terrible showing by the Hawks this series. A lot of it was due to Nashville playing great but still, the Hawks should not have been held to only 3 goals the entire series.

i think everyone, including Subban, had thought the hawks would have dominated the preds.

For the Leafs vs the Caps series, it looks like Ovechkin has come out of his shell and is starting to score in the payoffs - 

JapersRinkOviturtle.gif

• Like 1

i think everyone, including Subban, had thought the hawks would have dominated the preds.

Absolutely. I didn't see a single expert pick the Preds to beat the Hawks and something like 85% of people chose the Hawks in their brackets. If the Caps end up losing something close to 90% of the brackets will end up wrong.

The Preds deserved to win the series and it was evident from Game 2 onward. The Hawks didn't look like the typical playoff Blackhawks of the past 8 or 9 years. They were sloppy and didn't seem to want to win even after going down  2-0. They didn't look at all like a team fighting to stay in the playoffs last night. Keith's hit on Arvidsson was the only thing that looked like an elimination game moment from the Hawks, and they didn't even use that to try building momentum. 

The Preds look like the 2010 Hawks with their mix of young talent and veterans and I think I'm going to be rooting for them to win the Cup after this

Absolutely. I didn't see a single expert pick the Preds to beat the Hawks and something like 85% of people chose the Hawks in their brackets. If the Caps end up losing something close to 90% of the brackets will end up wrong.

Rinne can win series by himself, but still it surprise that he was able to do it against Hawks, Rinne has fight against irregulary couple last seasons, but from stats its look like he is old Rinne again. If Rinne stay hot Preds can make long playoff run.

Wild won last game against St. Louis now we have to win this night game and then survive game sixt in the Blues home arena and come back to home for seven game and won it and be fifth team to come behind 3-0 to win serie, we can do it, because Yeo's teams go throw losing streaks and we have to belive that the are going to go through that against us now. Toronto has been a lot better than i excepted. They has won two game and put three in overtime against President winner. You have to raise hat to them. Great job.

the leafs have brought in their secret weapon - DART GUY!

apparently he is good luck for the team so they gave him free tickets to the leaf games, he's on the radio, and was on a sports tv show yesterday.

GO DART GUY GO!

but seriously...

dartguy.jpg

What you have liked on my idol Leksa Komarov games in the Playoffs? He is at his best in these kind games, he is able to get under the enemy skaters skins, talk four language and just dont take stupid penaltys when playing in the edge. He give all his heart in the ice and i bet you have seen it too. Not make a lot goals or assists but lead by example and do right place to make room in offesive zone and is good defensive player. Teams make less goals when Komarov is in ice than when he is in bench. I know that they probably name Mathews as next captain because its custom there to name best offensive player as captain than best leader as captain, but if you would choose pure leader and guy who team mates respect most you would choose Komarov.

Oh boy what chances we had in second period, Allen was swimming put we just dont throw puck up, instead we shot low shots or wide of the net. One period left, we need that goal and push it to over time and then win it.

Good game last night. Minnesota really played well that last period. Too bad they lost in OT.

Yeah Wild didnt defence in that game, they was playing like animals but forgot to defence, Dubnyk also made huge mistake in puck handling, you could hear how players yell that shot hard, but he shot very weak shot and St. Louis player got that and then it was in goal. If he would shot that puck hard, it would have gone over St. Louis player and out of our zone and there would not be goal. Goalies decided this serie and Allen won Dubnyk, we also didnt defence well in except in game four. Positive thing is that we played very good hockey, and we was playing entertaining hockey with heart, we didnt give up, we gave our all and if you have to lose someway, its best way to lose. So as i has sayed, this has been my favorite season and this serie lost dont change it, Koivu got Selke finalist place and can win it, and if he dose its like Stanley for me so, i am very happy on our season. We gave our all, we just got stopped by hot goalie. Thanks boys for this great season! Next year is our season!

• Like 1

well, now it's Lefty's turn to get his team eliminated!

No, the leafs better win! My playoff bracket is messed up already, 3 of my top picks are out already don't even care if the caps lose also xD

• Like 2

well, now it's Lefty's turn to get his team eliminated!

Lol I was pulling for the sharks too!

If the Leafs can win tonight they have a good chance to upset the caps in Washington. Caps are under pressure and the Leafs are playing carefree loosy goosy. Caps have made to post season 13 times and have only got past the first round twice. They have the pressure. Leafs weren't even expected to be in the playoffs this season and yet they have the chance to eliminate the top number 1 team in the NHL

• Like 4