NHL Playoffs Pool 2017

meow

The season ends on Sunday and we still don't know all the playoffs match-ups yet but let's get ready anyway!!

Last year winner was Lefty (aka comatose), let's see if he can do it again :P

2016: Lefty

2015: Hobbit

2014: don't remember!

(copy pasted from last year thread :D)

Here's how it works:

We give a rank to each teams from 1 to 16

16 = the team you think has the best chance to win the Stanley Cup

15 = the team you think has the 2nd best chance to win the Stanley Cup

1 = the team you think has no chance to win the first round

After each round, you are awarded points using the rank you gave to the winning teams

1st round = rank x 1pts

2nd round = rank x 2pts

3rd round = rank x 4pts

final round = rank x 8pts

Example:

I give Chicago a rank of 14 and they lose in the 3rd round.

1st round = 14 x 1 = 14 pts

2nd round = 14 x 2 = 28 pts

3rd round = 0 pts

final round = 0 pts

So Chicago gave me 42pts.

We do this with every team and add up all the points.

You can post your picks here or send them to me by PM if you don't want everyone to copy you before playoffs starts.

I will post everyone's picks together when the playoffs begins.

You have until Wednesday April 12 (until the first game starts) to send me your picks or make changes to them.

Let's try to get every hockey fan in this pool. The more the merrier!

Here is the NHL playoffs tree to help you with your choices. (Wait until Monday to have the real match-ups)

https://www.nhl.com/stanley-cup-playoffs/

Good luck to everyone!!

• Like 6

Leafs should go far if they don't face Washington in the first round and beat Columbus today.

Anyway I'm in.

• Like 1

Will base my predictions to my earlie season predictions. Example i predict Anaheim in lose to conference finals and i keep that, but for those teams who i predict in but are outside i fill on those teams who got playoff spot and who i didnt predict in playoffs. Here first my earlie season prediction

16. Minnesota (35 overal rating)

15. Tampa Bay (36)

14. Washington (36,5)

13. Anaheim (32)

12. Chicago (37,5)

11. Pittsburgh (35,5)

10.San Jose (34,5)

9. Florida (32,5)

8. Los Angeles (34,5)

7. New York R (34)

6. St. Louis (34)

5. Nashville (33,5)

4. Detroit (33)

3. Dallas (32,5)

2. Montreal (32,5)

1. Boston Bruins (31,5)

Now to this year playoffs, i think Boston can surprise and elimate Washington. Tuukka Rask is goalie who can win series by himself, like he did against Pittsburght couple year ago. For Wild, they get Yeo (STL) against  and old coach has always advange, that has seen from past, so we will not have easy to win that serie. But i believe we win it in game six and then see Hawks and win them too and then we see Anaheim and win them too and then i believe we see Washington or Pittsburgh or Columbus and win that too. Ofc it would be nice to see baddle against Toronto, but they remind me a lot on Wild couple year ago, Toronto have very young team and in this year they will take it as learning and bank up playoffs experience for coming seasons long runs. Edm also will take this year as learning process remind me a lot about Colorado couple year ago when Colorado was playing against Wild. Colorado was then very young team, who was close to win Wild (game went to game seven overtime where Nino made goal for us). Columbus can surprise and win serie against PIT, because PIT is without Letang and CLB has season best goal between pipes. So this team is my "Wild Card" for the playoffs and can play in conference finals and even in the finals depent on how hot Bob will be.

So to my official playoff pool, i will replace those teams who didnt get playoff spot to those who was highest in my early season rankings. I dont change my early season predictions teams places who i predicted to playoffs, so Mtl stay at place two, even that i think they will go longer in the playoffs, but i want base my prediction to my earlie season predictions and see how well i can perform against u, who can do playoff pool now after seeing whole season. This way i am happy and meow is happy, last year i was not able to take part because i was not allowed to use my earlie season prediction what is still in my mind wrong, because it would not hurt anyone if i would have predict couple already outside team. But this year we can find way to satisfie both. So here they come

16. Minnesota (35 overal rating)

15. Toronto (31)

14. Washington (36,5)

13. Anaheim (32)

12. Chicago (37,5)

11. Pittsburgh (35,5)

10.San Jose (34,5)

9. Calgary (31)

8. Edmonton (30)

7. New York R (34)

6. St. Louis (34)

5. Nashville (33,5)

4. Columbus (29,5)

3. Ottawa (28,5)

2. Montreal (32,5)

1. Boston Bruins (31,5)

I think Lefty will like who i predict in the Stanley finals from east :)

• Like 2

16. Montreal

15. San Jose

14. Pittsburg

13. Minnesota

12. Washington

11. Boston

10. Anaheim

9. Chicago

8. NY Rangers

7. Columbus

6. Nashville

5. St. Louis 

4. Edmonton

3. Calgary

2. Toronto

1. Ottawa

Last year i was second, time to win this  :P 

• Like 2

something tells me there will be a lot of upsets this playoffs. teams expected to go far won't and teams not expected to will.

16. minnesota-wild.png

15. montreal-canadiens.png

14. edmonton-oilers.png

13. toronto-maple-leafs.png

12. calgary-flames.png

11. chicago-blackhawks.png

10. pittsburgh-penguins.png

9. boston-bruins.png

8. san-jose-sharks.png

7. anaheim-ducks.png

6. st-louis-blues.png

5. nashville-predators.png

4. new-york-rangers.png

3. ottawa-senators.png

2. washington-capitals.png

1. columbus-blue-jackets.png

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 1

Why after year after year, ppls keep putting Wild in the lowest points. You should watch Wild hockey more! At least Purple put Wild higher. At least it mean lose to those who put Wild in down when they make long run and show how less you all know on Wild. Ofc Wild meet hot team, second hottest after Washington, but hey we are NHL deepest team and when Dubnyk get his game back we will won Cup and in last three game Dubnyk has been good again.

Why after year after year, ppls keep putting Wild in the lowest points...

My prediction is they'll win the cup. I see the Caps being too overconfident again and the Leafs taking them to 7 games. I also see the Wild possibly having an easier road to the cup, making them favorites in my book...and i don't watch them much at all.

If there is any darkhorse this year that can go all the way, it could be Boston. They're a tough in-your-face physical team and and if Rask is on his game they can go far....but i hope not.

• Like 2

16.Toronto

15.Nashville

14.Boston

13.Columbus

12.Minnesota

11.San Jose

10.Calgary

9.St Louis

8.Rangers

7.Ottawa

6.Anaheim

5.Pittsburgh

4.Montréal

3.Chicago

2.Oilers

1.Capitals

• Like 2

16. Hawks

15. Capitals

14. Bruins

13. Ducks

12. Wild

11. CBJ

10. Oilers

9. Canadiens

8. Blues

7. Pens

6. Rangers

5. Sharks

4. Leafs

3. Flames

2. Preds

1. Senators

Unless the Caps choke once again they have a great chance at finally making the Finals. I think CBJ has the best chance for an upset in the first round over the Pens, although with the Blues being hot right now I think we might see that matchup taken to Game 7. If the Hawks meet the Wild in Rd 2 I think the series will be interesting but history shows that the Hawks have Minnesota's number in the playoffs. The Leafs might have gone far but I think the Caps are just the better team, not to mention their curse doesn't kick in until the second round. If the Hawks do end up playing the Caps in the final I think both have a good chance of winning, but personally think that the Finals experience the Hawks have will help them out in the end

• Like 2

My prediction is they'll win the cup. I see the Caps being too overconfident again and the Leafs taking them to 7 games. I also see the Wild possibly having an easier road to the cup, making them favorites in my book...and i don't watch them much at all.

If there is any darkhorse this year that can go all the way, it could be Boston. They're a tough in-your-face physical team and and if Rask is on his game they can go far....but i hope not.

you idiot, 16 is for the cup winner. I thought u put columbus as winner -.-

Uuuh alot harder than last year xD
How much I hope that the leafs work hard to beat the capitals, I think they do lack some play off experience and will not succeed to go to the next round

16. Wild
15. Washington
14. Montreal
13. Pittsburg
12. Anaheim
11. San Jose
10. Chicago
9. Columbus
8. Ottowa
7. Toronto
6. NY Rangers
5. Boston
4. Edmonton

3. St. Louis

2. Nashville

1. Calgary

Edited by Sisje
  • Like 3

you idiot, 16 is for the cup winner. I thought u put columbus as winner -.-

Haha...and that's how i won last year.

O_0

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 2

16. Chicago

15. Anaheim

14. Boston

13. Minnesota

12. San Jose

11. Pittsburg

10. NY Rangers

9. Montreal

8. Washington

7. Columbus

6. Nashville

5. St. Louis 

4. Edmonton

3. Calgary

2. Ottawa

1. Toronto

• Like 2

16 Montreal

15 Chicago

14 Minnesota

13 Edmonton  

12 Pittsburgh 

11 Washington

10 Anaheim 

9 sanjose 

8 Toronto

7 Columbus

6 Ottawa  

5 Nashville

4 rangers

3 Calgary

2 Boston

1 st Louise  

• Like 1

2016: Lefty

2015: Hobbit

2014: don't remember!  

some dude named Hobbit

also - TODAY IS THE DEADLINE !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2