Disable mapsounds

Th3N0ob3r

Hi guys,

since UJE 00 is now in Jay1 rotation I had the pleasure to play the map a few times.

I have a few things I really hate about the map and the biggest problems are the custom mapsounds that play every now and then if someone does something.

I know that there is a sound that plays if someone captures the spawn "Old Skool" and I cant stand the sound. Dont really know why but it fuels me with rage

everytime I have to listen to it and since its a fairly contested spawnpoint it plays WAY TO FREAKING OFTEN.

I dont even know what other stuff triggers the sounds that play on the map.

Now I would like to know if it is possible to disable these sounds without muting my weapon and hitsounds.

Hi guys,

since UJE 00 is now in Jay1 rotation I had the pleasure to play the map a few times.

I have a few things I really hate about the map and the biggest problems are the custom mapsounds that play every now and then if someone does something.

I know that there is a sound that plays if someone captures the spawn "Old Skool" and I cant stand the sound. Dont really know why but it fuels me with rage

everytime I have to listen to it and since its a fairly contested spawnpoint it plays WAY TO FREAKING OFTEN.

I dont even know what other stuff triggers the sounds that play on the map.

Now I would like to know if it is possible to disable these sounds without muting my weapon and hitsounds.

Probably it is this sound

image.png

I removed this sound from the map, try now.

UJE_00.rar

http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/rJdXHfLN/file.html

Here are all the sounds

Sounds.rar

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/4LYiebya/file.html

• Like 2

Probably it is this sound

image.png

I removed this sound from the map, try now.

Yeah uje_bold and uje_spanning_6 are the sounds that annoy me.

You can just edit the pk3 file yourself? Doesnt ET check if the client and server use the same file?

If thats the case I threw uje_spanning_6 out of there myself now.

Never set up a server and I get errors when I try to host a game that I dont really want to fix right now.

Will test it when the map comes up on Jay1.

In case that it works many thanks to you Stavros

• Leader

If the server has enabled using sv_pure 1 and this is jaymod your stuck listening to these sounds.

On Jay#1, sv_pure = "1".

• Like 1