Resolution problems

SponGeBob<3

Im using lap top, and intel grapic card using 1920x1080. just dont get it why it does that. Ingame in silentmod i can change resolution by menu->options->resolution and it works well. Problem is just in jaymod mode and when changing in et homescreen manually by typing. 

Btw i cant edit my config. It says i cant edit becuz im not pc administrator? I have only one user in this computer and this one is pc admin ofc :D

I ask what connection do you have? and what state you come from?

Yesterday I saw you x the first time to play.

ok I had trouble connecting, but you were the only one I found it hard to kill, however good you are, but you also have a fast PC, to play at 1920 x 1080 and move so fast

I know the brand of your laptop model?

B)

i have 2 laptop 

HP Pavilion dv6700  Intel Core Duo T9300 @ 2.50 Ghz

win7 pro - win10 pro

4 GB ram ddr2

Geforce 8400 gs

monitor tv 24 full hd

i play with resolution 1024x768 r_displayrefresh 75

timedemo Fps 230

Lenovo Thinkpad T420 Intel i5 2520M @2.50 Ghz

win7 pro - win10 pro

4 GB ram ddr3

Intel Graphics HD 3000

monitor tv 28 hd ready

timedemo Fps 150

I ask what connection do you have? and what state you come from?

Yesterday I saw you x the first time to play.
ok I had trouble connecting, but you were the only one I found it hard to kill, however good you are, but you also have a fast PC, to play at 1920 x 1080 and move so fast
I know the brand of your laptop model?

B)

i have 2 laptop 

HP Pavilion dv6700  Intel Core Duo T9300 @ 2.50 Ghz
win7 pro - win10 pro
4 GB ram ddr2
Geforce 8400 gs
monitor tv 24 full hd
timedemo Fps 230

Lenovo Thinkpad T420 Intel i5 2520M @2.50 Ghz
win7 pro - win10 pro
4 GB ram ddr3
Intel Graphics HD 3000
monitor tv 28 hd ready

timedemo Fps 150

Haha :D Im from Finland and i have

HP pavilion 14

i3-7 100U processor 2.4GHz

4096MB DDR4 SDRAM

14" monitor

and i share my phones internet :P About 40 mbps. If i just could move 400m to north i would have 110mbps..... 

Im utilizzando lap top, e una carta di Grapic Intel utilizzando 1920x1080. solo non si ottiene è il motivo per cui lo fa. Ingame in silentmod posso cambiare risoluzione menu-> Opzioni-> risoluzione e funziona bene. Problema è solo in modalità jaymod e quando si cambia in et homescreen manualmente digitando. 

Btw non posso modificare il mio config. Si dice i cant modificare becuz non im amministratore pc? Ho solo un utente in questo computer e questo è PC OFC di amministrazione :D

The answer is very simple, et install in a different partition from c.
Or copy the cfg on the desktop, change it and then save the copy it back to c: / programs files / wolfenstein enemy territory / etmain

• 2 weeks later...

So my lap top somehow fukd itself. It opened the game zoomed again but i could fix it by run compatibility troubleshooter.

Now that problem came back. The game is zoomed. And when i exec my cfg it should fix the problem but not doing it now. tried to run compatibility troubleshooter and it shows it fixd it but when i go to game after that, same problem. changed icons also to 125% BUT Not fixing this.

Annoying. Please help me..

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory is an old game, and the designers never conceived that it would ever be played on a 1920×1080 screen resolution, so it was never coded to have that option in the Video Settings.

That being said, you can make a few modifications to your launcher shortcut, and run Enemy Territory at true native 1920×1080 resolution.

Glitch  encountered:

- changing video settings in the game will not revert back to 1920×1080 without a game restart after a settings change (such as texture quality, dynamic lighting, etc changes).  So, go set your quality levels for textures and everything prior to modifying your shortcut, then you should avoid encountering any of those issues.

- using alt+tab while playing to switch to another program or alt+enter to switch to windowed mode of the game won't allow you to go back to 1080p unless you relaunch the game aswell.

Right click your Enemy Territory shortcut, and hit Properties.

et-icon.png

Options to your shortcut:

(com_hunkmegs is not related to video settings, but a few extra megs will help your game performance.)

+r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

You can do so by adding them after the trailing quotation mark surrounding your program name, as show in the following screenshot:

et-settings.png

My full shortcut application path is as follows, since it’s not entirely visible above.  (The “Target” box above).

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

Next time you launch Enemy Territory, you should be presented with a full screen 1920×1080 gaming experience.  By the way, launch the game as administrator ofc.

Are you running ET on you screen native resolution? When you load a mod and quickly open console and scroll up, what resolution does it show ET is running?

If teh settings are not saved then move ET folder OUT of C:\Program Files, windwos doesn´t let to modify files inside "system folders" often.

• Like 1