Energy Saving Light Bulbs

Cpt Fudg3 Cak3

Good Or Bad?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are energy saving bulbs good?

• Yep they save teh seals and other cute things
    • No I prefer a lighted room
    • I want the cute dolphins and a well lit room!

So what do you think?

I personally hate the things. I don't turn my lights on for long and the energy saving bulbs when they finally do switch on produce the most pathetic amount of light EVAR! C'mon seriously my gameboy colour is a brighter light... Would like the bulbs if they saved the planet AND stopped me from knocking into stuff at night. :lol:

Sorry forgot the generic cute seal picture

cute_babys_T3515.jpg

Edited by Cpt Fudg3 Cak3

Almost every light bulb in my house is an energy saving one, most are 14-21W. You might say they give off that cold white light, but it doesn't bother me or the rest of my family. I have a neon light in my room so I guess I'm used to that pale color. They used to take long time to warm up and brighten up to full luminosity, while now it seems they don't do that anymore, just turn them on and they shine brightly.

Almost every light bulb in my house is an energy saving one, most are 14-21W. You might say they give off that cold white light, but it doesn't bother me or the rest of my family. I have a neon light in my room so I guess I'm used to that pale color. They used to take long time to warm up and brighten up to full luminosity, while now it seems they don't do that anymore, just turn them on and they shine brightly.

Might be an older style of energy saving bulbs cause mines never light up fully. They stay pathetic XD

Various reasons could be reasons for low intensity light form Power saving bulbs.

You could be using some cheap chinese bubs or they might be dirty due to dust on them.

All lights in my home are Power saving ones. First I also disliked them but eventually I got used to it.

Various reasons could be reasons for low intensity light form Power saving bulbs.

You could be using some cheap chinese bubs or they might be dirty due to dust on them.

All lights in my home are Power saving ones. First I also disliked them but eventually I got used to it.

Your probably right about the straight from Taiwan aspect.

So what do you think?

I personally hate the things. I don't turn my lights on for long

This is why yours never reach full brightness. Personally I use them quite a bit in my house, but in places like the bathrooms, kitchen etc I use incandescent. I use incandescent in the bathroom b/c the light given off by fluorescent bulbs is crap. In the kitchen I just like the brighter lights when I'm doing food prep, etc.

For the outside, I use them for our walkways etc. It's a very cheap alternative and lights up the yard nicely. LED lights are still to damn expensive and they slowly turn blue over time. Within a year or two the LED"s you buy today will look like that funky blue/white light given off by HIDs

I also have about 90% of my bulbs converted to these. Only problem was with one about a year ago. A bulb started to smolder and filled up a large portion of the house. I was at work wife and kids were home scared the hell out of them. Took the firefighters 20 minutes to locate the problem. It presented the same as a electrical fire so they were looking everywhere except at light bulbs. Of course thats just my dumb luck, after researching it the odds are 1:1,000,000 that you will have a bulb that smolders or burns.