Inactivity Kick

Symfony

I noticed on a few occasions that if players were getting killed or pushed around a lot that the inactivity kick to spec didn't work. Is this intentional or maybe just some sort of coincidence?

• Like 1

I guess he means Silent - it's true, if people bleed / tk them each time they spawn they can stay there all map AFK..

Same seems to apply for pushing.  I think the movement across the floor makes the time-out of inactivity reset.

Edited by Chuckun
  • Like 3

Silent. I think the timeout is 90 seconds right? It just seemed like longer. I don't have any demos or anything cause I wasn't really planning on posting it until I thought about how annoying that would get in a capturable flag area.

• Administrators

Silent. I think the timeout is 90 seconds right? It just seemed like longer. I don't have any demos or anything cause I wasn't really planning on posting it until I thought about how annoying that would get in a capturable flag area.

If it doesn't work for more then 90 seconds.. please let me know so i can look into it. 

If it doesn't work for more then 90 seconds.. please let me know so i can look into it. 

I believe that it doesn't but I am not 100% sure, however Chucken may have some more insight on it as they seem to know what I am talking about.

Another issue is that commonly, a player sits in spec for a minute, then moves out and when he dies, he just sits in spawn for another minute and it ends up hin being afk for half the map. Also I believe what symf is saying because I always hear regulars complaining yet, I hardly see a player getting moved to spec for being afk <------ on certain occasions. This probably because, like symf & chuck explained, other players are pushing and tbing them, resetting the countdown.

Perhaps lower it to 60 seconds? They can always rejoin once they come back but even a minute id long for a 15min map.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Another issue is that commonly, a player sits in spec for a minute, then moves out and when he dies, he just sits in spawn for another minute and it ends up hin being afk for half the map. Also I believe what symf is saying because I always hear regulars complaining yet, I hardly see a player getting moved to spec for being afk

Perhaps lower it to 60 seconds? They can always rejoin once they come back but even a minute id long for a 15min map.

pushing the player shouldn't reset their countdown. Which server we are talking about? inactivity is based on keyboard and mouse of client.

pushing the player shouldn't reset their countdown. Which server we are talking about? inactivity is based on keyboard and mouse of client.

Hardcore is where I noticed it.

• Like 1

Then perhaps its because of the other reason I stated. They go active then afk many times per game. So when accumulated, they are afk like,half the map time. Or a third at least but they aren't put to spec. Is this okay because a bot would be more useful in these cases. Lol.

• Platinum VIP

I've noticed it on Silent, too. Player is AFK in spec and someone will push him at spawn, out of the way, and the player doesn't get put to spec

You can make the server think you're​ there when your afk. I've never tried while on a team but I know it works against the inactivity kick you get on a full server. I wouldn't doubt some do this any time they walk away or tab out of game.

• Like 1

You can make the server think you're​ there when your afk. I've never tried while on a team but I know it works against the inactivity kick you get on a full server. I wouldn't doubt some do this any time they walk away or tab out of game.

Seems counterproductive especially for the ones that care about KR, if you just run up and knife them every time they respawn it will kill their KR fast, it is based on distance more than anything.

• Like 2

Another issue is that commonly, a player sits in spec for a minute, then moves out and when he dies, he just sits in spawn for another minute and it ends up hin being afk for half the map. Also I believe what symf is saying because I always hear regulars complaining yet, I hardly see a player getting moved to spec for being afk <------ on certain occasions. This probably because, like symf & chuck explained, other players are pushing and tbing them, resetting the countdown.

Personally, if I am spec or shoutcast, when the map first begins, I visit each spawn and if I see a player apparently AFK, I msg them to move or go spec and if there isn't  a response, then I put them spec. I believe it's crucial to try our best as admins to putspec before the above issue occurs. Lots of times maps are ruined because the first section of map gets rolled over bc teams seem even, yet 2 or 3 are afk and that throws off the balance. It only takes 30 secs to a minute sometimes for that to happen, a dyno or flag grab etc. If no admins are presnt, then the autospec is supposed to come into play. But, as it stands with me, I !putteam s before the 90 seconds elapses. Tighten up admins! see you all on HC.

P.S. I second Cheeps motion to set time at 60 seconds to alleviate the issue raised.

• Like 5