Formula 1 2017

Reptile*

The new cars look spectacular but I'm not sure whether the races will also become more spectacular to watch...I think on some occasions, it will definitely become harder to overtake since the cars are much broader now.

Had the same thought. I actually think it will be more boring. Overtaking will be easier on the straightlines though.. 

well, it doesnt matter if its easier to overtake, if mercedes is again 1sec faster each round. 80% of the races of 2016, the 2 mercedes drivers were gone at the first round, driving

1 and 2 from start till finish. I'm just afraid mercedes car will be overpowered again, and if we're all honest Botas aint the level of Lewis or Nico. 

To be short, easy title for Lewis I think 

well, it doesnt matter if its easier to overtake, if mercedes is again 1sec faster each round. 80% of the races of 2016, the 2 mercedes drivers were gone at the first round, driving

1 and 2 from start till finish. I'm just afraid mercedes car will be overpowered again, and if we're all honest Botas aint the level of Lewis or Nico. 

To be short, easy title for Lewis I think 

Agree. Bottas is definitely not used to this car yet and there is probably a good reason why Bottas has not been "first choise" when Mercedes was looking for a new driver to replace Rosberg. So Lewis surely has the upper hand.

• Platinum VIP

Watched a little bit last season but think I might try to watch as many gp's as I can this season hmm. Needed a hobby anyways

• Like 1

Felipe quit racing. 

I really hope Max Verstappen will bring fire this year!  B)

Lets hope for some epic Max moments like this again: 

I'm a Verstappen fan, he's a agressive pilot and ever show your habilities!!!

Agree. Bottas is definitely not used to this car yet and there is probably a good reason why Bottas has not been "first choise" when Mercedes was looking for a new driver to replace Rosberg. So Lewis surely has the upper hand.

True they dont need another season with 2 drivers fighting with eachother. Thats why they probably took Botas. Because previous season the negative relationship between

Lewis and Nico a big issue. 

Anyway I'm ready for the qualification :)

I bet:

1. Lewis

2. Verstappen

3. Vettel

• Like 1

I like the idea ferrari has gained gap over half a second. Not worried about the pace between Ham & Bot... yet. Give guys him a chance. :)

Red Bull is really struggling, kinda a surprise.

I think it was booring race, only great thing was when Ocon and Hülkenberg overtaked Nolonso (Alonso). After that Nolonso decided to retire hah. Good to see that Ferrari have some pace against Mercedes now, was disappointent to see Ricciardo to retire he is great driver and my favorite driver with Kimi. Let see what type of season is coming, but i hope more overtakes. In China track is better and we can see more overtakes than in Melbourne.

Edited by von Rantala

The race was very boring to watch. 

The drivers mention they lose a lot of downforce if they are within 2 secs of the guy in front... The new rules, although implemented to spice things up, might have an opposite effect when it comes to overtaking.

Hope things get better in China! 

• Like 1