Go Ahead...Laugh

Dingus

I've never "tweaked" a config before.  All the talk about it has my curiosity piqued.  Perhaps it would improve the gameplay...I don't know.

Here's me...suggestions?

CPU: Model + speed of the cpu --> (Intel® Core™ i7-4610M Processor
  • /3.00 GHz)
  • RAM: How much memory on your PC or Laptop --> (8GB)
  • Graphic Card: Model --> (I have a Dell e6440.  It’s integrated onto the motherboard.)
  • Monitor: Size of your screen + Resolution + Refresh Rate : 1600 x 900
  • Internet connexion and speed: xdsl or cable or modem --> (Sadly…xDSL)
  • Game graphics: High or ugly (you want to see all graphic details in the game Or you don't care cos you looking only for better performance.) I like the details, but don’t know how ugly can get.
  • What resolution you play with: Not your Monitor resolution but game resolution) --> (*)
  • What Sensitivity: you want for your mouse between 0.1 to 30 (default is 5) --> (5)
  • What Crosshair: see the picture below --> (7)
  • What FOV you want: see the picture below --> (90)
  • and if you want some specific binds please tell us what and with what key you want?
  • F1 - /MA
  •  

• 4 weeks later...

This is a bit late, but I noticed there aren't any replies so I figured i'd at least give you a few resources. 

Rather than right out the gate making your own CFG (Though you definitely can if you want to take the time), I suggest trying some of the old school player's configs to get familiar with the different looks and settings. Of course as I am sure you already know, using a different config doesn't guarantee you'll get better, but ET is one of those games where changing settings to fit your own preference can make you a lot more comfortable with the game. If you do wind up going through and trying some new ones out, i suggest making a backup of your current etconfig.cfg so you can go back to your old settings.

Here are a few places you can look:

http://antman.info/wolf/etpro/?path=configs/#.WOnExvkrLZ4

http://beta-gaming.de/et/IceQ/files/config/

http://etconfig.net/et_downloads/et-config/

Almost all of these configs use r_mode 4-8, so if you want to use your native resolution you can do it by using these commands:

r_mode -1

r_customwidth 1600

r_customheight 900

vid_restart

Also, if you like the details you may find r_picmip 0 to be the most effective command to maintain maximum texture quality, as most of these configs will be using r_picmip 3. Picmip 3 makes it more simplistic and easier to identify enemies, but that is subjective to the player. Just as many can say that enemies show up better with r_picmip 0, its all preference. 

If you actually do want to go through every command individually or plainly get definitions on what they do, http://etconfig.net/ is a great resource as well.

Sorry for the late reply, had I seen this earlier I would've answered sooner. Anyway, I have put a cringe-worthy amount of time into looking at everyone's individual settings and combining/implementing them in my own config, so if you have any questions feel free to reply or PM me  :D

[As a side note: I am not sure if you are already using a widescreen resolution, but If you want 90 FOV and you are used to 4:3, it may be best to use 106.27 if you end up switching to 1600x900. When switching from 4:3 to 16:9, the vertical FOV gets cut off quite a bit, making it look like you are looking through a toilet roll (at least for me). Using 106.27 FOV on 16:9 will keep the enemy the same size as they would appear on 4:3 at 90 FOV. It may not look weird at all to you and a lot of high skilled players use 90fov on 16:9, but just something to keep in mind. Check out the FOV comparison below.]

post-20605-0-39306100-1491723271_thumb.jpg

• Like 3