Linux Running ET

Soup

Hey everyone:

Been focusing on tweaking and setting up ET to run on Linux.

1.) Back in 2012 had it running great on Debian, just wondering how many others out there run Linux, and what flavor?

2.) I.E. Redhat, Mint, PCLinuxos, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSuSe etc...

3.) And why do you use the Distro that you do? Ease of friendly GUI like windows? Compatible with your drivers and system Video processor?

would love to hear from some of you. I run Kali a lot from a different laptop but this is geared toward different endeavors more along the lines of learning more advanced tasks.

Currently I'm in windows but this will change 2 weeks after I finish working out compatibility issues, and move my guid number.

Thx, just curious

Soup

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

DIstro is GUI version of linux for beginner people that jsut started using linux (like me, i use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS), trying to run et on linux, didn't find how to though, 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I ran it on an old distro of Ubuntu back in the day. Was like 12.04 I think. It's easy to run and I had to add some driver to get sound but i could never figure out how to exec a custom cfg. Now i have Mint on here as a dual boot and was thinking about trying it again

here's one of many downloads I found - http://linux.softpedia.com/get/GAMES-ENTERTAINMENT/FPS/Wolfenstein-Enemy-Territory-3948.shtml

You can use this to extract the program form the .tar after you d/l it - http://www.wikihow.com/Extract-Tar-Files-in-Linux