Cfg deletes settings

Spencer1086

My Cfg deletes all my game settings.

Can you be more specific? Maybe you meant that after executing your cfg settings are not being saved, so you have to execute your config each time you want to play?

good cfg must have vid_restart command typed the last line of the cfg, because some settings are not changed because they need the restart
I when I install the game I start the default cfg once, creating an avid runner lan after I close the game reopen it I connect to a server F | A jaymod, so I download the mod, once entered the server load my cfg, for first time, it changes all the settings and makes the restart, with vid_restart, after this step I close the game, then I open etmain and create autoexec.cfg with written inside exec etplayercfg.cfg safe and riconnetto me, so making the game calls the cfg automatically and does vid_restart

I am now ready  :D

I also noticed another problem related to the 5000 default rate command of the game, before you connect the first time
I open the default cfg etmain and exchange rate 5000 and 34000 head straight save and go out, when I soon connected to the server jaymod jaymod I open the menu, and change, autorate:

options

autorate on
max server
autorate off

imposed autorate off

I run my cfg
Now I do not get changed settings

• Leader

Each of your mods (silent, jay, noQuarter) each its own config.  If you don't save the changes made in a game to your etmain config, then your changes only affect the mod of the server you are on.  

I can remember that in my early ET days, when I was mystified that 'old' names kept showing up.  I didn't realize that the servers were using different mods. :)

Another thing is that some people can run ET without "run as admin".  That might mean that changes that you make might not be allowed to be written to your config by the OS.

There could be another problem that causes ET to restore the default config that it came with.