What sensitivity do you use

Haruhi Suzumiya

• Platinum VIP

What are your thoughts on Polling rate. Now that I'm back on a logi, the firmware lets me choose up to 1000, great for a Keyboard (which ironically the Logi software does NOT give you the option to change) but for a mouse?

in my personal opinion polling rate doesnt matter to an extent where I would actually reconsider buying an otherwise perfect mouse. Realistically the polling rate would only differ for a maximum of 5ms per refresh (AT MOST) and compared to our puny braincells and their reactiontime it hardly matters. 

But hey, if you are an iffy man than try to get a polling rate of 500 or 1000, even 250 should be more than fine

• Like 1

Polling rate of 1000 might cause system stability issues, 500 is mostly fine.

Edit: First I´d put out here a excellent description from Sunlight again: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/47888-et-is-still-power-hungry/?p=422461

Also did some testing and found out:

- http://mouseaccuracy.com/ my score seemed to go worse with polling rate of 125.

- in ET I didn´t notice any difference between playing with mouse set at 125PR or 1000PR, even with lower monitor refresh.

- 60Hz monitor refresh rate is awful- it´s tearing and feels so slow.

(I recall that some games like Fallout: New Vegas and some more go crazy on high DPI\PollingRate, if the screen starts to wobble up and down, it´s worth to try lower those settings)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Polling rate of 1000 might cause system stability issues, 500 is mostly fine.

Edit: First I´d put out here a excellent description from Sunlight again: https://fearless-assassins.com/topic/47888-et-is-still-power-hungry/?p=422461

Also did some testing and found out:

- http://mouseaccuracy.com/ my score seemed to go worse with polling rate of 125.

- in ET I didn´t notice any difference between playing with mouse set at 125PR or 1000PR, even with lower monitor refresh.

- 60Hz monitor refresh rate is awful- it´s tearing and feels so slow.

(I recall that some games like Fallout: New Vegas and some more go crazy on high DPI\PollingRate, if the screen starts to wobble up and down, it´s worth to try lower those settings)

I don't think polling rate would affect mouse when you are using a custom DPI and Sens. I just upped my DPI from 400 to 500 and it made a world of difference, btw

• Platinum VIP

I don't think polling rate would affect mouse when you are using a custom DPI and Sens. I just upped my DPI from 400 to 500 and it made a world of difference, btw

It doesnt affect the mouse, it can affect old cpu's. Not all old cpu's like getting information send to them every 1 ms (aka 1000Hz polling rate) but it shouldnt be a problem with modern equipment.

Polling rate has nothing to do with dpi nor sens, so Im not sure with you meant with what you said. also upping your dpi is the same as upping your ingame sens, its no sorcery :P

Hi guys,

Since I changed my Razer naga epic mouse to Logitech G100s I never could find the same sensitivity on ET, I think I'll go back to Razer sooner, missed that time so much  B)

Couple weeks ago i got new mouse with dpi chaging 800-1200-1600-2400, now i'm using 1600 o_o
Im not sure these settings really fit to me because im using windowed mode 800x600.

QuAhQ9UyNQQ.jpg

• Platinum VIP

Couple weeks ago i got new mouse with dpi chaging 800-1200-1600-2400, now i'm using 1600 o_o

Im not sure these settings really fit to me because im using windowed mode 800x600.

hmh well, I would not recommend sucha  dpi for sucha  low res. 800 should be fine but other than that. doesnt your mouse have drivers where you can mod your dpi in?

hmh well, I would not recommend sucha  dpi for sucha  low res. 800 should be fine but other than that. doesnt your mouse have drivers where you can mod your dpi in?

No, my mouse haven't drivers o_o (because it's cheap chinese mouse :D)

Just tried to play in fullscreen mode 1024x768. Didn't noticed something wrong, so i think it doesn't matter o_o  (or matter but not much)

EDIT: Just tried to change res in calculator, with changing res was changing only Actual VFOV/HFOV, so...

• Platinum VIP

Well, it shouldnt really be a problem. Its only that high dpi mouses move even quicker on low resolution since its measured in 'dpi' (whqt do you know!). Thats also why some mouses have these crazy high dpis since we already have shit like 4k resolution

Hi guys,

Since I changed my Razer naga epic mouse to Logitech G100s I never could find the same sensitivity on ET, I think I'll go back to Razer sooner, missed that time so much B)

As long as you know what dpi and et sensitivity you were running with your naga and what dpi you are using now with your g100, you can do the math to find what ET sensitivity you need to use to make them match.

Keep in mind that different mice will require different sensitivities to get the best results. The way you grip the mouse and how well the mouse slides on your pad will require a bit of sensitivity adjusting from mouse to mouse. One of the biggest factors that goes into it is the placement of the sensor on the bottom of the mouse. If you change to a mouse that results in the sensor being closer to your wrist you will have to move your mouse more than before to have the same degree of crosshair movement in game and vise versa.

*Bonus Edit*

Here's a short video from a few months ago.  I was using the Zowie FK1 at the time with a sensitivity of between 2.035 and 2.21.  I changed it a lot with that mouse.

Edited by Haruhi Suzumiya

Well I'm afraid it wont help with my mouse.

my sens is currently on 9.0, used to play on 4.7 with the old mouse.

Puni

I had a very great mouse for gameplay, and i used keep 1.0

With my new(f***in) mouse i use to keep 7.49 when i'm too smokeed to play :D and 2.66 when i'm enough awake to play xD