What sensitivity do you use

Haruhi Suzumiya

Why am I posting this ? :huh:

Oh yeah, to get some constructive feedback :D

mlq8l7xbf89w00j6g.jpg

Well, it's way too high for most people to control effectively. It takes some time to get used to, but if you can use a lower sensitivity (or, preferably, DPI) you'd probably see a bit of a skillboost.

• Platinum VIP

Here's mine, not that I really know what this is telling me

Capture_zpsw5gln7pk.jpg

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

We're comparing 360 degree rotation so others can get a feel for what type of mouse movement is involved while watching someone play.

Ex.  You have to move your mouse 6.392"/16.235cm to spin 360 degrees in game.  

• Like 1

have you ever tried to even out your sense and dpi a little more? like f.e. 700DPI with 3.6sense should result in the same cm/360.

am wondering if you notice a difference in smoothness

Hmm I could try changing it the next time I play. Currently busy playing the new Zelda so it couldtake some time.

I actually played with 1600 dpi a few weeks ago but switching between 1600 for et and 2800 for windows was annoying so I changed it to what I use now. I tried using the Roccat Windows-Profile but I crashed the software because of my habit to tap out of the game for 1-2 seconds to run a game on my android-emulator.

• Platinum VIP

Boki sent me a neat link earlier.  It's a sensitivity converter so you can match your mouse settings to different games... but that's not how we'll be using it here! 

I'm always curious to others mouse settings, the distance of mouse movement to what I'm seeing on screen in particularly, and this tool will calculate it w/o the need for a tape measure.  I've always enjoyed putting "a name to a face" in terms of aim.  Many players ask other players for their settings and this is the only true way to really pass along the information.  There's no option for those that use accel but.. you shouldn't be using it anyways :P

http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

Here's what I came up with.  Seems to be spot on.

lol Converted CM, mine is just over 8, yours is 51! jeezuz! 

• 2 weeks later...

It shows if one plays with "lowsens" or "highsens" because DPI, mouse sensitivity set in windwos settings and mouse sensitivity set in game settings all contribute to the speed with which your crosshair moves in game.  And there´s no way to they which play style a player uses by just saying in game chat "I´m using sensitivity set to 10". Some could say a player who has set mouse sensitivity to 10 in-game is a "highsens" player, while in reality it takes for the player >40cm\16inch to move the mouse in order to make full circle (360 degrees) in game with a character- see example below. And in contrast to the first impression its more of a style of a "lowsens" player.

Though I´m not so sure where the "lowsens" and "highsens" line is drawn but I guess its somewhere in between 30cm?

Example of a game settings where 10 would have been set for in-game mouse sensitivity:

post-3155-0-75611700-1489839758_thumb.jpg

I don't know if this is helpful but I have a 7€ optical logitech mouse (regular mouse), I play 1920x1080, my fov is set to 120 and my mouse sensitivity is 1.3. And I configured all those effects associated to running so I have a smooth and linear ingame navigation (rly helps).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Boki sent me a neat link earlier.  It's a sensitivity converter so you can match your mouse settings to different games... but that's not how we'll be using it here! 

I'm always curious to others mouse settings, the distance of mouse movement to what I'm seeing on screen in particularly, and this tool will calculate it w/o the need for a tape measure.  I've always enjoyed putting "a name to a face" in terms of aim.  Many players ask other players for their settings and this is the only true way to really pass along the information.  There's no option for those that use accel but.. you shouldn't be using it anyways :P

http://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/

Here's what I came up with.  Seems to be spot on.

Perhaps you could help me calculate my sensitivity?

I got new mouse and laptop, and the sens i use now is way too high :D

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Perhaps you could help me calculate my sensitivity?

I got new mouse and laptop, and the sens i use now is way too high :D

Only thing you need to figure out is the default dpi of your previous and current mouse. The sensetivity that fits the calculation can be quite easily estimated (especially using the link)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

What are your thoughts on Polling rate. Now that I'm back on a logi, the firmware lets me choose up to 1000, great for a Keyboard (which ironically the Logi software does NOT give you the option to change) but for a mouse?