Wolf ET : Experienced Players - Enemy Territory

CheepHeep

When i kill myself i use this bind : bind z "kill;forcetapout" . I think it is a handy bind for beginning players. 

I use this too! Very useful indeed! Will add that in soon! Thanks!

Sound is the best wallhack available for ET, and it isn't even a hack. Many people are very noisy because they themselves do not pay attention to sounds

This is why I have s_stop combined with my jump button. Easy to stop vsays/airstrike noise, etc.

bind mouse2 "+moveup; s_stop"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The following command should present more prominently in the article:

timerset <interval>

where <interval> is 14 against offense, 18 against defense ((usually) on hardcore). The reader has to dig into the other link, where again it is buried under text. It deserves that same, if not more, service given to the class command.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

When i kill myself i use this bind : bind z "kill;forcetapout" . I think it is a handy bind for beginning players. 

I use this too! Very useful indeed! Will add that in soon! Thanks!

I use mouse3 for kill mostly cause it's easy access, and fast when I want to avoid a panzer kill (and probably get called a slew of names for it :D)

• Like 1

Game Sense and Awareness
8. Constructing – You can instantly predict where Engineers are when you hear this sound.

On nq1(and i think on other servers too) constructing sound is triggered only by START of construction, not when u construct exactly, so u can use this sound to lure enemies that are near, even it needed to switch weapons.

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

I use mouse3 for kill mostly cause it's easy access, and fast when I want to avoid a panzer kill (and probably get called a slew of names for it :D)

I do the same and mouse 4 is for Activate, mouse 5 for crouch

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few binds that are useful:

This is a standard FPS Toggle, it could be done infinitely as long as you echo to the first fps.

bind j "vstr fps_change"
set fps_change "vstr fps_76"
set fps_76 "com_maxfps 76; echo 76; set fps_change vstr fps_125"
set fps_125 "com_maxfps 125; echo 125; set fps_change vstr fps_333"
set fps_333 "com_maxfps 333; echo 333; set fps_change vstr fps_76"

This one is a good tapout one: bind k "kill; forcetapout; say_team ^x/^7killed"

This good for when you have maps like cortex and you cant see your sight dot:

bind del "vstr crosshair_color"
set crosshair_color "vstr crosshair_red"
set crosshair_blue "cg_crosshairColor blue; cg_crosshairColorAlt blue; echo ^4Crosshair color blue; set crosshair_color vstr crosshair_red"
set crosshair_red "cg_crosshairColor red; cg_crosshairColorAlt red; echo ^1Crosshair color red; set crosshair_color vstr crosshair_cyan"
set crosshair_cyan "cg_crosshairColor cyan; cg_crosshairColorAlt cyan; echo ^5Crosshair color cyan; set crosshair_color vstr crosshair_lightblue"
set crosshair_lightblue "cg_crosshairColor 0xa0c0ff; cg_crosshairColorAlt 0xa0c0ff; echo ^dCrosshair color Light Blue; set crosshair_color vstr crosshair_olive"
set crosshair_olive "cg_crosshairColor 0xA0FFC0; cg_crosshairColorAlt 0xA0FFC0; echo ^MCrosshair color olive; set crosshair_color vstr crosshair_white"
set crosshair_white "cg_crosshairColor white; cg_crosshairColorAlt white; cg_crosshairColorAlt white; echo ^7Crosshair color White; set crosshair_color vstr crosshair_blue"

You know when you load a map and it's darker than the previous one, This is a good cycle. You can change the gamma numbers to adjust for your screens. They all are different:

// GAMMA!
// use - & + to cycle through gammas
bind KP_PLUS "vstr gup"
bind KP_MINUS "vstr gdn"
set gdn vstr gamma10
set gup vstr gamma11
set gamma00 "set r_gamma 1.9;set gdn vstr gamma10;set gup vstr gamma01;echo ^pGamma^1MIN^2========="
set gamma01 "set r_gamma 2.0;set gdn vstr gamma00;set gup vstr gamma02;echo ^pGamma^2=^1|^2=========="
set gamma02 "set r_gamma 2.1;set gdn vstr gamma01;set gup vstr gamma03;echo ^pGamma^2==^1|^2========="
set gamma03 "set r_gamma 2.2;set gdn vstr gamma02;set gup vstr gamma04;echo ^pGamma^2===^1|^2========"
set gamma04 "set r_gamma 2.3;set gdn vstr gamma03;set gup vstr gamma05;echo ^pGamma^2====^1|^2======="
set gamma05 "set r_gamma 2.4;set gdn vstr gamma04;set gup vstr gamma06;echo ^pGamma^2=====^1|^2======"
set gamma06 "set r_gamma 2.5;set gdn vstr gamma05;set gup vstr gamma07;echo ^pGamma^2======^1|^2====="
set gamma07 "set r_gamma 2.6;set gdn vstr gamma06;set gup vstr gamma08;echo ^pGamma^2=======^1|^2===="
set gamma08 "set r_gamma 2.7;set gdn vstr gamma07;set gup vstr gamma09;echo ^pGamma^2========^1|^2==="
set gamma09 "set r_gamma 2.8;set gdn vstr gamma08;set gup vstr gamma10;echo ^pGamma^2=========^1|^2=="
set gamma10 "set r_gamma 2.9;set gdn vstr gamma09;set gup vstr gamma11;echo ^pGamma^2==========^1|^2="
set gamma11 "set r_gamma 3.0;set gdn vstr gamma010;set gup vstr gamma00;echo ^pGamma^2===========^1MAX"

Any of the bound keys can be changed for ones you dont use or may be more comfortable with. 

I forgot to mention one. When i get on a server. I have my cfgs bound to 2 keys for 2 different cfgs, it autoloads them and vid_restarts as well:

bind = "exec Sl@yer.cfg;vid_restart;"

I have - bound for a Sl@yer2.cfg for when I'm sniping.

• Like 2

Yeah just a few... 

LOL. Will Edit them in soon. Thanks mate!

I have more as well . I'll get them together.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Credit to all those giving ideas.

Im having such a headache editing this thing. Every time i edit....some of the fonts change. Things that are underlined arent underlined anymore....spoilers disappear...quotes disappear...Ive tried to edit this thing 5 times and its still got formatting issues...

You can view it but there are some formatting issues. I just cant be bothered to fix them now. I dont know why things are being changed without me doing anything.

I think I've fixed everything now so it should look a little better than before. Apologies for the delay though!  

Thanks again to all you guyss input! Its only making this tutorial more informative and helpful! Credit goes to you guys! If you have any more ideas that you think I could add to this tutorial, please go ahead and post here! 

I have this thingy for fops: seen too many times how ppl waste airstrikes and throw those where ever randomly. The way it works (atleast on silent, etpub and etpro as standard way) is, that lets say you throw the airstrike can straight ahead and keep on looking the same direction. The place it lands, the airstrike hits from left to right (right to left also?). In other words it is a T shape where you are the I and airstrike is the -

So if you throw it far enough, you are safe where you are standing, no need to run like headless chicken away from it :D

Here it took me months to do this example of the airstrike hit :D

post-17370-0-09994200-1498408376_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 4/5/2017 at 11:58 AM, Krepox said:

you're still a beginner, the bind for the real professional player is this

bind 1 "weaponbank 4; wait 120; + attack; wait 20; -attack; wait 10; kill; forcetapout"

With this bind you always leave a grenade on the ground when you commit suicide, 50% will kill your killer

• Haha 1