Do You Guys Pee in Pools?

CheepHeep

Have you peed in a swimming pool before?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have you peed in a swimming pool before?

• Yes, I am a nub
    • No ( Im Lying )

Cheep News

I am guilty of this and I know most of you guys that swim have done this too.... Here's an article that explains how much urine may be accumulated and the effects it has on our body. No more public pools for me thanks! I know why it smells the way it does now!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even though Olympic swimmers have admitted doing it, peeing in the pool is not a condoned practice. Urine contributes to the formation of compounds in pool water that can be harmful to people's health. Now scientists are tackling a new way to monitor water quality: by measuring how sweet it is. Their report appears in ACS' journal Environmental Science & Technology Letters.

Recent studies have shown that nitrogenous compounds (e.g., urea) in urine and sweat react with chlorine to form disinfection byproducts (DBPs), including trichloramine, that can cause eye irritation and respiratory problems. Xing-Fang Li, Lindsay K. Jmaiff Blackstock and colleagues say this evidence has highlighted the need for improved understanding of pool chemistry to raise awareness and educate the public on the importance of swimming hygiene practices.

To estimate how much urine -- and potentially DBPs -- might be in a given pool, Li's team needed to identify what compound might consistently be present in urine. So the researchers turned to the artificial sweetener, acesulfame potassium (ACE), which is marketed as Sunett and Sweet One.

The sweetener, which is often used in processed foods like sodas, baked goods and even in other sweeteners, is widely consumed, chemically stable and passes right through the digestive tract and into consumers' urine.

The researchers developed a rapid, high-throughput analytical technique to test more than 250 water samples from 31 actively used pools and hot tubs in two Canadian cities, and more than 90 samples of clean tap water used to initially fill the basins.

The concentration of ACE in the pools and hot tubs ranged from 30 to 7,110 nanograms per liter of water -- up to 570 times more than the levels found in the tap water samples.

Based on the concentrations of the sweetener, the researchers estimated that swimmers released more than 7 gallons of urine -- enough to fill a medium-size trash bin -- in a 110,000-gallon pool in one instance, and nearly 20 gallons in a 220,000-gallon pool (one-third the size of an Olympic-size pool) in another instance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So spill guys! Have you done this or not? :P Ive added a poll. It will be anonymous but if you are brave enough to admit to us that you are guilty of contributing to health problems through peeing in pools, then you may post down below.

Ive admitted it, SO CAN YOU :D

Source :https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170301084913.htm

• Platinum VIP

Never have and never will understand the joy of it, alwats peed at the restroom or at a nice looking tree if I was at the lake.

Do you tuck your **** out or do you pee in your pants? I have always wondered this

• Like 1

Never have and never will understand the joy of it, alwats peed at the restroom or at a nice looking tree if I was at the lake.

Do you tuck your **** out or do you pee in your pants? I have always wondered this

I used to do it up to the age of 13 because I was too lazy to get out and go to the bathroom. I always needed to go as soon as I got into the pool, the water gives you the urge to urinate. And no lol, I did it in my pants...haha. Then I grew wings and peed from above.

• Like 1

Ewww no. Why man? Spring is drawing near. Why now man? Why do this? CHEEP WHY?!?

This was gonna be my year too. Was actually going to go outside and maybe think about how it could be nice to go for a swim. Not anymore... and you did this.

• Like 1

I don't swim in pools for this reason, and i don't want to swim in other peoples gross skin cells + who knows what else.

Makes me cringe just thinking about it.