ET Ping Scoreboard vs Serverstatus

Alita

I was wondering why the ping shown in the scoreboard is different than that shown when you do a /serverstatus? Some have a higher ping and a few have a slightly lower ping.

No biggie...was just wondering.

Edited by Alita

Well the ping isn't a fixed digit. It is ever changing and is updated every second on the scoreboard, so obviously it will differ slightly to the number given in the console using /serverstatus because the number provided here is the ping at the time you typed that cmd in the console and not a real time view of the players ping. I think..... Not everyone has a super stable internet connection :P

• Like 3

Well, I get that, but the numbers can differ quite a bit. For example, the scoreboard usually shows me at 70-75 and I generally have a flat lagometer, but /serverstatus will show me at 98-101. I get this result every time I try it and I'll check it when only bots are on.  .cute usually has 0-4, but /serverstatus will show him around 30.

Edited by Alita

• Leader

Well, I get that, but the numbers can differ quite a bit. For example, ...

Very interesting observation!   :hmm

• Like 1

Beh, ho capito che, ma i numeri possono variare un po '. Ad esempio, il quadro di valutazione di solito mi mostra a 70-75 e io in genere hanno un lagometer piatta, ma / ServerStatus mi mostrerà a 98-101. Ottengo questo risultato ogni volta che provo e io controllerò quando solo i bot sono. .cute ha di solito 0-4, ma / ServerStatus lo mostrerà circa 30.

I tried now, to me by 51 and on the other hand if I press tab'm 37, but I do it because I put timenudge to -50 thou hast to zero?

• Clan Friend

They are different because they are calculated in a different way. They aren't the same thing. I forgot how the ping in the scoreboard works and I'm too lazy atm to check it (it also depends on the mod you play because some mods have changed the original code), but the 'real' ping is the serverstatus one, actually even better the one you get with the ping command.

• Like 3

Thank you! I had done a ping command before and had gotten ~82 but didn't mention that as that was going to complicate things even more.