Evolve and ETL

DoubleDragon
Go to solution Solved by DoubleDragon,

• Solution

Took a few mins to understand this. The overlay works but takes a few trys at first to get the blur from alpha channel to stop and the menu works . This is all it should require I got it to work in a few mins will send it to them so they can use it now. It says it could take two weeks to apply it to the update system.

If you want to add this to et legacy if you use it open C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Echobit\Evolve\gamesdb.xml

Add this code to it on the bottom before the last </games> using notepad++ or equivalent notepad and save it not save as if it asks to make new file your doing it with the wrong notepad. Tho this will not update the gameslist and it will create a new gamesdb.xml called tmp until the update is released it will still work in game. Looking into the 2.0 Beta see if it works differently.

That is all enjoy :)

In case will upload it to gdrive so you can just open the file path and copy it there cause it's to big to attach. Do note if you have other games installed this will not change the library of games just updates the list of games until they approve it. Its called gamesdb.zip in my gdrive folder

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8gNLkPANLuxeWJ3anJlQU9fSFU

EDIT: The cursor is locked cant use in game menu so will have to turn overlay off but it does track so sorry its something to do with the unbind of cmd window.

<game>
<id>10044</id>
<name>Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory - Legacy</name>
<conditions>
              <cond name="is-etl-exe-present" type="exe-present" exe="etl.exe"/>
              <cond name="has-qagame_mp_x86-dll" type="file-present" file="{exedir}legacy\qagame_mp_x86.dll"/>
</conditions>
<detection>
     <variant order="1" name="default">
              <if cond="is-etl-exe-present"/>
              <if cond="has-qagame_mp_x86-dll"/>
     </variant>
</detection>
<runtime>
     <features>
             <overlay enabled="false" />
             <forcebind enabled="true" />
     </features>
</runtime>
</game>
Edited by DoubleDragon
  • Like 3

Still waiting on this

Game Proposal Status

Accepted as Enemy Territory - Legacy by OODA

Details: 
 Thanks for your submission! We accepted it 3 days ago. Your detection rule will be pushed out shortly and will sync with your client sometime in the next 4 to 8 hours.

Our Notes: 
We have no notes for you at this time.

ok it works now my mistake :)

Edited by DoubleDragon

Add me if you want it tracks users time played for etl my user name is doubledragon07

hehe didn't know they were going to use information I submitted well I would have worded it better lol

https://www.evolvehq.com/games/5331