Repair map suggestions

DoubleDragon

As it says if you got a map you have problems with bring it in here I will either fix it or show you how to. I was going to try this with the last group I hang out with but there was to much gut wrenching cut throat lying and deceiving going on so I'll just throw my self under the bus this time with some faith. Not with nothing to prove or to take away from any one's abilities to learn teach or have social conversation with and with out being disrespectful for trying to help you. I don't like being disrespected if that ever happens you might be doing it alone ask the last group.

As for Baserace I already know where the issue is just will take time to sort out some of the scripting and remove 77 corona entities so silent wont bug out again do Note: Only doing it for Silent mod every other mod is okay if someone wants to make their own or use old ones.

If you have any pictures I mean clan pictures if you want to make it your map like baserace_silent_fa throw them in here to don't be shy more the merrier 

Currently trying to build maps but my xp has took a nose dive with this motherboard not letting me use 3rd party driver to go around nvidia so I can make roq files so there will be down time before I can do what I planned. I find it difficult to get ffmpeg to compile from dos or get quake movie maker to compile images that are correct while using windows 10 64 bit cause it's missing video codec's for old systems. So if you have xp installed don't lose it that is the last system I was able to write a RoQ file on with no problems.

Any ways just a way to help that is all I see very few have interests in editing but maybe they have ideas about what they would like to see that is all. :)

• Like 6

You are just plain, amazingly, majestically awesome. We need more people like you. The amount of input you have had in the past few weeks since you've signed up is just undeniably amazing. Keep it up and join us already :P

• Like 1

I've been away to long it's either all in now or none at all lost time has to be made up. I've tried contacting Warchest to resolve a user name issue so I could claim my old account but it has my sisters name on it because she was trying at that time to play and used my email address went to try a couple weeks ago and they don't reply back or answer support questions cause they some how have restrictions on changing names of a User account so they lost out. Personally I learned all I know from self teaching some sites have provided some scripting definitions but I picked up most of my coding experience when I was like 10 maybe self taught had desire to learn then it became a natural thing. One thing I have learned over time is never be cocky about it you will never know it all and never beat your self down cause you don't know it. Everything is man made and it can be fixed that is for sure.

• Like 4

Currently trying to build maps but my xp has took a nose dive with this motherboard not letting me use 3rd party driver to go around nvidia so I can make roq files so there will be down time before I can do what I planned. I find it difficult to get ffmpeg to compile from dos or get quake movie maker to compile images that are correct while using windows 10 64 bit cause it's missing video codec's for old systems. So if you have xp installed don't lose it that is the last system I was able to write a RoQ file on with no problems.

Win XP is still used in a lot of ATM's around the world. It has support only for big companies. It can be used as desktop updated however using an hack - or crack if you prefer - that works great. The workaround is on the darkweb you can try it on a virtual machine. As for ffmpeg does wonders with unix.

• Like 1

Im trying to stick with window10 64 bit and did a shrink to fit windows xp in and lord never do that xp has to be driven on it's own partition

So I've gone back to ubuntu 14.04 to just use the ffmpeg but again I find same problem it's cropping my images after format from 512x384 it's what quake movie maker suggests which I tried 256x256 and 512x512 I can only guess it's cause their being done using 64bit format 

Basically to get the best animation with the least amount of entites in game that is all I really hate to fall back to just script movers they look very cheap and cosume users game play up. RoQ video's are just shaders like any other :/

FFmpeg can en/decode RoQ files with linux.

For ffmpeg since you're familiar with apt.

Download debian sid (testing): http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/ *(choose your architecture)/current/images/netboot/mini.iso

«"Advanced options" -> "Expert install". In the step "Choose a mirror of the Debian archive" choose version "sid - unstable".»

Add multiarch-support - just in case.

Install the following package: https://packages.debian.org/sid/ffmpeg

You have other options to install the latest package. Any doubts feel free to pm me.

Edited by zrong

Flame-guards warzone Enemy Territory map has that spawn bug where Axis spawn in the shelf on last spawn...

I've looked at the spawnpoints in Omni-bot(/bot draw spawns) and there's only a few, So when there's many players,

Some spawn beyond the actual spawnpoints.  In the shelves, There are no spawnpoints.

Can this shelves area be clipped( made not accessable)?  Without decompiling the map BSP?

I don't think the map source-code is available.  You lose many entities if you decompile a map.

I think a mapscript can clip an area.  Omnibot dev menu has an option to list map coordinates,

That may help... 

If they are spawning in the shelf the only solution is to move the entities don't really think you can clip a player spawn position if you mean as in origin location you would really have to decompile it to find the exact spot that is a long shot being there's 32 entities per spawn per team and they don't come in any specific order they're all named the same.  But I've never added a map clip by script from out side gtk. I see what your saying but I don't think I've seen it done.

If you could go ahead and fix every map on Jay 1 to be like this, that'd be great.  Don't forget to add music so everyone can party in sync :D

• Like 1