Dirty Bomb Dirty Bomb FPS issue

Mr.Karizmatic

Well my fps in this game is going down and down and down. It use to be between 60-75 but now its below 15 or sometimes 8fps. Its very hard to play this game. i love this game but due to shit fps i cant even fckng play normally. tried alot of stuff , made all the settings to low still nothing. Reinstalled the game,any help will be great :)

Im kinda busy being I haven't slept today, can't offer a opinion cause I have no clue what your working on or what game. The request is kinda vague being you posted in PC Gaming - Discussion  → Other Games. Can teamview later if you catch me before I fall out.

Processor : 
Name:  Intel® Core i7 CPU M 640 @ 2.80GHz
Manufacturer:  Intel
Speed:  2.8 GHz
Category:  Mainstream
Generation:  8th
Brand:  Core i7
Cores:  2

Graphics : 

Name:  NVIDIA GeForce GT 420M
Chipset:  GeForce GT 420M
Manufacturer:  NVIDIA
Memory:  973.6 MB
Category:  Mainstream
Generation:  15th
DirectX:   11

If it's been gradually slowing down old age maybe kicking in. If you have cleaned it so much your tired of cleaning it then it's not on the OS it's probably the external parts. The graphics card can get full of dust and the heat might cause the chip on the video card to slow down. If your not playing does it lag watching movies or opening windows like explorer. Many things other then installations of programs can cause lag on old hardware. Can you give more information about what type of pc your running Windows 10 on and what game you are trying to play. And for dual core processors that's going to slow down over time as well. I run frequent compilers and I have to eventually change out the thermal paste maybe something you could consider if this is a old laptop. Can you give the build manufacturer and model number of the tablet or laptop, M 640 is mobile processor about all I know about the board your working with.

Laptop name : acer aspirte 5745 G 

Manufacture date is : 2010/09/02

there was this number : LXR6U0204603512f1e2500

and all other games are working great with good fps above 100 or above 60. only this game got issues. No other issue with browsing or playing videos etc everything is good.

tried all the youtube videos .

Apparently this is a old laptop cause there's so many variations but none with 640M 2 core processor some with 330 specs it calls for a smaller chip not sure if you upgraded the chip. For one I think the pc would be better with a quad core but Is very difficult to know what bio's are on the laptop to match a quad to it would require the bio's model and number most times it's when it boots up. Don't want to send you through a lot of research it's either the card or the processor my money's on the processor getting hot that one runs a max temp of 105 the 330 run at 100 max a quad would run cooler and the pc would run better I'd try to look for bios type to get the information to a quad that would be cheap cause I bought one on ebay for 20$ and it's still running after 2yrs. Increased the system's performance a lot after this and would help yours if you had. Have you tried cleaning the cooling fan by disassembling the laptop if it's never been clean there is video's on youtube that can show you how takes less then a hour to figure it out. Any way this is the closest I could get to matching the type of cpu 

920XM its identical to the dual core. its Quad DDR3 1066 pin count compatiable with PGA988 64-bit supported intel sells it for 300$ its on Ali Express for 60$ used just a thought specs if you wanna compare.

http://ark.intel.com/products/43126/Intel-Core-i7-920XM-Processor-Extreme-Edition-8M-Cache-2_00-GHz <------ this one works half as hard with 4 cores and 8 processes

http://ark.intel.com/products/49666/Intel-Core-i7-640M-Processor-4M-Cache-2_80-GHz <------ this ones working very hard on 2 cores and 4 processes

Before buying anything it's best to be sure that is it. If it's never been clean before I'd suggest to try to cause it's over 15 years old. 

Also the second set of number you gave no clue what those are. The model of the mother board would be useful . And again thermal paste will cause the lag in a dual core if it's over heating. Wish I could say more but still missing information with out the manufacturer specs.

All the above is state with the idea that you have cleaned your system alot and it's clean now.

In case I'm forgetting anything can you run this when it starts up choose the scan now and create log file when it opens save it to the desktop and attach it to the site or copy paste it here. Only do this if you have scanned and cleaned with other utilities and it's still got lag. This program will make apps stop working and cause the system to have issues please don't attempt to clean with it your self unless you have done it before. It displays all registery keys that have run function or is enabled it will be a long file if you never used it before.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/trend_micro_hijackthis.html

• Like 1

well there is some voice coming out of fan, but  i have changed the fan and everything recenlty like not more than 6months i think. I also think its the processor which got old. But i just now installed new graphic drivers lets see if that doesnt resolve i shall sure take it to service and if still not resolved gonna buy new one, not soon but thats the only option.

thx alot mate u helped me alot :) thx.

edit : lol the new drivrs made it drop to 3fps now i cant play shittttt.

Edited by Mr.Karizmatic

Want to add one other thing Windows 10 64bit pulls a lot of resources and the dual core maybe reading a little bit slow cause the laptop was recommended for Windows 7 . Have you disabled any of Microsoft's reporting services their installed during first installation of the system there was options to turn cortana off and the reporting if you havent you may need to disable them to. This doesn't turn off the services just the connection between the system and Microsoft so they don't be sucking your bandwidth up with out you knowing.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/spybot_anti_beacon_for_windows_10.html

Cortana is disabled in group policies under administrative templates , windows components, search. Note tho this will disable the function to search services but in your case wouldn't hurt to try and get the 30-40 mbs or ram free and the services cut down by 1 more. gpedit is used in run

You will need to remember this or save this as well once cortana is off C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows System

Or create a desktop shortcut on the desktop right click, new, shortcut, will ask for destination folder replace the %username% with your pc name. Cause you will spend a lot of time looking for Run and Command Prompt. The Windows 10  Home Edition has no Group Policy. With out group policy Id advise against using regedit to modify cortana best to just turn search off in services. If Volume Shadow Copy is on in services disable it as well you will gain some game play with that off.

Note: if Cortana is turned off in GP the search will be off tho leaving Cortana on and disabling search in services does turn search off Cortana will be still running that is what the above destination folder is for you to remember where the heck run is located or you can take the yellow brick road through the drive to find it cause they wont let you shortcut run Edit: Shortcut run to start button I mean.

turn-off-cortana.jpg

Edited by DoubleDragon