Help with F|A BEGINNERS 24/7

muir323

post-20546-0-77309000-1486781372_thumb.jpg

I have tried everything and I can not get on the server. Reinstalled the game, worked on server cache. Every trick I could find online. Anyone have any ideas what I can do? 

Edited by muir323

attachicon.gifHelp2.jpg

I have tried everything and I can not get on the server. Reinstalled the game, worked on server cache. Every trick I could find online. Anyone have any ideas what I can do? 

What error does it give you when you try to connect to the server?

What error does it give you when you try to connect to the server?

"Server connection timed out" and it is the only server that does it. I can get on FA Killstreak and any other server. Just not FA Beginner 24/7 and I have played the server for awhile now. I load the game up and the server name won't show up just the address like the picture shows.  

did you check the server listing...i know it sounds weird but if you can find it on the server list then you should be able to connect. if not there could be a couple other reasons

I had this problem a long tI me ago... Try resetting g your router... like a factory reset.. I once found a solution involving port forwarding... but I didn't know the password for the router so I just reset the router to factory and once I re-setup the Internet and stuff, beginners worked again 

If you are running COD4 on Steam, try verifying the game cache, and you can also increase the timeout time by going to where the game is installed and going to players\profiles\string\config_mp.cfg and adding this line to it  cl_connectionAttempts "30"

Also make sure you are running COD4 as administrator.

Try this and let me know if it doesn't work, and I'll dig a little deeper.

EDIT: Also make sure Steam is being run as administrator if you are using Steam, and add an exception in your firewall for iw3mp.exe, which can be found in your COD4 installation folder.

Edited by Bow_In_Honor
  • Like 1

did you check the server listing...i know it sounds weird but if you can find it on the server list then you should be able to connect. if not there could be a couple other reasons

In the picture he posted it shows the server address which is right so idk.

I had this problem a long tI me ago... Try resetting g your router... like a factory reset.. I once found a solution involving port forwarding... but I didn't know the password for the router so I just reset the router to factory and once I re-setup the Internet and stuff, beginners worked again

I am currently trying this one to see. I hope it works!

If you are running COD4 on Steam, try verifying the game cache, and you can also increase the timeout time by going to where the game is installed and going to players\profiles\string\config_mp.cfg and adding this line to it cl_connectionAttempts "30"

EDIT: Also make sure Steam is being run as administrator if you are using Steam, and add an exception in your firewall for iw3mp.exe, which can be found in your COD4 installation folder.

Thanks Bow In Hunter, I will see how resetting my router does and if not I will try what you suggest and let you know!!!

If you are running COD4 on Steam, try verifying the game cache, and you can also increase the timeout time by going to where the game is installed and going to players\profiles\string\config_mp.cfg and adding this line to it  cl_connectionAttempts "30"

None of that worked. I also took out COD4X out and it didn't work as well. So I am lost at this point.

Verify you have a direct ping to the server from your house see if your connection is timed out in route. start-run-cmd type tracert ip with out port # and see if you have long or timed out route to the server.

None of that worked. I also took out COD4X out and it didn't work as well. So I am lost at this point.

Hmm... I'll look into it more but for now make sure you have PunkBuster installed, and in the COD4 options you have it enabled before you join the server.