Stupid crap in these TV series is driving me crazy....

Ol Smoke

The stuff these TV shows try to pawn off as being real things that people can do, is getting ridiculous.

Like these from just this week.

McGyver.

I used to steal cars when I was a little guy, until the keylock got moved to the steering column.  Then it became more trouble than it was worth.

In this weeks episode it shows Mac using his foot to move the column shifter to the neutral point and then he jumped the motor with a knife blade and then drove the car.

All from the backseat.

This is as stupid as it gets.  First of all.  You MUST have your foot on the brake to move the shifter.  Then you have to have the key in the key lock moved to the on position.

Then you can start the car but not in neutral.  The car must be in Park to start.  Neutral doesn't work anymore.  They accomplished this feat all the while,  when they were

coasting backwards down a hill.

The second stupid thing is this.  He made a bump key with a little file on his swiss army knife.  NO NO NO  Bump keys are specific to the lock style. You cant just file for two seconds

and make one.  You have to design and test it for days until you get it to work.

Scorpion

Don't even get me started on this lame ass show.  The stuff they do in this show should be left in the comic books from which it came.  Eight and nine year olds could accept this.

First he makes a device to calculate their position in the ocean.  It doesn't work that way.  A sextant is extremely hard to use.  The sun is behind him and he looks to the sky and says

that he knows where they are at that point.  hahahahahahaaha  dont go to sea with this idea.

Then the asian girl instantly figures out the flotation quota of a bunch of junk and figures exactly how fast they are floating.  Nonsense.

I could go on and on about this crap but man I just want to watch a show with a little bit of truth to it.

You cannot solve all these things in 44 minutes.  Time compressed idiotic TV shows are driving me insane.

Next time I will discuss how a show that says  "Two Broke Girls"  uses two actress that are over 35 years old as 20 year olds. There isn't enough makeup in the world to hide that.

Another thing.

Why does CBS only use 20 actors in all their shows?  These people go from one series to another.  Isn't there any fresh faces out there?

NCIS:New Orleans   Scott Bakula

Why do they insist on giving that 50 year old guy another series after series??  He was the lead in the '80-90's on a show about time travel (Quantum Leap).  The costar of that show is dead.

He ruined Star Trek: Enterprise  He is only 5'8" but they put him  in boots all the time, with 2" lifts and 2" heels. Just to make him look tall.  Then they put him with 5'5" costars.

Idiotic.

Well thats enough.  You guys are probably brain dead by now.

the main reason why I dont want tv shows anymore is becouse of my experience in certain fields and predictability of the series itself. sucks all the fun out of watching them becouse I know the things they do are either totally unnatural or impossible, or just plain untrue. Actor walks into a field by himself? he either falls down a hole or is going to get shot or something stupid like that depending on the type of series you are watching.

Mainly stick to youtube and twitch for entertainment as it feels more genuine production wise.

Next time I will discuss how a show that says  "Two Broke Girls"  uses two actress that are over 35 years old as 20 year olds. There isn't enough makeup in the world to hide that.

Not really sure what you mean with this part, I dont watch the show (checked a couple of episodes when it started, it wasnt interesting or funny enough to me) but as far as I know the characters started off mid 20s not 20. This was back when the acresses were actually mid 20s (now about 30).

They are TV shows for a reason. If you want to see something accurate and realistic that depicts the true nature of how things are done. Go watch a documentary. If you watch series with the hopes of seeing some form of accuracy, of course you are going to be disappointed....

• Like 2

Was hyped about the first episode of the "Scorpion", let some things slide, because it was the first episode and it had to have some action going on, just to catch some viewers.

After second episode I watched it only because the characters; at the middle of the first season they even didn´t try to show genius at work, the show became just an average action series.

And yes, you can make anything when you have McGyver´s knife! That´s a scientific proven fact!

Never went to those csisnscisiscnscsainse shows...

• Like 1

If the characters are entertaining,work together well and the show well written giving me an emotional bond,whether is laughter,drama,action..or all three I'm good.... i do dislike most reality shows because after a bit it become obvious it's all bs because they have to keep escalating what they do to top last episode

• Leader

My pet peeve is the muzzle-flashes on weapons that have flash-suppressors, especially M-16s and AK-47s.  Pistols are shown with a foot-long (.3m) flash!

Another peeve is all the dust in sunbeams shining through windows.  I have a dusty house with only a few windows that will admin sunlight directly and they never look like that.   :)

I have my doubts about venetian blinds casting shadows onto the actors faces  7b0346b6c7b29362a6ca938129c7c927.jpg, along with all of the half-lit faces that your eyes will never see in RL.  

I think that the "shaky camera" work done sometimes is to give the viewer the impression is that they are the operator and are actually there recording.   :)