Iphone Login problems

JOHNNY008

The only other thing besides updating the browser is to enable SSL on the phone I don't have a old phone later then iPhone 5 this tho should be the correct way to enable this protocol https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-enable-ssl-on-an-iphone

• Like 1

Thanks for you help, but still a no-go. Its not an old phone, everything updated, tried four different browsers, same deal. Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Google app. Works fine on my iPad, but not on my iPhone.

Okay, so I checked this out now cause that's not cool, not having any option to get this sorted and no solution in sight.

It seems that everything's fine but the UA (User-Agent) of iPhones are in some kind of blacklist (or ast least not in the whitelist) or so that prevents the page to display correctly.

Logging in from an iPhone usually gets you to the success message and then redirects back and you see the default page. It's not. You are actually signed in but the output is like you're signed out. This is independent from any iphone model, the OS is not the fault, as iPads work out as expected.

So for everyone who is eager for using these forums on their iPhone only, I found a page on SO where you can choose from a list of apps (mobile browsers) that do support changing the User-Agent (Click here). Download, install, change your UA, sign in, and then eventually you will also VISUALLY see the page content.

I hope this helps, surely not a great deal but at least a working work-a-round since there doesn't seem to be a solution at all at the moment.

Of course it would be nice if this issue gets sorted and will be fixed in its roots so there's no need for every iPhone user to use an app in order to view page content.

/JoNny

Edited by JoNny
  • Like 3

Okay, so I checked this out now cause that's not cool, not having any option to get this sorted and no solution in sight.

It seems that everything's fine but the UA (User-Agent) of iPhones are in some kind of blacklist (or ast least not in the whitelist) or so that prevents the page to display correctly.

Logging in from an iPhone usually gets you to the success message and then redirects back and you see the default page. It's not. You are actually signed in but the output is like you're signed out. This is independent from any iphone model, the OS is not the fault, as iPads work out as expected.

So for everyone who is eager for using these forums on their iPhone only, I found a page on SO where you can choose from a list of apps (mobile browsers) that do support changing the User-Agent (Click here). Download, install, change your UA, sign in, and then eventually you will also VISUALLY see the page content.

I hope this helps, surely not a great deal but at least a working work-a-round since there doesn't seem to be a solution at all at the moment.

Of course it would be nice if this issue gets sorted and will be fixed in its roots so there's no need for every iPhone user to use an app in order to view page content.

/JoNny

thanks for the workaround. still i can't believe it seems so hard to find the right solution. its sound like u have to "allow" iPhone users for this site or what? 

No, I don't think so, because I have tried logging in with an empty UA and you would suggest this will be blocked but I got thru. So I'm pretty much sure it's rather on some kind of blacklist. Maybe it's done by IP, but as this issue doesn't seem to come up on other forums (otherwise this issue would have been posted on their forums for sure already) I suppose it's a setting somewhere only specific on this forum where this model / UA is not allowed to log in - or at least it behaves like one is not signed in.

It could also be a simple front end bug where maybe IP tries to serve a specific page / layout only to iPhone users and it got an output bug so it returns the page where you seem to be signed out. But that's not the case I guess since I didn't see any specific layout that would differ from the desktop one.

Also possible would be an issue with calling (getting) the signin cookie when UA-Model = iPhone but that would be really odd.

So I suppose it's the first one, it's simply the most likely reason :)

/JoNny

Edited by JoNny

i have pm unknown about this and told him to let DD know about this and he said he have PMed DD . lets wait and see if it gets solved.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I assume there is no simple solution to access the forums using an iPhone and a regular browser? What a shame.

(Because it still isn't working.)

Edited by Bean

I assume there is no simple solution to access the forums using an iPhone and a regular browser? What a shame.

we going to have a new forums soon. DD is working on it. and that forums can be use by iphone/android browsers ( mobile phone ) .

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I surrender.

they wanted to fix this issue when the new homepage will be rolled out, not sure when this gonna be. 

its working on iPad, just not on iPhone