video lag

greenbow2002

Hello Guys

i have problem with video in big maps can any1 help me please?

fps 125

rate 25000

primitives 2

maxpackets 100

r_mode 7

Help me please i cant play in big maps :(:help

Replay here or send message 

Edited by greenbow2002

try these settings:

\r_simpleMipMaps "0"

\r_lodCurveError "25"

\r_subdivisions "999"

\r_lodbias "2"

\r_dynamiclight "0"

\r_dlightBacks "0"

\r_ati_truform_tess "0"
\r_ati_fsaa_samples "0"

\cg_shadows "0"

\cg_atmosphericeffects "0"
\cg_atmosphererenderdistance "0"

\com_soundmegs "64"

\com_hunkmegs "256"
\com_zoneMegs "64"

\vid_restart
Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

your graphic card is an AMD.. right? Because if it's not the case, r_primitives shouldn't be on 2 but on 0. Other cause might be your connection and not an fps drop like you suppose being.

Edited by Ann!b@l

Baserace isn't really a big map. Can you do a condump and share it and maybe give the model number for the pc if it's not custom built.

You could be experiencing a bug. This will reset ET back to default with out reinstalling type in console only use this at last resort this will remove all information from user input back to when et was installed and your name will be changed back to ETPlayer cvar_restart;exec etconfig;vid_restart

edit:

I meant condump of cvarlist 

/clear console type cvarlist then use condump and change the text file name and has to have .txt on the end in console type condump somenameoftextdoc.txt this will be saved in the wolfenstien etmain folder do this after turning it on not in a server.

Edited by DoubleDragon

• Platinum VIP

Can you check your CPU/GPU temps?? When I had this problem, I was overheating on my CPU and didn't realize it. New Thermal goop and a good cleaning of the heat sink fan and radiator and boom! no more lag

Try to change the thermal paste like Hip said cause what your having is Vis issues in the game from all the entities running and your processor maybe not reading the visible distance. What you don't see in game is all the text information related to the entities like baserace has spread all across both ends of the map.

Same type but different brand I use. CoolMaster makes a lot of parts for heatsinks trustworthy https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Performance-Thermal-Paste/dp/B0009PTBZ6

I will try and get a screen shot of all the stuff in base race that you don't see in game.

• Like 1

This was what I meant these are the things in game that causes most pc's to slow down it's not graphics side more of processor side to read the text that you dont see. The game just turns them off but it still has to read it from script its like a background process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ajWb8irivc

• Like 1

now what i have to do?

i give my sys 

2.00gb ram

32-bit operating system

win 7

intel® core ™2 duo cpu 2.20Ghz

assualt map 

baserace

river port

and more maps

video lag i cant play 

please give me a app or anything expect buy frm shops 

</3

2.00gb ram

32-bit operating system

win 7

intel® core ™2 duo cpu 2.20Ghz

greenbow what is your native language?

Maybe we can find someone that can talk to you in case you dont 100% understand.

Our members replied to you with suggestions, but it seems you don't understand or ignore them.

• Like 1

Why the hell do you ask for help if you ignore the help that they offer you???

HipKat said he had this problem too and it was because his CPU(processor) was overheating. So he asked you to check for the temps of the CPU and GPU(graphic card) to see if its the same problem. If you dont know how to do check the temps ask about it. There are a fair amount of tools online where you can check the temps (SpeedFan or Core Temp(CPU only) for example)

Annibal asked if you use an AMD GPU or not. The system specs you tell us are about the RAM (2Gb), the operating system (win 7 32-bit) and the processor (2,2 Ghz).
You should be able to see if its AMD or Nvidia if you open the Device Manager in windows.
Here is a guide how to open the Device Manager

You should check these things and give us the results so we can check if there is something wrong with it or not. We could offer you many things that could help in some way or another but if you wont do anything from your side we cant help.

Superantispyware

Malwarebytes

Advanced System Care Free

CCleaner

Most anything on Majorgeeks.com

The things your asking for will speed it up but it will also add more services to the dualcore thats having a hard enough time as you state. Even with no graphics card running on integrated graphics wouldn't lag that much with video its mostly processing speed of data . 

I can't offer anything other then try Advance System Care Free cause it's the last thing I remember using I do most of my tuning my self have for a while. CCleaner will remove old files unused and clean web browsers but you need to disable the monitor it comes with now. It also adds a context menu to the right click of mouse to empty trash bin and don't have to keep opening the ccleaner cause it will clean everything as if it was open already and shuts down when it's done.

Besides the cleaning you will still have a Dual Core processor your limited on how fast data is transferred to video display. That's it the only other thing is to reinstall windows or replace parts with upgrades or buy a new pc 

I have teamviewer can remotely help you if you need and you don't have to download anything just use the Quick Support on this page https://www.teamviewer.com and mail me so we can get on same page it's best I can offer am busy at the moment if you want to arrange this anytime soon please just mail me here so admins can monitor.