Wolfenstein: The New Order Dev's Next Game

Night Hunter

It's been rumored for a long time now that Wolfenstein: The New Order developer MachineGames is making a sequel as its next project. It has not been formally announced, but now Bethesda marketing executive Pete Hines has teased it again.

3192768-wolf1.jpg

Appearing on the latest Kinda Funny Gamescast, Hines said he's already played this game and it is "f**king bananas."

"MachineGames has been hard at work on something, which I can tell you I have played," he explained. "It is f**king bananas. And I can't wait to show what it actually is."

Host Greg Miller asked if the game will be revealed at E3 2017. Hines didn't respond to this directly, but said, "I'll let you know when."

The next game from MachineGames is widely believed to be a sequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order. A mock cmd.exe screen flashed on-screen during Bethesda's E3 2016 briefing that showed an unknown property called "The New Colossus," with a release date listed as only **-**-**.

It's not clear what The New Colossus is at the moment--it could be the name of the rumored sequel, an expansion, or something else entirely. "New Colossus" may refer to a sonnet by Emma Lazarus, which, in addition to appearing on the base of the Statue of Liberty, was also recited by Wolfenstein protagonist BJ Blazkowicz at the end of The New Order.

MachineGames is owned by Bethesda and The New Order was its first game. Just a month after the game came out in 2014, creative director Jens Matthies said the studio has a "very, very clear idea" for what it could do with a sequel. "We would love to do a sequel," he added.

A standalone game, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, came out in May 2015.

In September 2015, Alicja Bachleda-Curus, who played Anya Oliwa in The New Order, said she's working on a "second one" that could launch in 2017. In October last year, B.J. Blazkowicz voice actor Brian Bloom strongly suggested that a new Wolfenstein game is on the way.

• Like 2

Awesome. I actually really enjoyed "The New Order". Although it was still too easy on the hardest difficulty for me. I started playing the additional game settings that dont allow any deaths which was slightly more challenging and frustrating lol.

I haven't played the New Order and Old Blood. Should I give them a try ? Are they solo-player only ?

Havent played old blood yet.

Should definitely try New Order. Its great. Ive completed 3 walkthroughs! I think its only single player yeah. +1 for trying though!

i enjoyed new order , but i had to revert to playing it on ps3 ,, it took a little bit to adjust to the controler v.s using the mouse and keyboard on my pc ,,, ( my prefered method of playing ) ,, the reason i had to go to ps3 is that the pc version , which i bought from a store ( no download) was worthless , all it did was take me to steam to download it lol ... and after doing that , waiting for the multiple redownloads and updates ,, the damn thing wont launch ,, i click play and it pauses ,,, then the screen goes black for a few seconds , then back to the steam screen ,,, and the steam window tells me that i had all of 5 secnonds of play time lol ... i have contacted steam about this several times with no reply ...wow i miss the good old days of buy it on disc , own it forever , install when you want lol ,, anyway ,, i would love to see a sequel !!!.....i wish someone would make a sequel to rtcw using the same quake 3 engine , i know its dated but there is something very playable about it ,,, i know most of you enjoy the same aspects of it since you still play ET like me =)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...