Cheep Tutorials : Boiling Eggs

CheepHeep

Boiling Eggs

Today I am going to present to you an alternative method of boiling eggs that I find more efficient and quicker in comparison to the standard way, which is boiling it in a pan.

Eggs are a good, healthy source of energy, especially boiled eggs. So try to implement this into your weekly meals in reasonably amounts.

Note : This tutorial will show how to boil 2-4 eggs at a time. Adjust times for additional eggs.

Materials/Apparatus : Kettle, eggs, empty bowl, water, timer.

Steps :

1. Gently place the eggs in the kettle. Avoid dropping them in to prevent cracking them.

2. Fill kettle with water to about 2 inches above the eggs. Ensure eggs are fully submerged.

3. Start the kettle.

4. Switch off the kettle just as you start to see the water bubbling. ( Time varies from kettle to kettle - a good kettle can boil within a few minutes )

5. Leave eggs in the kettle for 4-5 minutes.

6. Empty the water into the sink and place eggs in an empty bowl.

7. Fill the bowl with cold water and allow eggs to settle for 1 minute.

8. Take out eggs and EAT.

Total time : Approximately 9 minutes.

Note :

- Using this method will leave the yoke solid but not dry. ( like a lightly fried egg yoke )

- If you like your yoke runny - reduce the time you leave the eggs in the kettle to 2 minutes.

- The first few attempts may result in failure after which you will learn to boil your eggs perfectly without overdoing it!

- This technique might not be for everyone but it works for me.

- Kettle may need rinsing after usage.

Disclaimer : I. hereby, withdraw any responsibility for exploded eggs or damage caused using this technique.

Warning: If  the egg floats in water instead of sinking, throw away the egg. It is no longer edible and has gone off. ( Thanks BorR )

Edited by Fearless Staff
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

My question is: are you effin serious to make a topic like this? LoL :D

What's next? :)

It was 3am when I made it lol and its a cool creative technique! Be sure to expect more whacky stuff lol.

• Like 2

For me the ideal cooking time is is 4:40 minutes (with + or - 10 seconds, not more) but I let the water boiling the whole time.

Your method differs from the usual one because you place the eggs in a kettle before it boils and turn it off as soon as it boils.

I only see to possible difficulties with you method :

-How do you place the eggs at the bottom of the kernel ? The opening is too thin to let the arms go through.

-Even if you're very careful, eggs do break open sometimes and you'll end up with a kettle full of white egg (albumen). Because of the aforementioned problem, it will be a real pain to clean it up.

For me the ideal cooking time is is 4:40 minutes (with + or - 10 seconds, not more) but I let the water boiling the whole time.

Your method differs from the usual one because you place the eggs in a kettle before it boils and turn it off as soon as it boils.

I only see to possible difficulties with you method :

-How do you place the eggs at the bottom of the kernel ? The opening is too thin to let the arms go through.

-Even if you're very careful, eggs do break open sometimes and you'll end up with a kettle full of white egg (albumen). Because of the aforementioned problem, it will be a real pain to clean it up.

My arms go through. I have a big kettle? And broken eggs have happened but when I perfected this method, I find it a whole lot easier to make the perfect boiledd egg. It's not that and to clean...just rinse.

I hardly break the eggs now. What you can do is fill up the kettle with water to approximately the level that allows the eggs to be full submerged and then some. Then put the eggs in. That way they just sink to the bottom. If they float. You got a bad egg buddy!

• Like 1

I have just checked with my kettle. Not even my hand goes through. The opening is just too small. This is how mine looks like :

KEL_CC677BL_-00_Chefs-Choice-677-Electri

However if yours looks like this one, with a wider opening, then you can put the eggs at the bottom and clean it easily :

700_yanagi-kettle-silver.jpg

Haha it would never get that dirty at all. Besides, at least im trying to do things differently instead of copying the mainstream methods that have brainwashed us into thinking there is only one way to do things. In the end, the goal is to boil the egg. Just because you found one way of doing it doesnt mean you cant improve on it. The only way to improve on it is to experiment and that is exactly what im doing.

Now the purpose i posted this tutorial is not only just to show an alternative method of making boiled eggs but to show you that if you think outside the box, if you think critically and creatively, you can come up with things that will just amaze people. Some may find you bonkers but if it works, then whos the fool? The innovator or the copycat?

• Like 1

so the water doesnt cook like it usually does when u make boiled eggs?

thats the main difference or?

chick chick cheep :D

• Like 1

Well the water boils in both methods. Technically, its just a different way of boiling eggs. There's pros and cons to both but ultimately it's up to the user to decide which one is easier for the person making the eggs. :P