Covert Ops Weapon Pickup

Roboes

Covert Ops Weapons  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Covert Ops in Silent be able to pick up SMG/MP40 when dressed as different class?

• YES
    • NO

Apologizes, I thought this thread would apply to all servers, not only Silent.

That said. I assume that is possible what I said before in NQ.

I also remember playing Covert in Jaymod with SMG but I must had be mistaken since the CVAR option is missing from source code.

There is a red circle above a disguised covert's head only visible by your teammates to avoid being team killed. I don't recall it on silent1, I don't play there often I have like 4-5kxp there lol. I think there also should be a red circle but its not really needed because you can't harm them if they're your teammates.

but, in HC this isnt the case. there is no red circle on that server

but, in HC this isnt the case. there is no red circle on that server

When your teammate is in disguise. You can see a big red circle above their head. FF is on so this is a must or we will just shoot our own teammates.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I totally think this would enhance the gameplay and allow more people to utilize the covie class as it is currently the least used class 

• Like 1

I totally think this would enhance the gameplay and allow more people to utilize the covie class as it is currently the least used class 

I agree. Unfortunately, except NQ the other mods needs some real coding. Unless someone has the time and patience to do so, assuming this is a good step for the majority (apparently not).

Please don't do this on HC. HC is the closest to base line raw ET gameplay, the way it was meant to be. Silent is perfect for the silly stuff like pssh.

• Like 1

well, we all have our opinions, I just think on HC we have experienced players, and its silly to see a "medic" with an FG42, like that doesn't scream enemy in disguise.Thats the point of being covert. I doubt it would "ruin" HC though. maybe, promote covops usage in game.

I agree. Unfortunately, except NQ the other mods needs some real coding. Unless someone has the time and patience to do so, assuming this is a good step for the majority (apparently not).

well, 21 total votes, too bad we cant have a larger sample size.

• Like 2

well, we all have our opinions, I just think on HC we have experienced players, and its silly to see a "medic" with an FG42, like that doesn't scream enemy in disguise.Thats the point of being covert. I doubt it would "ruin" HC though. maybe, promote covops usage in game.

well, 21 total votes, too bad we cant have a larger sample size.

Indeed, 21 votes for all mods just shows how players are actually worried about this. The OP pool was intended for Silent #1 / #2 only I believe.

Hardcore should be left as is. If anything it already has too many add ons considering k/d being displayed only promotes players to camp and hide like a bunch of turds.

If you've noticed, hardcore attracts what is left of the American ET pro community and many ex and active etpro players from around the world that play there because it's the closest thing to etpro gameplay you can get on an active u.s. server. Most of these players you won't catch on silent 1 because of all the add ons.

It will also promote more team bleeding on the only server with out it (team damage being another reason said players choose HC). Many, including myself, often pop a few shots in anyone acting weird with out a helmet just in case they're a covi. Now give covis the ability to pick up smg's and players will be mowing down teammates left and right.

I'm not dog'n on your idea or anything, I don't think it's a bad one to begin with, it just isn't for HC. A server like silent #1 is much better suited for your idea.

Let the old schoolers have at least one F|A run no BS server to play on.

• Like 3

Hardcore should be left as is. If anything it already has too many add ons considering k/d being displayed only promotes players to camp and hide like a bunch of turds.

If you've noticed, hardcore attracts what is left of the American ET pro community and many ex and active etpro players from around the world that play there because it's the closest thing to etpro gameplay you can get on an active u.s. server. Most of these players you won't catch on silent 1 because of all the add ons.

It will also promote more team bleeding on the only server with out it (team damage being another reason said players choose HC). Many, including myself, often pop a few shots in anyone acting weird with out a helmet just in case they're a covi. Now give covis the ability to pick up smg's and players will be mowing down teammates left and right.

I'm not dog'n on your idea or anything, I don't think it's a bad one to begin with, it just isn't for HC. A server like silent #1 is much better suited for your idea.

Let the old schoolers have at least one F|A run no BS server to play on.

I don't think this is even a good idea for S1. Covies already get 3ft knives (yes, other classes get them too but they're a lot more effective with covies), reduced damage when disguised, reduced or no explosive damage, plus all of the things 'normal' covies get. If anything covies need to be tuned in the opposite favor.

I do however agree that if anywhere, HC is not the place for this. It is supposed to emulate a 'pro' environment and etpro doesn't have the function AFAIK (and most people don't even play covie on etpro for what it's worth.)

Edited by Symfony
  • Like 1

Doesn't make any difference in HC. Like somebody stated it'is a place for experienced players and players looking experience a bit of the best servers in the past. Few experienced players play covert unless to show off their skills with Sten. And when they do in small maps like - 70% of the time on this server - they don't need to pick light weapons to destroy cp like Bremen.

On the other hand, if Silent servers you can spot a covert with a warning then makes perfect sense to pick. Same for Jaymod or NQ as long as FF is off.

FF on and this idea is never a good combo and never saw or recall a good server to run it.

Edited by zrong