Covert Ops Weapon Pickup

Roboes

Covert Ops Weapons  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Covert Ops in Silent be able to pick up SMG/MP40 when dressed as different class?

• YES
    • NO

Hi everyone.

Ive been on HC very often, Just a suggestion, since theres TK and all, realistic etc.

I believe that Covert Ops once dressed in different uniform, should be able to pick up SMG/MP40, unless they steal another CovOps uniform.  I've seen this before and think that it would only enhance the gameplay on HC. It is HC, more realitic, so why limit their weapons? Other players can pick up SMG/MP40, but a covie cant after stealing a suit?? Seems a little silly. A Covops should be able to utilize these weapons in game, with a suit, but only these and their usual weapons. Suggestions??

Thx ROBOES

P.S. VOTE!

• Like 3

If this is possible l, yes! I've seen this too. Really cool. Covert Ops are becoming redundant because you can easily see who is in disguise by looking at their weapon. Allowing coverts to pick up standard weapons will make it harder for this to happen. Another challenge and allowing covert ops class to live up to its full potential. Less Rambo medics as well because I certainly would go covy more often !

Good suggestion!

• Like 3

I think this shouldn't happen as it creates more variety of weapons if they can't do it, also whoever picks CvetOps class is comfortable, or should be (ahaha) with Fg40, sten, or sniper.

Also I think FG40 is already a mp40/thompson with low ammo size, and very powerful is used well.

I dont think its possible to set up the Covert Ops that he is able to pick up another weapon after he steals a suit. He can either pick up SMGs all the time or he cant. I never bothered with Server settings and I could be mistaken but I just dont think that there is some kind of flag that allows it.

• Like 1

I think this shouldn't happen as it creates more variety of weapons if they can't do it, also whoever picks CvetOps class is comfortable, or should be (ahaha) with Fg40, sten, or sniper.

Also I think FG40 is already a mp40/thompson with low ammo size, and very powerful is used well.

Well, a soldier, medic, field ops and eng can interchange their smg for MP40 and visa versa. It would seem fair/even to allow Covops to do the same. BTW, FG42 is automatic, however, is trash at distances, (in the automatic position), even in prone or croutch position.

I dont think its possible to set up the Covert Ops that he is able to pick up another weapon after he steals a suit. He can either pick up SMGs all the time or he cant. I never bothered with Server settings and I could be mistaken but I just dont think that there is some kind of flag that allows it.

You may be right there, however, as you said, let the covops pick up smg, mp40 from the start, as other classes can.

Maybe an addendum, in regards to Destiny"s concern, in HC the covops isnt identified with a red circle above him when he is in enemy uniform in HC. Maybe they should be like on Silent1?? That would help with team killing, team bleed?

But

Maybe an addendum, in regards to Destiny"s concern, in HC the covops isnt identified with a red circle above him when he is in enemy uniform in HC. Maybe they should be like on Silent1?? That would help with team killing, team bleed?

FF is off on silent1 so team bleeding and killing isn't an issue.

I would still like for this too happen. A trial at least to see how it goes.....

• Like 1

But

FF is off on silent1 so team bleeding and killing isn't an issue.

I would still like for this too happen. A trial at least to see how it goes.....

yeah, id preffer this chamge in HC, it is supposed to be Hardcore for a reason, realistic.

• Like 1

They already have FG42, annoying with that and undercover suit is enough already.

Not really, undercover is only good for opening doors. It's so easy to see who is undercover because last time I checked medics or soldiers don't carry FG42s :P Kind of defeats the purpose of "undercover" or "in disguise" when there is a major flaw that completely gives away a disguised enemy, which I think should be fixed by implementing this.

• Like 1

Not really, undercover is only good for opening doors. It's so easy to see who is undercover because last time I checked medics or soldiers don't carry FG42s :P Kind of defeats the purpose of "undercover" or "in disguise" when there is a major flaw that completely gives away a disguised enemy, which I think should be fixed by implementing this.

70% of regulars aren't even paying attention to details like that, as soon as they see enemy wearing an udercover uni, they take it as one of their own, i cant even explain how many times i did that and actually got healed by enemy medics thinking im one of their own, covie has own tricks and work arounds that can get u thro that obsticle as well, just have to play it on advanced mod. There's a group of ppl who can spot them easy, but for the rest its still like they would be sided with one of their own, giving them additional weapons and basically taking away only way to spot them with enemy suit will result on hardcore for example in massive teambleeding fest as everyone will be afraid of their own shadow. Figure out where the rest leads.

• Like 1

I must admit it is slightly more difficult to notice a sten as it holds a similar shape and colour to mp40s. Hardcore server where I am mostly stationed is different. I'd say 70%+ know how to notice weapons because I often see coverts hold grenades or knives to make it less obvious because they know if they use default covy weapons they will be spotted easily.

Maybe I'm too experienced :P

• Like 1

70% of regulars aren't even paying attention to details like that, as soon as they see enemy wearing an udercover uni, they take it as one of their own, i cant even explain how many times i did that and actually got healed by enemy medics thinking im one of their own, covie has own tricks and work arounds that can get u thro that obsticle as well, just have to play it on advanced mod. There's a group of ppl who can spot them easy, but for the rest its still like they would be sided with one of their own, giving them additional weapons and basically taking away only way to spot them with enemy suit will result on hardcore for example in massive teambleeding fest as everyone will be afraid of their own shadow. Figure out where the rest leads.

I thoght that if you had your crosshairs on a covie long enough, that it would say "disguised enemy?" And in silent, for some reason undercover covies have a red circle above them, yet there isnt TB or TK? But on HC I dont see this red circle above covies undercover.