ET key loss? system formated

shellshock

Hello, as some of you know I have been having trouble with my computer booting. The thing is I believe it restored/formated itself. What I'm afraid of is that it wiped all of my ET documents and files from the computer. Which means I probably lost my XP which was around 110k on silent #1. The big question is, since it probably formated itself, do I loose my level as a jr. Admin? Do I have to restart all over? I really hope not because I put alot of time and dedication into this awesome clan.

If you did lose your ET documents. You wouldn't have to start from scratch in the clan. You have to get a new GUID/ETkey and update your profile page with the new guid and then post on tracker that your level needs setting.

Hmmmm how do you know you e lost your documents. Have you managed to boot it up?

If you did lose your ET documents. You wouldn't have to start from scratch in the clan. You have to get a new GUID/ETkey and update your profile page with the new guid and then post on tracker that your level needs setting.

Hmmmm how do you know you e lost your documents. Have you managed to boot it up?

I havent. I gave it to a friend who is a tech guy. Hopefully he gets it going. He thinks it could be the hard drive. I was just spit balling, thinking I would loose levels

Well I recently had to replace my hard disk because it was heavily corrupted with po....with stuff. Jk. A lot of the stuff i couldn't save. But I managed to get some stuff from it, so not all hope is lost provided the tech guy hasn't formatted it. Then you probably have lost it.

• Like 1

You should have sent a mail to yourself containing both SILENT.DAT and ETKEY , just in case something wrong happen.

If you lost your files, you will indeed loose your XPs, you won't have LVLs either but to fix that you'll just have to update your GUIDs and you're good to go.

(I lost 1.000.000 XP due to that as well xD)

Edited by Dovaah
  • Like 1

You should have sent a mail to yourself containing both SILENT.DAT and ETKEY , just in case something wrong happen.

If you lost your files, you will indeed loose your XPs, you won't have LVLs either but to fix that you'll just have to update your GUIDs and you're good to go.

So no matter what I loose my levels and have to restart all of my work? I never knew this would happen.

Yeah, it sucks tbh but that's life. Always going to be setbacks, some major, some minor. But in the end, don't give up. XP is easy to attain. I got 40kxp in less than 2 weeks. A month and a bit , I got 100kxp +.

Well loosing your LVLs isn't the problem, the problem is your XPs I guess.

See that as a challenge :P

So now, after you got your LVLs back, send your ETKEY and SILENT.DAt to yourself or upload it in a cloud, incase something wrong happen again (if you need help feel free to PM me :) )

Depends on the technician who's repairing it for you should be able to access the hard drive as a drive letter like a thumb drive and get it from there. It may not boot but if it comes on you should be able to salvage the information from the device. Just be sure to ask him to save the data before reformatting the drive.

I every day I install a new ET and there I copy my cfg and then play, but I never lost, xp, guid and etkey

Edited by JirenTV

That is really weird.

Your XPs are saved on the server files, the GUIDs (PBguid and/or Silent guid) are like your ID. If you change those (by deleting your files) you won't have the same ID anymore and so won't be recognized

Please tell me I won't loose my level as a jr admin

You will remain level 12. You will have to be set on the server again, but just because you lost the file on your harddrive does not mean we are going to remove you from the clan. That would be ridiculous. Like others have stated, you will just have to get all your XP back. You're level 12 will be given to you once you update your GUIDs.

• Like 3

Don't worry mate!! Even if you lost both xps+lvls, if needed I can give you about same xps back and reinstate your level if you lost the files storing all this. Fix your pc, and once done pm me.. We will work on this together.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 5